Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kallisti5

Catalyst glitches on Steam version

Just purchased The Cave, can't play the silly thing due to graphical color issues.

ArchLinux

Radeon HD 7970

Catalyst 13.4

Screenshot attached

And no, the window manager isn't corrupted as well... not sure why the screenshot showed that.

Hi,

Can you validate the integrity of the game cache on steam? And then open up the Catalyst Control center 3D application settings and be sure that you are not forcing any graphics options through that? (The should all be set to "Let the application decide"

Let us know if that helps.

Hi,

Can you validate the integrity of the game cache on steam? And then open up the Catalyst Control center 3D application settings and be sure that you are not forcing any graphics options through that? (The should all be set to "Let the application decide"

Let us know if that helps.

All catalyst settings at default (let application decide)

verified cache in steam

same issue. Other users are reporting the same issue in the steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221810/discussions/0/810923580551974724/

Oh Linux... I seemed to have missed that part. can you email your system specs and linux distribution info to support@doublefine.com

-Thanks!

I have the same issue with my PC. Infos you need are here:

Xubuntu 12.04, AMD Catalyst 13.4, HD5850, Q6660@2,4GHZ, 4 GB RAM

laurens@TuxGaming:~$ uname -a

Linux TuxGaming 3.5.0-28-generic #48~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 24 21:42:24 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I didn't have this problem with Catalyst 13.1. Anyhow, I'd still love you guys to increase the performance of the game. Eventhough I got a quite fast system (for Linux and it's games, not for Windows and Crysis 3) I don't get such a smooth gaming experience. Nowadays I believe it's not only AMD Catalyst related anymore that is to blame. Maybe you'd really need to get rid of the 30 FPS limit!

Currently out games have some issues with the 13.4 drivers. If you roll back to a previous version you should not see these problems. We have reached out to AMD to get it resolved as well.

Seems to work with Catalyst 13.3 - that's really a shame ATI! I'm thinking about getting a used 560 ti. It's not faster under Windows but in Linux the nVidia driver is ages better.

Sign in to follow this