Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarfy

Choach Oleander doesn't display on beginning of basic braining

I had a bug where the Face of Choach oleander doesn't show on the wall from the projector at the beginning of basic braining. It's not a big one or hinders any gameplay just thought i'd let you know. It's reproducable. I mean it does that every time i start the game.

I use steam linux on Fedora 18 if you want to know any more details just let me know :)

Yep. This is a know bug. We're posting an update in a couple hours that fixes a bunch of other Pnauts Mac/Linux bugs, and then hopefully another update today or tomorrow to fix this projection bug.

Yep. This is a know bug. We're posting an update in a couple hours that fixes a bunch of other Pnauts Mac/Linux bugs, and then hopefully another update today or tomorrow to fix this projection bug.

Awesome news. This bug has been posted in numerous threads here and on the Steam forums, so it's nice to finally see it fixed. Any news on cloud synch and achievements?

Awesome news. This bug has been posted in numerous threads here and on the Steam forums, so it's nice to finally see it fixed. Any news on cloud synch and achievements?

Achievements work (we verified earlier today), though you may have to re-earn them. Cloud sync should work, too, but we haven't tested cross-OS yet, and that can be tricky to make work, so I'd assume cross OS cloud sync does not work.

ah awsome :D thanks for the quick reply. And already a fix announced didn't expect it to be that fast :D

I'm still experiencing this bug as of this morning with the Steam Linux version

Thanks for the bug report. Looks like somehow the Linux version on Steam wasn't updated properly. We're in the process of fixing and testing that.

FYI, this is still a problem. Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit, Nvidia GT 630M (Optimus) 331.38 drivers using nvidia-prime to select the graphics chip. I'd rather you finish up Broken Age Act 2, Hack & Slash, and Costume Quest 2 first, but when you get some free time...

This bug is still (at least) in the linux version of Psychonauts at the Humble Store. Has this actually ever been fixed on other stores?

This bug is still (at least) in the linux version of Psychonauts at the Humble Store. Has this actually ever been fixed on other stores?

It doesn't work for me with the Humble Bundle version, which I assume is the same as the Humble Store one, but the Steam version works for me.

When was the Steam/Linux version last updated? The Humble one is dated 2013-05-07 for me.

I'm not sure. The last announcement of an update that I could find in the Steam forum for the game was dated February 2013, but I found mentions of the projector bug after that, so surely there must have been some update after that?

I'm not even sure who maintains the Linux port these days, but the latest patch I've found by Ryan Gordon was also dated May 7 2013. (If memory serves me, that patch did fix the projection bug in the Humble Bundle version for me back when I tried it.)

Oh, that page contains a patch from May 17 2013, which is more recent than the one from Humble (dated May 7 2013). I tried it and it does fix the projection bug! :D

Thanks very much. Now it would just be nice if the folks at DF had a chat with those from the Humble to make sure the version on the Store is the most up to date.

Sign in to follow this