• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
BillBrasky

So I watched the new Kickstarter video...

It's pretty awesome, but that mention of Brazen, in that context, makes me think that we're probably never going to see it. Anyone else have an opinion?

I had the same opinion. I suppose that we can't assume anything about which games associated with Amnesia Fortnight get made. Brazen just seemed to pop out of left-field and seemed so popular that I thought it was a no-brainer, but I guess it isn't.

Still, Massive Chalice seems to share some DNA with Brazen, so maybe this is an evolution / extension / reimagining of that concept?

Yeah, I had just really hoped that if they did another kickstarter it would be Brazen. I think the community would really support a game like that, especially since that gameplay niche is woefully underrepresented on the PC.

just thinking aloud, but what if certain members of the community that like the idea would work on it, slightly modding and changing the game, making it grow over time. Would that even be possible? to see at least one update or change to Brazen to see what else that game could bring...even if it was done by fans. Wouldn't it encourage more to be interested in the game, watching it change with mods and possible user generated updates. anyways I'll continue to play Brazen every once in a while when I want to Beerzerk or shoot some axes with a bow! :D

That's an interesting idea, but I have no idea how mod-able that engine is. I would almost think, if it were going to be a community project, that people would be better off going with an engine that has been proven to be extensively mod-able, like the Mount&Blade; engine, or source, something like that, where there's already an incredible amount of documentation on how to do what would need to be done. All that said, however, you'd need to get a lot of talented people to agree to help for free, essentially, since you'd need programmers as well as people who could generate the art. You'd basically be making a new game entirely.

Sign in to follow this