Bidiot Bales

♥ Steam Key Giveaway Thread! ♥

The whole '50 posts +' thing wasn't a legally binding law or anything - it was always down to the personal preference of the individual giving away the keys/games. If they wanted to let anyone have the key, whether they be a registered member of the forum or not, that's entirely within their right and we really shouldn't criticise them for doing it.

And now, to balance out the seriousness of this post, here's a key we can ALL enjoy.

11.15.10-3-Keys-to-a-Successful-Job-Search-300x199_crop380w.jpg?1289938515

Heh. I made a funny.

If anyone wants a Monaco - What's yours is mine, Zeno Clash, or Guardians of Middle-earth key for Steam PM me.

And if anyone has a spare Insurgency key I kinda want to check that game out.

Edit - Wow. You guys/gals are awesome. I got some messages about the Insurgency key and was able to redeem it. Thanks. I think the Middle Earth key is spoken for as well as Zeno clash.

Would anyone in our fine community like a copy of Post Apocalyptic Mayhem? I have a couple spares... comes with a bit of a catch, though: You might have to play it with me sometime! :-p

Oh, and since you've probably never heard of it... it's a combat driving game by a russian developer, Steel Monkeys. Track designs seem race-oriented but it's scored completely by kill count. Has a curious way of making you laugh and cheer even when YOU'RE the one exploding. Definitely underrated.

I'd have to like... send it to you through steam, though.

Hack n' Slash and Spacebase have been sitting in my inventory for a while collecting dust, so they're free to anyone with at least 50 posts in the forum that's interested. Just send me a PM if you want either or both of them. First come first serve.

We'll need to become friends on Steam for me to hand the game(s) over. If you aren't already added me on Steam at some point in the past, we can exchange information through PMs.

Edit: Both have been claimed! Happy holidays, folks!

I have a copy of Payday The Heist. If you want it, then send me a PM. You MUST have at least 50 posts though.

0WDF8-FWNKZ-42ZAJ

I will not even tell you what game this is for.

It was for Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, and it was already claimed.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a new rule for this thread - if you claim/use a code for a game, POST AND TELL PEOPLE YOU'VE DONE IT.

This is a reason why I think it's better to use PMs instead of just posting it. People who aren't members can just scoop up the codes for free games, or join for free games and then won't actually say if they redeemed the code or not.

Would it be possible to limit this thread so only users with a certain post count can post/read.

People who aren't members can just scoop up the codes for free games, or join for free games and then won't actually say if they redeemed the code or not.

Here's where all the publicly posted codes are going.

This is a reason why I think it's better to use PMs instead of just posting it. People who aren't members can just scoop up the codes for free games, or join for free games and then won't actually say if they redeemed the code or not.

Plus, just straight up posting things means every person who checks the thread is going to try to redeem the codes, causing multiple people frustration because of someone else grabbing it without posting.

Yeah, RETROVORTEX. Stop just posting random codes I can't redeem.

The humble ones are particularly annoying, because you can't even see what they are before claiming them. At least on Steam it won't let you redeem a code for something you already have.

The humble ones are particularly annoying, because you can't even see what they are before claiming them. At least on Steam it won't let you redeem a code for something you already have.

Unless it's Steam or I know what each game is, I don't bother. I mean, free games are great, but when people post up Humble Bundle links, I might as well not bother seeing what the game a lurker already snatched up happened to be.

For the record - we can't hide or block this thread so people with under 50 posts can't see/post in it. I don't know if we'd even want to. Like I say though, it's entirely up to the person posting the keys what they want to do with them - it's THEIR keys, after all.

Anyway. Anybody want a Steam key for Aztaka [del]or Eleusis[/del]? 50+ posts, PM me, yadda yadda.

EDIT: SHODANFreeman's got Eleusis. Aztaka's still up for grabs, and I'd recommend it. Good game.

I like the idea of sharing games. I did give some previously in this forum. I believe that it is important to keep it a community that grow slowly with that tendency, more than "just come and grab" kind of mentality. When I buy humble bundle there are some games that I want to try and some other that I really don't care to have.

I played so many games that I thought they were good and than they were bad, that at least if we can give each other some slack and help in trying different games, that reciprocity at least it is worth something. A good and healthy community.

Got a lot of extra steam keys, but I would rather give them away at requests, so that I know that people are actually interested in playing the games, and not just hoarding games. Maybe an idea for a separate thread from this.

Got a lot of extra steam keys, but I would rather give them away at requests, so that I know that people are actually interested in playing the games, and not just hoarding games. Maybe an idea for a separate thread from this.

I honestly don't see a point in making a new thread. You could just post the names of the games here and let people who are interested PM you. I really doubt many of the people here would get a game and not bother to play it.

On that note, I got a key for Payday The Heist. If anyone wants it, PM me. You must have over 50 posts.

Yeah no point to have a new thread. It would make sense to show this place only to the people with more than 50 post thou. I understand that it is not a task that doublefine could care about. Anyway, just give to people that deserve, and the karma will spread around. :)

I really doubt many of the people here would get a game and not bother to play it.

I'm pretty sure that like 75% of the Steam user base does this all the time. As much as I like the constant parade of bundles and sales, this is what they have led to.

Fair enough but I'd like to believe that if a person here asks someone for a game, they would at least play it, you know. Unless something stops them like their computer's specs are up to snuff to run it well enough or something like that.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to at least post the names of the titles so we know what they are.

few keys to give away

VVVVVV

[del]Costume Quest[/del]

[del]Shadowrun Returns[/del]

steamgift:

Spacechem

same as usual, 50 posts mimimum