Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mataway

Merit Badges

For all that is holy, and unholy, please make and then sell, badges like the ones Raz collects. Every time I go to your store I see the badges section, and every time my soul is crushed by the lack of merit badges. Your logo is lovely, but it doesn't quite say, "I can set schtuff on fire with my mind." I know you have important things to do like making games and playing fooz ball, but there is a hole in my life that can only be filled by merit badges.

*Image of panda with a single tear*

Oh, I totally agree! Can you imagine how awesome having a set of those would be? I demand them. Now!

Must have Double Fine Action Merit Badges.

This idea is made of win, make it so or something.

I want to superglue them into my skin and then make a giraffe lick them off with his tongue, just so i can buy some more!

I sixth that motion.

Also: Anybody who USES those Merit Badges, sews 'em onto a backpack, and cosplays themselves a costume and wear it for hallowe'en is the new new-aged retro hippie.

Or any other recognizable psychonauts character.

God dangit I'd buy merit badges in a heartbeat. Even if it required swiping my papa's creditcards just to get them.

...okay maybe not that far, but I'd keep bugging him until he gets them fer me xDD *has awesome persuasion powers*

As to were I'd stick them... I..don't know o.O Maybe on my tail, or another one of the many jackets I have. I have to think about it X3

I was pretty surprised to find that they didn't already have them. They could at least make them onto buttons like all the other ones they've been making. (but patches would be much more cooler and authentic.)

I'd probably put them on my jacket. Or I'll try to find a backpack like Raz's. I'd display the badges proudly. And if people ask about them, I give them a long, long lecture on the awesomeness that is Psychonauts, and in the end, persuade them to track down and buy a copy.

Well, if you bounce high enough on those giant bouncy balls...Rolling and floating is another story...

The DF Blog entry "I WANT YOU TWO KIDS TO GET MARRIED!" mentioned they're possibly working on this or can't make them yet in an alt text thing on a photo of some cosplayer's handmade badges:

Yeah, yeah. I know. We should sell these in the store! I hear ya. We're trying to figure out how to make them without spending the entire game budget on it.

(I can't tell if what I just wrote, outside of what I quoted, is really coherent or not; it's twenty past four AM over here and I'm kinda in a state of BLAAAAH. Sorry if the above is incomprehensible. D:)

I'd staple two Clairvoyance badges over my eyes.

That would hurt.

Besides, you SOW badges on, usually. If you are going to injure yourself, you should at least do it properly.

I like the idea of these patches, but I'd actually like a messenger bag/backpack/notebook bag with patches already on it even more. That, and because I'd have to hotglue the patches on whatever I wanted it on due to my lack of sewing skillz.

Yeah, like the backpack Raz has? That would actually be really sweet.

Oh I love Raz's backpack. I wish I had it.

Sign in to follow this