Sign in to follow this  
jasondesante

Black Lake runs in 3D

Hey I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this or if it was even intended, but I can play Black Lake in 3D on my big screen, and even recorded some videos of it! I posted a similar thread in the autonomous section so feel free to delete this if you want because I really don't want to spam vids from my youtube channel. I just wanted to show you something! :D

played through the whole thing in 3d

then I figured out how to upload the vids in a better quality, because I'm serious Black Lake looks REALLY REALLY GOOD in 3D, its kinda weird how much better it looks in my opinion. So I had to figure out how to get as high quality possible up there.

Looks so amazing!

Sweet! I don't think we have any 3D displays in the office, so we didn't get to try that but it sounds awesome... Maybe I'll give Black Lake a go on my father in law's 60 inch 3d OLED next time I visit!

Cool.. I have a 3D TV, but getting Steam on my PC to project to it would be kind of difficult. Also, my TV senses when 3D content is being sent. I didn't know you could force 3D on 2D content. Guess it's dependent on the technology. I use passive lenses for mine.

Cool.. I have a 3D TV, but getting Steam on my PC to project to it would be kind of difficult. Also, my TV senses when 3D content is being sent. I didn't know you could force 3D on 2D content. Guess it's dependent on the technology. I use passive lenses for mine.

my 3dtv is passive too. I got the 3dtv play software from nvidia, which is supposed to do all the 3dvision magic with any set. before I got 3dtv play I could still acknowledge the 3d resolutions of my 3d screen (got a 2d monitor and the 3dtv next to each other with the tower in the middle), but for some reason games had ghosting all the time even though they had depth. Then I get 3dtv play and everything seems to work. I don't know what they did, but thats some awesome software. With that on, I can have my 3dtv in 1080p in 2d doing whatever then when I boot up a game that lets me change the resolution in the game, all I need to do is set it to 720p, and it will magically work in 3d. Theres some text that shows up from nvidia that tells you what game you're playing and its "3d rating"...I don't know why but its a nice thing to let you know the 3dvision stuff is all working.

Anyways, black lake just says "unsupported" but still shows up when I boot the game. All I need to do is have the monitor in 720 before I boot it up since I can't change it in game, and then we're golden.

My 3dtv can do "2d to 3d conversion" and it works hilariously well on ps3 games that don't have 3d support, like SSX is a good example. Its not amazing, but still funny how it works.

Since I've played around with the 2d to 3d stuff on that screen with random shows (duck dynasty in 3D?!?!? haha) and tons of games, I can tell you without a doubt that Black Lake isn't the same level as that. It is way beyond. Don't know if in the background its a fancier version of 2d to 3d conversion, but yea...it boggles my mind. I think nvidia are sorcerers and they just figured out some magic that will place 2 cameras in the game or I don't know.

There are lots of games (that have 3d graphics or gameplay) that when booted don't have any depth and don't trigger the nvidia control panel to bring up the name of the game on a little pop up which seems to be coming from the actual game. Only some "unsupported" games just magically work in 3d. other games with 3d graphics or gameplay do nothing, even in a 3d resolution it will not show any form of depth.

I should actually record that to show what I mean by weird popup that says "unsupported" and shows the game name.

Sorry for all the text, but you asked for it! :P

Long story short...

Black Lake is meant to be played in 3D

SoCool!

Thanks for posting the play-through. I always thought Black Lake would rule on the 3DS, This is even better!

SoCool!

Thanks for posting the play-through. I always thought Black Lake would rule on the 3DS, This is even better!

You should absolutely work on getting some of your games out on the 3DS! I've though that Psychonauts would be a perfect fit since the 3DS came out, but the more the better. Stacking too would be awesome. I've heard that the 3DS is pretty indie friendly, and you'd think so from several of the download exclusives too.

I knew I recognized your name! I've been seeing you in GTA Online with the Giant Bomb squad.

Sign in to follow this