Sign in to follow this  
Dastardly31

Is anyone else bored?

My hype meter for Broken Age has been a bit stagnant of late.

Perhaps it's the waiting, and the documentaries making out the project is still in early to middle development.

But for me, I'm get less excited.

It still seems like the game is 6 months away, and I think by the time it is out, people will become bored of it and for us backers, it'll be more - "at frickin' last" rather than "Oh WOW!

I don't know how to get people excited again, but for me, who would have watched each episode of the documentary asap, I'm a bit "meh" at the minute.

Does anyone else feel this?

This happens when games take a while to come out. Once we get closer to release, I guarantee you'll be excited again. Keep in mind, non backers just got their first look at the game a couple weeks ago (and the teaser may have been over shadowed by the Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer releasing the same day) which is probably why we're not seeing much buzz from them.

I'm a little bored. :)

Side question - do the threads in the "DFA: From Double Fine and 2 Player Productions" subforum appear all out of order for other people? Every other subforum lists threads by most recent post, but for some reason that subforum is randomly assorted.

I think its ordered on topic post date instead of last post made.

The honeymoon is over ...

Now we see which backers were really prepared for the long term commitment!

I'm getting bored too. I've been thinking of cheating with another Kickstarter project ...

Seth B.

The honeymoon is over ...

Now we see which backers were really prepared for the long term commitment!

aka the cocoon phase

(funny, this is the first image I found searching for that term)

l.jpg

Fear that people will react this way is exactly why many games don't even get announced until later in development. It's hard to maintain hype for 18 months straight.

I think its ordered on topic post date instead of last post made.

That's what I figured, but I'd still prefer the normal way since the table of contents contains links to all the threads in order of creation.

Yes,yes it's hard to keep the hype. It's hard to keep people interested while not revealing too much.

Still it would help if we could throw spaghetti and meatballs at them while they work. I think Oliver would dodge them like a ninja and Tim would make a wig out of them.

Programming/ArtWork isn't that interesting to watch, once it's done, it can be awesome. If you walked in doublefine right now it would be a bunch of people sitting at desks working (ON AWESOMENESS), not very exciting until they're done and there is something to show. I kinda wish 2PP was a little faster, they seemed to have slowed from their initial pace, but MEH, new episode this week, that should get you jazzed

I don't tend to get bored. Then again, I don't have Broken Age as my only interest.

Really, I'm more excited about this project than I've been at the start. It was mostly "let's see what these guys can do" then, and now it's more "hey, I'd like to play that already."

I think the trick is to forget about the game in-between the updates, which is what I do, and I'm generally excited every time a new doc episode or side-quest comes out.

Think of the monster with the wibbly arms, that makes me feel better.

Whenever we see the monster with the wiggly arms it's "Family Guy's" commercial for "Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man!"

(low quality youtube link:

)

Sign in to follow this