Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 9: "Broken Age"

This was good Episode, particularly since we finally got to see Ron making suggestions about the game.

Since the next Episode will probably be around in the summer, I’ll keep looking around here but not as often as before, I got to the point where I just want to get the game in my hands and move on to other things, paying attention to the development of a particular game for over a year has become tiring.

I don't know about anyone else, but the look of relief and happiness on Tim's face when the audience starts clapping is probably one of the most moving parts of this documentary so far. As someone who's sole goal in life is to share experiences with other people, I can only hope to experience that moment when I know I've reached people with my work. I'm sure that's why Tim does what he does.

I loved the epic shot of Lee smiling when the trailer was on the big screen!

2FLgu.jpg

My favorite shot from this episode. Overall awesome, probably the best episode yet!

truman-show.png

I love you.

Wonderful episode! The trailer and gameplay looks incredible, loving the animation and style of how it's turning out!

Awesome! I found the trailer to be a bit extra juicy seeing it in here. Some sections like the zoom out from the monster felt a little punchier for some reason.

Nooo! Brandon nooooo!

You bring him back! You bring him back right now, or I'll never forgive you!

*rocks in fetal position*

Does anyone know the music playing as tim walks on stage at GDC. About 38:00

37:47. Is everyone at doublefine really really small :P or is Greg really really tall haha.

This so much reminds me of every school picture i had taken, i would stand 1 head higher than everyone else, looking totally goofy.

Great as always. One thing that sprang to mind when watching was that while I'm glad the character can run, I hope we have full control over when it happens, and that it's not just responding to how far away you are trying to travel, so the option is still there to have the character peacefully stroll across the scene with a single click.

most of the episode was stuff from the gametrailers week, no ?

Only about 10 minutes or something like that.

is the music used in the opening and ending credits of the documentary, part of the games soundtrack? or is it a song by an artist? if anyone has any information on the credits music. please. let me know, its great. i love it.
You can grab it here.

thank you sir

One thing that sprang to mind when watching was that while I'm glad the character can run, I hope we have full control over when it happens, and that it's not just responding to how far away you are trying to travel, so the option is still there to have the character peacefully stroll across the scene with a single click.

I think you'd be in the minority there, two things that annoy me about so called modern point and clicks are the propensity to over-animate the process of the character beginning and ending a motion, AND ponderously moving across the scene to do the same bloody thing you had them do 5 times already.

Bitter? Who, me?

One thing that sprang to mind when watching was that while I'm glad the character can run, I hope we have full control over when it happens, and that it's not just responding to how far away you are trying to travel, so the option is still there to have the character peacefully stroll across the scene with a single click.

I think you'd be in the minority there, two things that annoy me about so called modern point and clicks are the propensity to over-animate the process of the character beginning and ending a motion, AND ponderously moving across the scene to do the same bloody thing you had them do 5 times already.

Bitter? Who, me?

I think they said in the documentary that it would be doubleclick to make the character run like in some of the old lucasarts games.

Finally kicked back to watch this one. Fantastic as always.

I've said it before, but even if the only thing I got from this project was the documentary, I'd be a thoroughly satisfied customer. Every new episode is a genuine thrill.

Nice work as usual. If it hasn't been said enough, I'll say it again, 2PP, you guys are doing great work. I only know a little about video production, but still, it's very well done.

I lol'd at Tim's awkward walk down the long hallway.

I like Broken Age. But I wouldn't have gotten hung up on it if it were something else. Well...unless it was flat out stupid but that wasn't going to happen.

My immediate thought when it showed that scene of them watching the trailer on their phones on YouTube was "Oh man, don't read the comments!" YouTube comments are the worst.

Keep it up! Looks great.

This game is looking REALLY good.

It always irks me to hear point and click games referred to as relics.

I agree that there is a serenity in playing that genre, and with games like Broken Age and The Witness on the horizon, I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the "relics".

Great episode as always, game is looking great!

A little sad to see Ron to leave, I hope we'll see him again in some episodes!

! WOW !

This is my favorite episode so far! I got goosebumps at the end. Seriously compelling stuff! Plus BEAUTIFUL in places, too.

Great job!

I got a little teary eyed seeing Tim smile at the GDC awards after the crowd went nuts when they trailer was done.

I really enjoy these episodes, but there's a reoccurring issue that drives me insane.

Please mic the interviewer. Subtitling what they say makes due (though many times you've missed subtitles, and I have to go back, crank the volume to hear it, then crank it back down) but honestly, if you're going to use the questions in the show, you should record them better. As a sound guy, this drives me nuts. You've got a high quality production going, and it makes these kinds of errors that more glaring.

I really enjoy these episodes, but there's a reoccurring issue that drives me insane.

Please mic the interviewer. Subtitling what they say makes due (though many times you've missed subtitles, and I have to go back, crank the volume to hear it, then crank it back down) but honestly, if you're going to use the questions in the show, you should record them better. As a sound guy, this drives me nuts. You've got a high quality production going, and it makes these kinds of errors that more glaring.

It's not an error.

Excellent job guys - all round! I can't describe how excited I'm going to be to introduce this game to the family - my sons will be very keen to play it on the IPad or pc! It will be a great experience for them.

What an AMAZING teaser!!!

The soundtrack is PERFECT!

The art is mind blowing!!!

10/10 !!!

I'm so proud of you guys.

I was raised on Tim's games and waited all these years for a new point n' click adventure !!!

Thank you guys!!!!!

It's not an error.

Not to be glib, but, is it your intention to have the viewer have a hard time hearing the interviewer?

It's not an error.

Not to be glib, but, is it your intention to have the viewer have a hard time hearing the interviewer?

We're not interested in making the interviewer a part of the documentary. If there is a question or statement from the interviewer that is deemed important enough to be included in the edit we'll add a subtle for it. We strongly oppose the use of any personalities representing 2pp in our documentary projects. The doc is about Double Fine, first and formost.

Great episode! GDC! I'm only allowed to attend PDC/Build :P

Also, thanks for not showing much of the game, I don't like seeing too much before playing it. It's like movie trailers.. I don't watch those because 3/4th of the movie tends to be in them. I think the teasers they do for movies.. that's all that should come out.

:)

Sign in to follow this