• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Sam & Max: Situation: Comedy

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Sam & Max: Situation: Comedy (starting 1st of June)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Gravity Bone and Thirty Flights of Loving

Next Game: Another World

pWcEVR7.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 1st June, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Stream 1) and general discussion plus dev chat with Daniel Herrera (log)

- 8th June, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and general discussion plus dev chat with Daniel Herrera (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS

- Daniel Herrera (@Drublic_Punkin)

ABOUT THE GAME

Talk show host Myra Stump has gone berzerk! Sam & Max head down to the WARP TV studio to find out why she's holding her audience hostage. But getting onto Myra's stage isn't going to be easy. First the Freelance Police will have to prove they're worthy of fifteen minutes of fame.

Situation: Comedy is the second episode of Telltale’s first season of Sam & Max games, Sam & Max Save The World.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Telltale Store (Windows, full season)

- GOG (Windows, full season, special edition features)

- Steam (Windows, full season)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

I didn't even notice this thread.

Should be fun to revisit this game. I haven't played it since it came out, but I remember really liking the tv studio location. There's a very sparse number of locations in these first seasons, but I think Telltale mostly has done a good job at compensating for this by making the few rooms they do have very interesting throughout their games.

Will Jake and Shaun be coming back for this session?

Cheeseness has been working on trying to get someone from Telltale to join us for this session, but they're in crunch time for both E3 and that Fables game, so they might be too busy this time around.

Cheeseness has been working on trying to get someone from Telltale to join us for this session, but they're in crunch time for both E3 and that Fables game, so they might be too busy this time around.

Yeah, it's looking unlikely - not that that's bad. It'll be nice to have some discussion that focuses on the games rather than barraging a dev with questions :D

I'm looking forward to working through this episode. I think I've only played Telltale's Sam & Max stuff through twice (and it's been a while), so they're still fairly fresh. I had heaps of fun doing Culture Shock (in spite of what Jake was saying, I still think it's a great game with a great feel ^_^ )

I remember going through a sort of Sam and Max binge around this time last year, playing through the first two seasons over the course of two weeks. I started playing Season 3 round that time, but there's only so much adventure game logic you can take in a given amount of time.

It's still a testament to the series that it's as enthralling as it is. I feel that adventure games that go for humor (LucasArts stuff) end up being much more worthwhile than adventure games that go for drama (Non Leisure Suit Larry and later Space Quest Sierra games). The design structure of adventure games, which ends up involving some idiot meandering around a room rubbing his big meaty inventory all over the NPCs, is just hard to take seriously. So it's often best to just not take it seriously at all(or pull a TellTale with The Walking Dead and do something completely different).

But yeah, I just found out about this Game Club and I like the idea. It'd be an excuse to replay Sam and Max and reevaluate what I think of the game.

But yeah, I just found out about this Game Club and I like the idea. It'd be an excuse to replay Sam and Max and reevaluate what I think of the game.

Fantastic, and welcome! :D

Also, it looks like we might have a last minute special guest for this session! More details soon :)

We'll be live in a few minutes! Come join us!

Thanks everybody for a great session, and huge thanks to Telltale's cinematic artist Daniel Herrera for joining us at such short notice! Daniel has said he'll try to make it next week, so let's do our best to make him feel welcome! :)

The chat log and stream archive are up in the first post. Looking forward to next week's session!

Thanks everybody for a great session, and huge thanks to Telltale's cinematic artist Daniel Herrera for joining us at such short notice! Daniel has said he'll try to make it next week, so let's do our best to make him feel welcome! :)

The chat log and stream archive are up in the first post. Looking forward to next week's session!

I'm sure the next session will be even crazier than this one was!

I definitely hope so, so long as it's in a positive way :D

Fingers crossed! :3

The chat log and stream archive are up in the first post.

Those both link to the stream archive!

Oh, whoops! All fixed!

Fingers crossed! :3

Yay!

I'm actually up and the internet seems to be working alright (bloody shared internet).. I'll see you guys later!

I'm actually up and the internet seems to be working alright (bloody shared internet).. I'll see you guys later!

Was good to see you there! Thanks for coming :D

Chat log and stream archive from today's session are up. Super huge thanks to Daniel Herrera for joining us again to share his memories of working on the game.

Next week we'll be playing through one of my favourite games, Another World.

It's been really nice to revisit these early Sam & Max episodes. As I mentioned during the discussion, I can't play them without remembering the excitement and enthusiasm that the community had about Telltale's growth, the revival of Sam & Max, and how impressed I was by these titles (that later stuff was even better doesn't mean that these ones are in any way bad).

Anybody keen to do a rating thingy for this one? It'd be great to see more of them :D