Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thefro

Console ports?

This is the type of game I'd want to play on my couch instead of in front of a computer screen. I don't have a Wii U yet (probably will by the time this is released), but this game would be great with the tablet screen. Right now I have a PS3 and I'd probably rather this game on that over a PC version.

Of course, depending on the tech used, this game would be great for the 3DS/Vita as well, but we know you have the engine running on Wii U/360/PS3 already.

Basically don't sell the rights to the console port to Ouya this time :)

We didn't sell any rights to anyone! Having something on Ouya doesn't prevent us from putting anything anywhere else.

Traditional consoles are trickier though. They come along with a lot of stringent publishing requirements that are generally much better navigated with a traditional publishing partner, which we're deliberately not doing with this game. For now we're committed to making the best PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) game we can. We're not ruling anything out down the line, of course!

We didn't sell any rights to anyone! Having something on Ouya doesn't prevent us from putting anything anywhere else.

Traditional consoles are trickier though. They come along with a lot of stringent publishing requirements that are generally much better navigated with a traditional publishing partner, which we're deliberately not doing with this game. For now we're committed to making the best PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) game we can. We're not ruling anything out down the line, of course!

Good to hear you guys arent ruling anything out. This game sounds like it would be a perfect fit for a tablet. I'd love to play a game like this on my iPad.

Glad to hear that. As far as the traditional consoles go, allegedly both Sony & Nintendo have made it a lot easier to self-publish for PS4/Wii U then it was on their past systems, so I think that's something worth looking into.

Remo crushed this you guys! :D!

P.S. I would also love to see this game on an iPad (as well as EVERYWHERE ELSE) down the line. I think the new XCOM is being ported to iPad reallllly soon. Can't wait to check that out! :D!

Just want to throw my hat in as well on the want of a console port, specifically the PS4 given its indie self publishing friendliness. I would love to play this on my next-gen machine and have the ability to remote play on a Vita! ^_^

Remo crushed this you guys! :D!

P.S. I would also love to see this game on an iPad (as well as EVERYWHERE ELSE) down the line. I think the new XCOM is being ported to iPad reallllly soon. Can't wait to check that out! :D!

PC, PS4, Android. I want it all!

So haven't had a chance to listen to all the updates, but have they mentioned anything about possible console ports yet? Just really wanting to see a PS4 version before I pledge $100. =P

When the time comes, I'd like to have MC ported and implanted into my neural matrix so I can all day without anyone knowing (until my performance drops and my social life erodes).

Smiles

Sign in to follow this