Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gulstar

Congratulations

Congratulations with hitting the goal! :D

Let's see how much farther this can go, so we will get the best game possible.

Congratulations indeed. To reach the goal this fast is impressive considering all these factor:

*New unproven IP in a genre that the company hasn't worked in before

*No nostalgia factor to rely on

*Some hesitation from backers because Broken Age is still in development

*Kickstarter fatigue

*Very basic pledge levels without physical rewards*

*No stretch goals presented yet*

It speaks volume about the confidence people has in Double Fine, and it's well deserved.

* And I mean that this is a good thing.

That was fast! ^_^; Congratulations to Double Fine!

MASSIVE CHALICE isn't exactly the kind of game I usually play, but it sounds interesting. Too bad I couldn't back it (but I will if/when there's a slacker backer option).

This is proof that a game can still get funded on Kickstarter without a million tiers, stretch goals, secret backer only treats and nostalgia overload. Very well done to all involved.

I certainly hope making a game of this scale on this sort of budget isn't too problematic though. I mean, if a 2D point and click adventure can blast through over $3m before its even done, $0.75m seems insanely ambitious for a 3D stretgy fantasy epic. This is going to be great to follow (and eventually play, of course).

Brad: Congratulations. We are so proud of you. We know how much passion you have for this industry and that it will translate into a great game. Just follow your instincts (which are right on as far as we can tell!). Looking forward to the next update.

Keep up the good work.

We love you,

Mom and Dad

From the House of Muir :D

This is proof that a game can still get funded on Kickstarter without a million tiers, stretch goals, secret backer only treats and nostalgia overload. Very well done to all involved.

I certainly hope making a game of this scale on this sort of budget isn't too problematic though. I mean, if a 2D point and click adventure can blast through over $3m before its even done, $0.75m seems insanely ambitious for a 3D stretgy fantasy epic. This is going to be great to follow (and eventually play, of course).

Double fine has way more experience creating 3D games it saves at least creating a totally new engine. Also having it bagle style also adds allot of extra work.

Double fine has way more experience creating 3D games it saves at least creating a totally new engine.

In addition to that, Broken Age is probably quite expensive in terms of music and voices. MASSIVE CHALICE probably doesn't necessarily require (partly)live music and voice acting.

It's all about scoping based on the budget you have. Double Fine also didn't really "burn through" the Broken Age-budget, but projected that they would go over if they did not reduce the scope of the game or did some efficiency-improvements.

But, congrats! Looking forward to seeing this game being developed.

Nice going guys, already looking forward to the dev diaries and all the 2PP vids. I sometimes think I more buy the experience and just get a game at the end as a bonus! :D

YEAH! This is great! Congratulations! I'm super pumped about this game! I am exited to see how much more it will get in the next 23 days!

Brad and John, super best friends making successful kickstarters together, just two life hackers, high fiving backers, throwing down tricks, and picking up chicks. That's how the brad-and-john machine gets it done.

YAY! Thanks everybody! Super great way to wake up in the morning! There will be an update asap after Brad gets into the office and we get all the surprises ready to go :)

YAY! Thanks everybody! Super great way to wake up in the morning! There will be an update asap after Brad gets into the office and we get all the surprises ready to go :)

Terrific!

Now, I just wish I had a DeLorean so I could travel ahead to 2014 and play the game already.

Smiles

Now Brad can get a celebratory cake without worrying about it being the saddest cake ever!

Yay, a massive (i hope so) box for the $100 tier level.

I think it makes a lot of sense not offering stretch goals unless you're sure about what you want to do.

On the other side you could spend every additional dollar in gay features only. :o)

Yay, a massive (i hope so) box for the $100 tier level.

I think it makes a lot of sense not offering stretch goals unless you're sure about what you want to do.

On the other side you could spend every additional dollar in gay features only. :o)

Gay features? Like adding rainbow cod pieces as alternate costumes for all the characters? Those kind of gay features?

I want my gay features right now, please.

Sign in to follow this