Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Brad

WELCOME!

Hey everyone! Welcome to the official MASSIVE CHALICE forum! :D!

I'm super excited to launch this project on Kickstarter and work directly with you guys to make an awesome Tactical Fantasy game!

Here's the Kickstarter link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fines-massive-chalice

Our launch day has been pretty crazy already but I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas about the game! Thanks for stopping by! :D!

Love,

Brad!

I've already backed it! I'M SO EXCITED!

I say that everyone puts on their best :D! face today in support of Brad Muir and MASSIVE CHALICE!

Wish you all the luck! :D Do not doubt the fact of funding. It is just a matter of how fast it is going to happen and how much would the total be!

Hey Brad! This is awesome!

I already backed, but I have a super important question: Will Murderface be in the game?

Edit: My bad. Forgot to throw in a :D!

Hi Brad! I haven't backed yet, although I definitely plan to soon. :D

Just one question though: How itchy was that beard? It looked INCREDIBLY itchy, to be honest.

Massive Chalice is sounding awesome Brad, now we need more Awesomness to go with it.

Hey Brad! Two things:

#1: Totally pumped about this! You and your team are going to do awesome work!

#2: I am not in the habit of begging cool people with awesome ideas to listen to me when they already have a scenario in mind, HOWEVER, would you please consider including at least one female hero option? I am a lady who likes to play with the ladies. And while that sounds totally kinky, I think you know what I mean. I think you'd agree it is possible to have mad super skillz as well as vaginas.

Thanks!

PS. again, totally excited for this.

I'm pretty sure that it has already been said that heroes would be both male and female. Can not not use colondee when posting in this thread! :D

wFOFwyO.png

Hey Brad! Two things:

#2: I am not in the habit of begging cool people with awesome ideas to listen to me when they already have a scenario in mind, HOWEVER, would you please consider including at least one female hero option? I am a lady who likes to play with the ladies. And while that sounds totally kinky, I think you know what I mean. I think you'd agree it is possible to have mad super skillz as well as vaginas.

What I'm wondering is if your king/queen has an avatar in the game and if you can customize it cosmetically. I also wonder if there is any cosmetic customization for your warriors, like in XCom: Enemy Unknown.

Hey Brad! Two things:

#1: Totally pumped about this! You and your team are going to do awesome work!

Thanks!

PS. again, totally excited for this.

We're definitely planning on both male and female heroes! Also, you'll be able to set either gender up as the head of a Bloodline.

I'm pretty sure that it has already been said that heroes would be both male and female. Can not not use colondee when posting in this thread! :D

wFOFwyO.png

You're totally right! oops! I just watched the video without reading more and got excited! I knew there would be Queens as well as Kings, but I wasn't sure about the hero roles. Thanks for making lady heroes! Woooo!

Brad, as a backer, I demand that you include dinosaurs in this game. But make sure they ride unicycles. Otherwise, it would just be lame.

Hm where to start?

Well I opened my mails today and what did I see?

A NEW DOUBLE FINE KICKSTARTER?

"Ok", I said to myself: "Don't panic. Just open the link and see what awaits you...."

The totally awesomeness struck in my face twice:

- a tactical strategy PC game

AND

- an epic fantasy timeline

Two factors which will make things happen. And I mean that in a really good way ^^

I'm super excited about the game coming together and I will certainly get some friends of mine to back too.

Yadda, yadda, and so on, best of luck and all support I can give you on your EPIC Journey for another great game.

Brad, as a backer, I demand that you include dinosaurs in this game. But make sure they ride unicycles. Otherwise, it would just be lame.

They'd have to be arcane multi-generational unicycle relics!

Aww, no Brazen :/

Still MASSIVE :D! for the chalice

Looking forward to see you getting Kazuo Hirai hosting the release announcement!

Any chance at showing some (prototype) gameplay?

Would love to see this thing in all it's turn based glory.

PS. Congrats! Really looking forward to the game. :-)

:D

Everything about the concept of this game is really interesting to me. It combines some of my favorite kinds of games and puts them into a nice Brad-lead Double Fine package. Couldn't get much better.

Can't wait to see my bloodline in the game.

Damn it, Double Fine. Now you've made me have to find a way to get money on my card. And $100 for my own bloodline? DAMN YOU.

I'm actually not really a fan of this genre of game, but the concept is so interesting, that I'm willing to give it a chance...

Mikree, I was wondering the same thing, actually. I'd love to have a bloodline filled with female warriors. :)

Hey Brad! I am so excited for MASSIVE CHALICE! (will never type it without all caps, just not possible, its too MASSIVE!)

Been having a blast after backing Broken Age, but this time I want to do MORE!

My goal as a backer is to collect $100 this month; House Yocca or Bust!

(Though if I get enough for the t-shirt and poster as well that would also be sweet!)

Damn it, Double Fine. Now you've made me have to find a way to get money on my card. And $100 for my own bloodline? DAMN YOU.

I'm actually not really a fan of this genre of game, but the concept is so interesting, that I'm willing to give it a chance...

Mikree, I was wondering the same thing, actually. I'd love to have a bloodline filled with female warriors. :)

You can't control whether new babies turn out male or female--that's just a random roll. But your main avatar can be a lady and you can totally put more attention into your female heroes and have them be your rad heads of bloodlines. Cuz why not! The game isn't biased one way or the other.

All babies in the game must be bearded, even the little girls. Just put a bow in their hair so we know it's a girl. They can lose the beard at puberty.

You can't control whether new babies turn out male or female--that's just a random roll. But your main avatar can be a lady and you can totally put more attention into your female heroes and have them be your rad heads of bloodlines. Cuz why not! The game isn't biased one way or the other.

I dig that! Quality video game females have been on my mind of late (especially with all the feminist frequency stuff going on). It feels nice to be represented fairly. I like being the hero rather than the damsel. :)

How much customization do you have over your main avatar besides gender? physical Appearance? More?

How much customization do you have over your main avatar besides gender? physical Appearance? More?

It's too early to nail down customization specifics, since it greatly impacts what kind and the amount of art and design assets needed. BUT! Customization is a goal and we want you to feel connected to your heroes, so we'll do as much as possible as long as it fits our schedule and doesn't impede gameplay!

From Twitter:

"but the coolest idea is that you can arrange a marriage between two heroes and then their children will inherit skills from both!"

— Brad Muir (@MrMooEar) May 30, 2013

Interesting!

This is perhaps a minor point, but with the focus on bloodlines it's hard to see how there could be any same sex relationships in the game, which is a shame because I always love it when that's an option to play around with, like in The Sims or Fable or (eventually) Mass Effect. But man, if there was some way to acknowledge 'em that worked with the core gameplay then I'd sure appreciate seeing it.

This male or female thing made me thinking: Male or female, it's not all this random. Depending on the species nature tends to prefer a specific gender according to when times are rough or more relaxed. Some species can select the gender directly, others are influenced by the environmental conditions (like temperature or how much food is available), according to several research projects humans (males with the XY chromosome) tend to produce one or the other according due to their genetic material. So, rolling a 50:50 dice isn't this accurate.

Good luck with the Kickstarter, Brad!!!

I'm much too broke to pledge now but if I get the job I interviewed for this week, then maybe I'll slacker-back it later.

p.s. Looper sucked.

Sign in to follow this