Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Who

My city made it to the national news. (I-5 Bridge collapse)

I just made it home an hour. Traffic is a bit busier now since everyone on I-5 has to go through the city. Right now people are just driving or walking to see the destruction.

Good news. No one died. Just three non-serious injuries.

130522_bridge_collapse_6a.jpg

130523_bridge_collapse_ra_9639.jpg

130522_bridge_collapse_g_9.jpg

This is what being reporting about the bridge.

"The bridge was built in 1955 and has a sufficiency rating of 57.4 out of 100, according to federal records. That is well below the statewide average rating of 80, according to an Associated Press analysis of federal data, but 759 bridges in the state have a lower sufficiency score.

According to a 2012 Skagit County Public Works Department, 42 of the county's 108 bridges that are 50 years or older. The document says eight of the bridges are more than 70 years old and two are over 80.

Washington state was given a C in the American Society of Civil Engineers' 2013 infrastructure report card and a C- when it came to the state's bridges. The group said more than a quarter of Washington's 7,840 bridges are considered structurally deficient of functionally obsolete."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Cars-bodies-in-Skagit-River-after-I-5-Bridge-collapse--208760201.html

I just hope Washingtonians think again but lowing taxes or saying no to fund roads.

250448_10151707548502845_1115641505_n.jpg

Yikes! Glad to hear no one was seriously injured. You would think that after the 1940's Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse, the standards for bridges would have improved.

A lot of things in this country seriously need to be restructured. This is pretty nuts. I always thought you were from the UK though with your username and whatnot.

A lot of things in this country seriously need to be restructured. This is pretty nuts. I always thought you were from the UK though with your username and whatnot.

Not just a yank. I assume your are not from the Hynerian Empire.

Pfft! Your city is such a n00b! My city made it into world history.

schwurgerichtssaal_01_1221edd452.jpg

Parade+des+Reichsarbeitsdienstes+auf+dem+Zeppelin-Feld+in+N%C3%BCrnberg%2C+7.9.1938+%28Bild+AP+Archiv%29.jpg

Funny thing is: When you stand there and remember the picture you think "i thought's it's bigger"

Not just a yank. I assume your are not from the Hynerian Empire.

Motherfreller! You know Farscape too!? I had a feeling you were a cool guy.

Fun Fact: I made this my Facebook profile picture and some girl I hadn't talked to since middle school was surprised I knew Farscape. She was the hottest girl in my class too, and she's still pretty hot. I'd ask her out, but I'm in no financial position for a girlfriend.

Who needs money? Intercourse is basically a low cost activity or costs nothing at all, though i would invest in some lubbers. Either she insists you use one, or she doesn't, and in that case you defiantly want to use them. If she doesn't insist with you, she probably didn't insist with anyone else either. *brrr* I know, usually people are mature enough to know, but you just can't say it often enough.

Stay away, bro. I'd run for the hills as quick as i can. Better men made themselves miserable that way.

Sign in to follow this