Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThoughT

Gasp! Did I just get a notification for a DF Humble Bundle?!?!

I've just missed it then. Looking forward to the new features.

It's OK. One of the problems at the moment is that there's way too much stuff being thrown out there at once. It's really difficult to notice everything, let alone absorb it all.

I hadn't heard of D3 before, but it looks interesting. For the little visualizations I've done, I've mostly used flot, but it's fairly limited and gets verbose fast if you want to do anything that's not provided out of the box.

I'm most excited by being able to render stuff in SVG and animate transitions between views to help highlight relationships between data. It's way powerful, but is so magic that it makes Houdini look straight.

Vaguely on topic, it'll be interesting to see whether we see any second week changes to the Humble Double Fine Bundle. We're awfully close to the point at which bonus titles have traditionally been added to Humble Bundle promotions.

I (finally) became a backer of broken age through the humble bundle. I used the email that I already have registered here on this account though - I'm hoping the system works for this account. If not, who do I contact here about getting that sorted out?

It seems to have worked since you have the "Broken Age Backer" label under your avatar. Are you unable to see the backer forums? If so I'd suggest contacting DF Chris Remo about it.

Just as I predicted, but I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere. Awesome news regardless of my amazing psychic abilities. At least for those who don't already own them.

EDIT:

I figure the Amnesia Fortnight prototypes are the most likely candidates for bonus games, but they are Windows exclusives. I don't think they have much else that they have the rights to freely distribute themselves.

[...]

Come to think of it, the prototypes are all built on either Moai or the BL engine, so cross platform might be possible, but again I'd be very surprised.

And yeah, they are Windows exclusive, but it's understandable that they don't put porting efforts into prototypes.

The Amnesia Fortnight games have been added to the bundle!
*crosses fingers for The Cave being added later*

If that happens it would be ridiculously amazing. I don't know, The Cave came out just over 3 months ago. It seems too soon for that game to be in a bundle. But anything is possible, I guess.

I guess this didn't happen. :P

I think just about all of us have multiple copies of the games. Do it to show your support for Double Fine and Broken Age!

You can also buy it and send it to somebody as a gift.

If that happens it would be ridiculously amazing. I don't know, The Cave came out just over 3 months ago. It seems too soon for that game to be in a bundle. But anything is possible, I guess.

So far as I can tell, SEGA have publishing rights on it, so it'd be up to them rather than DF at this point.

So far as I can tell, SEGA have publishing rights on it, so it'd be up to them rather than DF at this point.

This is true. We share the publishing rights on Mac and Linux, but Sega has Windows (and consoles). All the games in the Humble Bundle have PC/Mac/Linux publishing rights controlled by us.

Digging up my PC netbook so I can get at them Amnesia Fortnight prototypes (Mac user).

Really can't tell you how happy I am that this exists.

Any chance Iron Brigade will be added to this later?

Any chance Iron Brigade will be added to this later?

Unfortunately, Microsoft has a tight grip on the Iron Brigade IP, so unless DF can get the IP/distribution rights back (and I really hope they manage to someday, so GFWL can be removed from the PC version, the notorious stutter bug can be fixed, and the world can rejoice), you won't be seeing Iron Brigade in any Humble Bundles.

Ideally you offer a game for all available platforms but if a game only is available for OS X and Linux (due to licence restrictions) wouldn't it make sense offering them at least for these platforms then (thinking of The Cave and Iron Brigade)?

I mean the Amnesia Fortnight content is only available for Windows as well.

It might make more sense holding them back due to other reasons but from a gamer's perspective being on one of the platforms where the rights are available it is a valid question.

Ideally you offer a game for all available platforms but if a game only is available for OS X and Linux (due to licence restrictions) wouldn't it make sense offering them at least for these platforms then (thinking of The Cave and Iron Brigade)

Well, Chris said they share the publishing rights for Mac and Linux, so right there they can't decide for themselves to include them.

Even if they owned the rights to those two platforms outright, not controlling the rights for the other might still prevent them from including the games (at the very least they wouldn't want to piss off their publishing partner).

Well, i can't comment on the subject as i don't know how the situation is but just to respond to your argumentation: If i share the rights to do something and if this "sharing" means that i can publish on specific platforms then i don't see how making usage of that right should annoy the publishing partner, otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense sharing rights at all.

It's also not only about this bundle but about offering the games for instance through this site as well.

So we won't know how much we as DF actually clear until after the bundle ends--and even then I think it takes several days for Humble to do a full audit.

Oh, I just spotted that this was being talked about. Do you guys have plans to publish that at all when the data becomes available?

Also, for anybody who's keen to peer a little deeper into the shape of this bundle's numbers, here are some per-hour stats (which are, sadly, missing the first 18 hours of data).

I bought several copies of BL (360) as the prices came down and used them as gifts - but I was seriously tempted to pick up BL on steam. I'm glad I waited, picked up the bundle today! I initially Planned to pay very close to the Broken age price, so I bumped it up (broken age access will now be a gift). What a fantastic deal for all this stuff!

This is true. We share the publishing rights on Mac and Linux, but Sega has Windows (and consoles). All the games in the Humble Bundle have PC/Mac/Linux publishing rights controlled by us.

Is this a permanent thing, or do they eventually revert back to full Double Fine control?

Second question, do the shirts come out of the total before splitting, or are they from DF or Humble Tip?

Is this a permanent thing, or do they eventually revert back to full Double Fine control?

I think that the nature of their agreement is that rights will revert to Double Fine if and when Sega stops selling it.

Also, holy crap this raised over a million dollars. I guess that solves Broken Age's budgetary crisis. Now they're going to take all year to make this game.

I've been working on a bit of Double Fine/Humble Bundle switcheroo fan art for this bundle, but it doesn't look like I'll have it finished in time. Here's a rough WIP for anybody who's interested ^_^

Sweet. You outta finish it, even if it's not by tomorrow.

I will! :D

I had originally intended to stream it, but I've been to busy to work on it for more than a few minutes here and there across the past week or so.

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know where i can see the amnesia videos?

The Stacking version of Eddie is awesome!

Thanks! Still not quite finished yet though - I want to put some rim lighting on there to match the Stacking cover image (I might spin the shape up into a mesh in Blender and render specular highlights and AO to something I can lay over the top of my vector image for a nicer effect). I managed to squeeze in some time to work some more on Wren and sketch up a Broken Age style Raz last night. Slowly slowly.

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone know where i can see the amnesia videos?

If you go to the Humble Double Fine Bundle specific download page (assuming you're using humblebundle.com/home, you'll find that link at the bottom of the page), you'll see them towards the top ^_^

Sign in to follow this