Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dgman

After watching the Humble Bundle Video...

I want to know what Tim said where they dubbed over "35 dollars"!

I chuckled at that bit of randomness!

First i thought, hmm this is kind of weird, then i watched it again and actually liked it.

Some entertaining moments: The general idea was good, the pattern/colours in the background, Tim Schafer looking somehow high/dazed/confused/? and misspeaking, the scene when the $35 came up, the flowing down juice on the outside, "So, i could pay 1million dollars?!", Levi Ryken not knowing how to drink in order to explain how to ..., the email-adress and how the money got split, the bass line at the end (although you could play this with more fun and wilder). I still think they should offer the recipes for each game and the bundle. Oh, and i couldn't understand what Levi Ryken was saying when he was sweating this much but i imagined the sweat dropping into the juice.

Oh, and i couldn't understand what Levi Ryken was saying when he was sweating this much but i imagined the sweat dropping into the juice.

You mean "I wish I could nest inside somebody"?

...Tim Schafer looking somehow high/dazed/confused/? and misspeaking...

I believe they were spoofing infomercials, and the bad speaking skills of the people hired to present them.

I believe they were spoofing infomercials, and the bad speaking skills of the people hired to present them.

Exactly.

I have no time and desire to watch TV. Except certain football games (no, not american) i haven't watched TV since years and i can't remember such shows when i still was, luckily i guess. I enjoy the illusion that he consumed a cookie which wasn't meant for him, accidentally, or maybe it was this special recipe.

I never understood why they insist on calling it football, when there's so little foot on ball action. It would be interesting to see some data on how many seconds of contact there is in total between a foot and a ball in a typical game. I can't imagine it being much.

By the way, I'm always slightly annoyed when PC is used as a synonym for a PC with a Windows OS. Besides Mac's strange peripherals, all three platforms are basically the same hardware wise now, and in the context of gaming they are clearly all personal computers. I know Steam does this too, and I'm forgiving, but I hope that in the future it will be Windows/Mac/Linux instead.

Never cared to investigate this but as far as i know they once both played only with their feet as well as sometimes picked up the ball. Then they differentiated the sports into football and rugby. American football emerged from rugby and so felt under the generic term football which they prefer to use as a shortcut for american football which also is misleading considering that the USA != the american continent. Correct me if i'm wrong. But maybe it was just a guy having some fun with an euphemism. ;O)

In the beginning there were a number of different personal computers from Apple, Commodore, RadioShack, IBM, ... but due to the huge success of Windows, the PC evolved as a synonym for Windows driven machines. I'm fine with using a Mac instead of a PC running OS X but games related it could be nice if PC would be equivalent to computers running Windows, OS X and Linux.

Sign in to follow this