Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cecil

Double Fine are announcing something new tomorrow

I find it awesome, but not necessarily fresh. was only speaking based on my perception. You can think whatever you want. :P

Yeah, I agree that this sounds awesome, and I haven't been very interested in strategy games for years. It sounds crazy immersive and I'm very excited about how they will go about fitting these elements together. I hope they'll give all the various gameplay elements enough attention that neither will seem tacked on. Like there's actually some negotiating and finesse required to secure a marriage and that research and forging is fleshed out enough that it's something that will be interesting to spend some time on.

This game feels like it might be a game that could potentially be a huge hit and secure Double Fine financially. The pledges are a bit more costly this time around, but I think that's probably for the best, and looking back DFA was a bit on the cheap side compared to most Kickstarters I've backed since.

Massive Chalice and Armikrog both end their campaigns on the same day. Ouch, that hit me right in the wallet.

As awesome as this sounds, am I the only one who feel like DF might have a bit too much on their plate this time? I'm not saying this is not a great concept (actually I've been waiting for this since I first grew tied of the Sims, lol) but I'm a tad worried if DF will continue to rely on kickstarters and start new projects before finishing the ones already in progress. Not only the prototypes and broken age, but now also massive chalice? I know that DF have never failed to deliver, but I can't help but wonder if people are going to continue to support a series of games without having seen the last thing they contributed too.

As awesome as this sounds, am I the only one who feel like DF might have a bit too much on their plate this time? I'm not saying this is not a great concept (actually I've been waiting for this since I first grew tied of the Sims, lol) but I'm a tad worried if DF will continue to rely on kickstarters and start new projects before finishing the ones already in progress. Not only the prototypes and broken age, but now also massive chalice? I know that DF have never failed to deliver, but I can't help but wonder if people are going to continue to support a series of games without having seen the last thing they contributed too.

They explain this on the kickstarter page, they are a multi team and project company. The kickstarter money isn't enough to keep every developer at Double Fine payed, so they need to have several project going at once, or downsize.

Sign in to follow this