Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Help Us Help Broken Age

Quick question, I recorded my video but the lightning was garbage because it was at night. Could I re-record it and upload it tomorrow or will my entry be dis considered?

Thanks for being awesome guys and girls!

Quick question, I recorded my video but the lightning was garbage because it was at night. Could I re-record it and upload it tomorrow or will my entry be dis considered?

Thanks for being awesome guys and girls!

To add to that, my own video was pretty rushed and the quality is pretty miserable and I wouldn't mind doing a brief followup video, even if it's too late for 2PP to use it. I hope this is cool with y'all.

Oh man. Awesome videos you all! Thank so much for making them. It's so great to be able to see so many of you in person. You're all coming to life and jumping out of the forums and into my eyes. I mean, heart!

PS Thanks for backing! :)

The least I could do to thank you for masterpieces like Grim Fandango and all the endless wonder and enjoyment I experienced throughout my otherwise-crummy preteen years is to slip you a clean hundred and make a stupid webcam video for you.

Now we're even.

A neighbour mowing their lawn interrupted recording, but I managed to piece together this (with help from Mim ^_^ ) silliness!

74vQ_uQSyv0

Very proud to be sharing Broken Age with 90,000 friends and the super awesome people at Double Fine <3

This was my reason to back the project.

You win.

A neighbour mowing their lawn interrupted recording, but I managed to piece together this (with help from Mim ^_^ ) silliness!

74vQ_uQSyv0

Very proud to be sharing Broken Age with 90,000 friends and the super awesome people at Double Fine <3

:D

Cheeseness speaks!

74vQ_uQSyv0

:D

Cheeseness speaks!

And jumps. And makes a kissyface.

Xj03NJvJ4z0

Finally! Here's something (hopefully) watchable. I hope I'm not too late :P

Be wary of strong accent, backer tshirt and cheesiness (not Cheeseness) inside. Proceed at your own risk.

I'm going to submit something late... whether it's too late or not, that's okay.

I had a missing cat to find and finally found him yesterday... so I had to put off the video effort.

Massive Chalice and a lost cat recovered, the universe is smiling upon me a bit, so I'll attempt to slip in a late video.

I've connected with so many people at Double Fine, including Tim Schafer. It's impossible for me to tell it all in a video.

------------------------------------------------------

Update: Here's my video (...it kinda sucks, I admit it).

_DP5j_r4WvQ

I've also kept a little archive of my journey with DFA here (includes a great pancake recipe):

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=2017179

Better yet, I saved some Tweets... like the time I stayed up all night and Tim Schafer and I shared the moment when DFA hit $2Million:

Tim Schafer @TimOfLegend replied to you:

TimOfLegend Tim Schafer

@MaryKateClark @kickstarter It's killing me! :)

Feb 20, 12:00 AM via web

In reply to…

MaryKateClark Marykate Clark

@TimOfLegend $1.99M =-) !! @kickstarter

Feb 19, 11:51 PM via web

---------------------------------------------------------

And the time he answered a burning question for me:

Tim Schafer @TimOfLegend replied to you:

TimOfLegend Tim Schafer

@MaryKateClark Maybe it would be, for a lesser man. But not for me!

Mar 10, 4:47 PM via Twitter for iPhone

In reply to…

MaryKateClark Marykate Clark

@TimOfLegend Is it hard to be humble?

Mar 10, 4:41 PM via web

And the time he answered my pancake question on Reddit:

Tim Schafer (in Reddit) said:

"...The question was do I like pancakes, and the answer is yes! But mostly the flat, Scandinavian style pancakes. The puffy, cakey ones that soak up the syrup are kind of gross after a while. But Norwegian or Swedish pancakes with lingonberries? Holy pancakes those are good." (03/05/12)

----------------------------------------------------------

My 2HB Mania fan art fun:

http://imgur.com/a/ychhp

----------------------------------------------------------

ALSO, there was the EPIC and AWESOME surprise package I got from Lee Petty.

And the EPIC signed Brutal Legend that I ordered... which was signed by ...like... everybody. <3

(I can show those off in the video.)

I still keep in touch with Twitter all the time with friends at DF. And I've met many excellent fellow fans and backers, too!

For anybody who's feeling like they're too late with their video, this tweet from @DoubleFine might offer some hope

not too late!

Edit: I just finished watching through everybody's videos! It's been awesome to see you all ^_^

I wish I'd focused a bit more on how exciting and inspiring the community atmosphere is, and how much of a potential "gamechanger" this project can be for the the gaming industry's attitude towards adventure games. It's great that those bases have been covered well and eloquently by the rest of you! :D

May I suggest we all disclose name and location, in case 2PP wants to use the information in the final product.

I'll start: Luis from Sydney, Australia.

Our life is a big adventure... and we learn English from adventure games. So, since we just had a flood today in the Czech Republic, we thought it was a great moment to become pirates for a while and send our supporter video!

Apologies for the late post but when the basement's all flooded it takes somewhat longer to get to YouTube...

Flood.png

Flood.png.dcb58a1f1c8a6a1dddfbb9901593d8

May I suggest we all disclose name and location, in case 2PP wants to use the information in the final product.

I'll start: Luis from Sydney, Australia.

I'd imagine that contacting us directly via our forum accounts would be 2PP's best option.

Nice to see a some fellow Aussies in the thread. Hoping to bump into all of you at the PAX meetup in July :D

Those are some really cool videos here!

I was a little late starting mine and then I couldn't sort out technical problems with my camera in time. I tried to make use of the time difference between California and Germany, but in the end, I didn't think I could get it in in time. Plus, I didn't want to look like the Sith Lord in the video and avoiding that would have meant improving lighting quite a bit. ;-)

I think there's plenty material to use either way though and I guess my video would have been more of a thank you video than a real explanation of why I backed anyway.

Your hair is AWESOME!

Thanks John! And it is great to see everyone. Sad that I live just too damn far to attend any of those convention to meet up with any of you guys. :(

Alright, friends. I am sitting down to edit this beast now. If you latecomers posted a video link before this post, you made it! If not, sorry but them's the breaks (literally, in this case...or is it this is the singular break...?).

Thanks to everyone that contributed! This video can only take up so much of the time DF has been allotted to present during this event so it will be a challenge to fit every single entry into the short runtime. If you don't make the cut, please don't take it personally! Sometime down the road, I may put together a longer cut for everyone's enjoyment, but no promises (yet).

Anyway, away we go.

Alright, friends. I am sitting down to edit this beast now. If you latecomers posted a video link before this post, you made it! If not, sorry but them's the breaks (literally, in this case...or is it this is the singular break...?).

Thanks to everyone that contributed! This video can only take up so much of the time DF has been allotted to present during this event so it will be a challenge to fit every single entry into the short runtime. If you don't make the cut, please don't take it personally! Sometime down the road, I may put together a longer cut for everyone's enjoyment, but no promises (yet).

Anyway, away we go.

Hope I made it in!

Thank you so much for all your work during this project.

Quick question if anyone knows, will the backers see the video before its debut at E3?

Alright, friends. I am sitting down to edit this beast now.

Good luck! :D

Quick question if anyone knows, will the backers see the video before its debut at E3?

I don't think so. It would be better when we all saw the video with everyone.

Unfortunately, I don't know all the details about the release strategy. Sounds like Greg/Chris territory!

Unfortunately, I don't know all the details about the release strategy. Sounds like Greg/Chris territory!

Alrighty.

About the editing: according to my totally accurate calculations, the "raw" video was 165 minutes long.

THAT is a beast. How can you strip it down to a 5 minute video ( or whatever the length you need is ) ?

I'm thinking mad editing skills.

Alrighty.

About the editing: according to my totally accurate calculations, the "raw" video was 165 minutes long.

THAT is a beast. How can you strip it down to a 5 minute video ( or whatever the length you need is ) ?

I'm thinking mad editing skills.

Hahaha, yeah. I was already assuming that we'd all be reduced to soundbites so I said "To hell with brevity!", and in the process probably made a mortal enemy of the poor soul who has to edit this stuff. xD

In *cough* gratuitous crosspost fashion, for anybody who's still keen on sharing/enjoying their/other fans' super attractive faces, there's a thread over here where people are sharing big, Brad-style grins to show support for Massive Chalice.

You're the king of cross posting, Cheese. Good suggestion though. I figure these guys can't be shy about posting their happy faces over in that thread.

Slightly less gratuitous cross posting: In case anybody's living under a rock, the video can be previewed here ^_^

Slightly less gratuitous cross posting: In case anybody's living under a rock, the video can be previewed here ^_^

The video turned out great. I've got a big dumb smile on my face right now.

The first time I watched I thought I (we) didn't make it in the video at all (turns out we did, in the "90.000 friends" bit) , but I was still happy and quite moved. It sums up my feelings towards the game and the documentary.

Also, in the last few days I started chatting with an indie developer here in Italy and I may soon join their ranks as a gameplay programmer.

I mean.

God.

To help defuse this situation, I made this dreadful video using the magic of copypasta:

It features my roommate Edoardo falling like a pro. Again. And again.

Also, the original tune is from this video :

Big hugs to everyone :)

omg did someone really say Schafer is small where it counts? hur hur hur

Hey guys thanks again for helping with this. It turned out greaaaat! Remember to flip your videos live now if you can. YAY!!

Sign in to follow this