Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 9: "Broken Age"

It's amazing how this project makes everyone feel so involved and emotionally attached versus other Kickstarters. Even thousands of miles away here in a tiny Asian island.

It's beautiful really. Felt really rewarding seeing the team reveal the trailer. It's like you want them to succeed with so much epicness that it'll explode.

Loved the pacing of the episode, and probably included some of the most beautiful work done in the documentary to date (The GDC Trailer Reveal)

I started to cry when the Crowd started cheering and seeing Tim smile. So happy for you guys and can't wait for the next episode and the game!

Somanytearsofhappiness.png

(Hope that scales so I don't blow up everyone's browser >.< haha)

Does anyone know the music playing as tim walks on stage at GDC. About 38:00

It's nearer the 41 minute mark but he walks on to "Take California" by Propellerheads.

I'll probably be a minority here, but I didn't quite like the episode. It had some kind of melancholy to it. Or perhaps it was just me after a really bad day? I dunno...

Anyway, Tim not being able to figure out the name (it's great, don't worry about it!), some of the people leaving the team... and I couldn't shake the feeling everyone was somewhat tired and down. Again, I might just have been projecting, but still...

Also... are there REALLY cases where someone releases a trailer at a convention like GDC and people BOO it?! It seemed to me like Tims fears were a bit misplaced - I mean, I understand you want the thing you're working on to turn out great, but I'm having a really hard time believing people would boo you. ;)

I'm surprised nobody's talking about what happened a few seconds later.

butterflydoom.png

Way to take a beautiful moment, and make it funny albeit a tad evil.

Believe it our not...and as cheezy as it may sound...I had tears in my eyes while watching the scene where the trailer was shown for the first time...great job double fine...great job 2player productions!!!

This one fills me with joy.

Also why not name the female character Iette/Yette? It's totally not my girlfriend's name by the way. :P (costs nothing to try)

Awesome episode, watching these has been an absolute treat. The game is looking awesome, the music is great, and the documentary itself is well done and always enjoyable.

Also, I'm not sure what his name is, but if you're reading this, tequila sunrise Astros jersey wearing guy, this Houstonion right here salutes you.

Also why not name the female character Iette/Yette? It's totally not my girlfriend's name by the way. :P (costs nothing to try)

I vote for that name too!

Every time hear the opening or closing jingle from one of these episodes I'm filled with a feeling of excitement over this game. I get super stoked about it EVERY time.

I'm almost glad the game has been pushed back so that we can get a few more episodes out of it :)

"It's totally not my girlfriend's name by the way" is a very peculiar name.

Excellent episode! I'm liking these videos more and more with each update. Really regret not buying the documentary when I backed.

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but will it be put up for sale when the game's finally released?

Excellent episode! I'm liking these videos more and more each update. Really regret not buying the documentary when I backed.

I'm pretty this has been asked before, but will it be put up for sale when the game's finally released?

Yes. Yes it will.

Excellent episode! I'm liking these videos more and more with each update. Really regret not buying the documentary when I backed.

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but will it be put up for sale when the game's finally released?

Yes. Yes it will.

Great! Thanks for answering :)

"It's totally not my girlfriend's name by the way" is a very peculiar name.

Smartass :P Iette / Yette is a shortened version of her name as well, just trying to get her name immortalised in another way ;) and it's a great name too

The more I see of the game, the more convinced I become about the graphical style. The first screenshots of it made me feel "Oh, that's something different at least. Let's give them the benefit of doubt and an opportunity to convince us". I liked it, but it was a bit forced "liking" of it. Now I can honestly say that I love it. It looks more and more fantastic for every scene we get see.

My only cause of concern is that the puzzle structure will be to linear, that there is only ever one puzzle at a time, instead of several as in Monkey Island. Other than that, I feel completely convinced about all other aspects.

*The graphical style and the execution of it looks fantastic.

*The game informer preview convinced me that the puzzles will be challenging enough.

*The music we heard so far is great.

*Every little detail we know about the characters and the story makes me reassured about the writing.

*And it seems like a lot of thought is going into the controls and the UI. The HOF and Ron's feedback makes me feel that Double Fine at least knows about most of the potential annoyances know.

Got a good feeling about this game. :)

My only cause of concern is that the puzzle structure will be to linear, that there is only ever one puzzle at a time, instead of several as in Monkey Island. Other than that, I feel completely convinced about all other aspects.

Whoever said that?

Whoever said that?

No one said, that, it's just a concern I have based on other recent adventure games. :)

Whoever said that?

No one said, that, it's just a concern I have based on other recent adventure games. :)

That may be addressed in the next episode.

Whoever said that?

That may be addressed in the next episode.

Sounds promising. :)

What I want to know is who's this other designer Tim mentions after the credits end?

Also, I'm very much looking forward to the next episode talking about puzzles.

That ending was brilliantly shot, the build up to the reveal at GDC and the look on Tim's face when the trailer ended and the applause started made me tear up. This has been the best episode so far, 2pp pulled off some amazing shots and the teaser trailer turned out to be so amazing. I can't wait for this to come out!

That ending was brilliantly shot, the build up to the reveal at GDC and the look on Tim's face when the trailer ended and the applause started made me tear up. This has been the best episode so far, 2pp pulled off some amazing shots and the teaser trailer turned out to be so amazing. I can't wait for this to come out!

2PP are the VICE of the gaming world only better.

Honestly, I think this is the best episode yet. It was just so evocative and real. Also, I couldn't be more hyped for the game (no pressure) ;)

Sign in to follow this