• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
pygy

([0x0-0xe16e16].com.doublefine.stacking[70876]) Job failed to exec(3) for weird reason: 13

Me too. No new updates to install from Apple.

Probably not of any help, but I've also noticed that I can view all of the menu options flawlessly. Got through the credits too. lol

It's just that loading screen we all can't seem to get by.

Yes, I definitely have all the updates installed from Apple. I also can go through all the menu options but it crashes on the loading screen. The reason I bought the bundle was specifically for Stacking so this is frustrating. I appreciate your working on it!

WE just pushed new updates to Steam that *may* fix this issue. If all could retest stacking + Cq against the latest on Steam that'd be greate.

I don't use Steam so hopefully you'll push it through to the straight downloads also.

I don't use Steam so hopefully you'll push it through to the straight downloads also.

Those, unfortunately will take a little longer, but we are working on that.

Is there a way to play steam games offline? We have a stupid data cap on our service which is why I haven't used Steam.

I tried it on steam and I get the same bus crash. Did anyone else have success with it?

I downloaded it again, but on the first try it got stuck on the loading screen. Tried again and it crashed after a (longer than usual) bit of loading.

For the new patch version, I just deleted the local content of the game on Steam and then I reinstalled it by entering my HB Steam key. Are there any other steps that I should've done?

For me it is also crashing.

I added the complete crash report in a gist:

Crash Report on Gist

I would really love to play this game.

It was one reason to buy the HumbleBundle. :/

This bug should be fixed in the Steam versions. The HiB versions aren't updated yet, but I'll poke them again and try to get them updated tomorrow.

I deleted my local content and downloaded the Stream version again and it still crashed with the bus error

Has anyone gotten the "fixed" Steam version to work? If so, did you have to do anything special? I tried moving the app to the applications folder like one person said worked for him but it did not work for me.

Has anyone gotten the "fixed" Steam version to work? If so, did you have to do anything special? I tried moving the app to the applications folder like one person said worked for him but it did not work for me.

I posted something very similar. Some people seemed to have success after downloading it again. The newly updated Steam version did not work for me though. Seems like the patched HB and Steam versions still aren't working for those with 2011 MacBook Pros/Intel 3000HD graphics.

Is this problem being worked on? I bought the bundle specifically for Stacking.

Is this problem being worked on? I bought the bundle specifically for Stacking.

Yes it is. Right now, if fact. We can reproduce it locally, so we're trying to figure out what we're doing that's making this particular OS/driver so sad.

FYI that I've been working on this the past two days. I've now isolated it to a handful of lines in one shader that for some reason cause the Intel driver for HD 3000 to crash. I'm now trying to figure out why these lines are causing problems, and how to best work around the issue. Unfortunately, the shader in question is one of our most complex and takes quite a while to build, so it's slow going. I'm hopeful to have a fix by the end of the week.

FYI that I finally have a fix for this. I'm testing a bit more locally then I'll have our QA smoke it. It'll probably be live on Steam later today and then on HiB Friday or Monday.

Hello, I have the same unfortunate issue. Just wanted to thank you for you effort in trying to fix it. I wasn't sure if the fix had been made available on steam/HiB. When it is available, will there be a notice on Steam? Thanks again.

Hello, I have the same unfortunate issue. Just wanted to thank you for you effort in trying to fix it. I wasn't sure if the fix had been made available on steam/HiB. When it is available, will there be a notice on Steam? Thanks again.

It's hard to tell with Steam. I was just re-downloading it in the past to see if it had changed. Best thing to do is to keep an eye on the direct download from HB.com since it has a date. Or DF Nathan will let us know when they're up.

Sorry to be a broken record but is this being fixed? I looked at HB and Steam and they were not updated past the last one that we still could not get to work.

Just wanted to add my voice to this crowd - I have the macbook in question and can't play the humble bundle games. There was supposed to be a fix out last week - but I haven't heard anything since and don't see any motion on the files on steam. If it's gonna get fixed - great - if not, I would like to get a refund processed.

We are trying to get an update out as soon as possible. We had some patches ready but they didn't make it through QA so we went back and fixed those issues. So they should be ready to go this week.

Hi all, we have pushed the updates so please makes sure you update to the latest version.

Was this only for the steam version because the humble bundle version still has the wrong date.

Just tried out the new Steam version. I got a little scared at the loading menu, but so far it's a success! Can't wait to play it. Thank you to everyone at DF. :)

Well Done to the Doublefine team for getting this fixed so quickly, I've played for hours this weekend on my MBP with no issues.

Being a developer myself I know how hard it is to get this sort of thing fixed quickly without causing new problems so again great work on the speed of getting this sorted.