Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Game window minimizing at random

I'm playing the Humble Bundle version on Windows 8 and the game keeps randomly minimizing. At first it was only minimizing when I pressed Esc, so it wasn't really a problem since I was trying to pause the game anyway. Now it keeps minimizing in the middle of battles without m touching anything, which IS a big problem.

I have no idea what's causing that but I suspect you have some sort of background process that's running and forcing itself into the foreground. Maybe a chat application? Or anti-virus/malware scanner? Or something?

That might have been it. Anyway, I started running it through Steam and haven't had the problem again.

Okay, it started happening while running through Steam now. I haven't had this problem with other games I've played on my new laptop. It's very distracting and keeping me from really playing the game for an extended time. I had nothing running in the background except Steam which I was running the game through. I tried switching the video down from 16x9, but that didn't help either.

EDIT: This is starting to happen in other games now. I'm going to see if anyone on the Steam forums can help me with this.