• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
JustLie

Costume Quest Crashing [MAC]

The version on the Humble Bundle site doesn't seem to have updated yet, I'm guessing somebody there needs to upload it.

For people wondering if it's there yet, the site provides an MD5 for the downloads (use the link that says MD5 for that download). At the moment I'm seeing the old checksum.

For Costume Quest before this new update the MD5 is:

208a877c9ba12933

8eeed47753025646

If you see something else the file's been updated, if not then it isn't there yet and downloading it probably won't do you much good!

Hi DinoCap, are you playing the steam version? Can you verify that you have the latest and then verify the steam cache files?

Yeah I am, I just re-downloaded CQ so I'm sure I have the latest version and the files were successfully validated.

Yeah I am, I just re-downloaded CQ so I'm sure I have the latest version and the files were successfully validated.

Can you post your system specs here? Are you also running 10.7.5 on system with an HD 3000 GPU?

I'm still not able to get past the first load screen.

Same problem here. Steam, uninstalled and redownloaded, quit and restarted steam, uninstalled and redownloaded, downloaded a fresh coy of steam - same bug. Dies on initial load screen. I emailed the error dump to your support email address, though if you want more of them, they're easy to generate.

Same problem with me. I'm running 10.7.5. Macbook pro Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics.

Have the non-Steam files been updated or not? I can't run Steam and I don't want to waste my time downloading if nothing's changed.

Hi all, I apologize for the recent lack of reply to this thread. I will see what I can do tomorrow as far as a repro. As Nathan mentioned earlier we will have to downgrade a mac to that OSX version. For the people running into this issue are you all on 10.7.5 correct?

Hi guys, I am talking with the engineers today. But we have a macbook in house now that has 10.7.5 installed so we hope to have a repro as soon as possible. I will keep you updated.

Hi, I am having the _exact_ same issue as the OP. I've tried with the HiB version (downloaded it today), and the Steam version (also downloaded today).

Crash Report

My Specs:

- Mac Book Pro 13-inch, Late 2011

- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

- Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

- Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

- Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Let me know if you need any other info.

Im super looking forward to playing this game xD!

Sorry guys, we have the issue appearing on our macbook and we are actively working to fix it. We hope to have a fix for this very soon.

Hi, I am having the _exact_ same issue as the OP. I've tried with the HiB version (downloaded it today), and the Steam version (also downloaded today).

Crash Report

My Specs:

- Mac Book Pro 13-inch, Late 2011

- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

- Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

- Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

- Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Let me know if you need any other info.

Im super looking forward to playing this game xD!

Betafrogg, you should update to the latest point release for Mountain Lion. The bug you're having should have been fixed in 10.8.3 (and hopefully still fixed in 10.8.4).

Betafrogg, you should update to the latest point release for Mountain Lion. The bug you're having should have been fixed in 10.8.3 (and hopefully still fixed in 10.8.4).

Duuuude! Im excited. Did you update both Steam and HiB?

EDIT: Wait, I haven't had coffee yet... _I'm_ going to update.

EDIT: Hours later, I can report it works! Thank you ^_^

Duuuude! Im excited. Did you update both Steam and HiB?

EDIT: Wait, I haven't had coffee yet... _I'm_ going to update.

EDIT: Hours later, I can report it works! Thank you ^_^

No prob!

For folks w/ HD 3000 on 10.7.5, we're still grinding through this. Dan or I will post more here if/when I find a good solution.