Sign in to follow this  
gsm

What's your opinion on our new forum "Broken Age Backer" label?

Hard not to notice, but we all got a new label next to our profile. It's also a link to the backer update table of content

Oh, and DF and 2PP also have the same label, which is nice.

Personally, I like it, maybe I should get now a matching tattoo. :)

Hmm, i don't like it. Is there a way to disable it, like signatures?

I like it! It's subtle. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't see this thread.

Hmm, i don't like it. Is there a way to disable it, like signatures?

I just spent some time banging away in some databases and made an option to disable it--go to your member control panel, go to edit profile, and change the appropriate option to "No."

But can I ask what it is you don't like about it? Is it the specific style, or is it simply its presence at all?

@DF Chris Remo

Thanks, although i was more after a general display filtering option and not just for my posts.

I'm not sure what the benefit of the information is. Personally i already know that i backed the game. Then i'm not this interested if someone else backed as well, more as the backers forum (where most of the fun is, beside of the music thread ;O) is available to backers only. Once you read that someone is a backer, well, you know about it which makes the info kind of redundant.

I like what you did to the "non-forum archive of backer content" except that i would have kept it more flat without the glow in the topics and i would have used the opposite chronological order but with the orange shadow it makes the appearance of the avatar section more agitated to read, it doesn't look good and using a users avatar space for linking to that page doesn't feel right. Let's assume people will back more than one DF game, will they then end up with as many entries as well?

The better place for this might be if you click on someone's avatar instead, if people want to share this information on their profile page.

i personally would like it to be in the shape of the logo, with backer under it or next to it. it look a bit cheap now :(. anyways, its just a detail not worth bothering with.

@taumel

I don't know, it feels now that something is missing when I look at your post. Maybe it's better to give some options to customize the look, but I think you should turn it back on at least for a few days before deciding you don't like it.

I don’t like it aesthetically. Beyond that I only post in the backer forums and rarely even look at the normal forums, as such the extreme majority of all the posts I look at are made by backers, which makes the title meaningless.

If I was active on the normal forums it would have bothered me on another level, since is not a mere title but also a link to the newfangled backer update table of contents, which in turn is a link to where you can (pre) buy the game, and I don’t like being a walking billboard (which is also why my Backer T-shirt will always be in storage).

But anyway, good thing is optional, so I can go remove it after this post.

I don't mind it, but I think it would look better with a small logo next to the username like the special icons employees and moderators have at the Telltale Games forums. Like others have mentioned non backers seem to be in a very small minority around these forums, so the info seems a bit redundant anyway.

For a moment I thought I was a 'broken ace backer'

For a moment I thought I was a 'broken ace backer'

Wait, did the tattoo guy also make the same mistake?

Then i'm not this interested if someone else backed as well, more as the backers forum (where most of the fun is, beside of the music thread ;O)
I don't think you know what fun means. The backer forums are actually super boring. The other forums may be slower at times, but at least the conversations are more interesting.

Yeah, the backer forums are pretty uninteresting most of the time, except when people involved with DFA (ehm, Broken Age) or some of the more knowledgeable forum members post anything. I usually just skim through most of what's going on in here. Fan Art and Off Topic (except the music thread (@taumel: :=P)) are much more entertaining most of the time.

If you could extend this to the internets at large, that would be more useful. Here I'm just posting occasionally on the backer forums, where it doesn't matter, but elsewhere I'd love to have "Broken Age, Wasteland 2, Moebius, Project Fedora, Broken Sword, Project Eternity, Shadowgate, Torment backer" (with apologies to the multitude of other projects I backed) plastered wherever I post.

I will wear it like a badge of honor! (Even if I only ever mill about in the private lounge where everyone else is wearing one, too.)

Hadn't noticed before, but it's great!

"Broken Ace" sounds like an awesome name for a Crimson Skies sequel. I like it.

Nice! Maybe less text-shadow? It looks kind of blurry

If I was active on the normal forums it would have bothered me on another level, since is not a mere title but also a link to the newfangled backer update table of contents, which in turn is a link to where you can (pre) buy the game, and I don’t like being a walking billboard (which is also why my Backer T-shirt will always be in storage).

I absolutely agree with not wanting to be a walking billboard... unless I genuinely support the product enough to try to get people to take a look. So it is good that the label is optional.

I, however, have enough interest, confidence, and enthusiasm about Doublefine that I don't mind being another point of publicity for them. This is only true for a select handful of companies, which makes it more meaningful for the people who know me.

Nice font. I like that it's a link too.

I just spent some time banging away in some databases and made an option to disable it--go to your member control panel, go to edit profile, and change the appropriate option to "No."

Wow, that's dedication!

I like it. I have this amusing image in my head of DF having future Kickstarters and forum users having four of five '[iNSERT NAME] Backer' titles under their avatars.

Due to a database query issue with the forum software we use, these are broken right now. I'll be looking into the issue once I'm back in the office this week.

Sign in to follow this