• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Bidiot Bales

♥ Steam Key Giveaway Thread! ♥

Anybody want a copy of RPG Maker?

Usual rules apply.

Tempting... but I know I'd just fiddle with it a couple of times and never actually make a complete game with it.

Same!

I think whoever gets it should at least knock out a 5 minute DF/DFAF themed RPG for us all to enjoy!

Same!

I think whoever gets it should at least knock out a 5 minute DF/DFAF themed RPG for us all to enjoy!

Now that sounds like fun. We actually did something like this on an old forum I was on. It's really fun coming up with the caricature ability sets and sub-plots for all forum regulars based on their forum personalities.

I'm tempted to try it out... hmm... hem... haw...

[del]Anyone want a copy of Bionic Commando: Rearmed? Usual rules.[/del]

EDIT: It's gone. Too slow, peeps.

I have a Costume Quest steam key to give away

edit: poof it's gone

You are a great magician. Do you do children's parties?

I have a Costume Quest steam key to give away

edit: poof it's gone

You are a great magician. Do you do children's parties?

Does the carpet match the drapes?

I know the thread's for Steam keys, but screw it, I'm a mod, I can bend the rules. :P

Thanks to their Fall sale and the Settlers collection being on offer, I have GOG keys for System Shock 2 and The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Shoot me a PM if you want either of 'em.

50 posts needed, etc.

I know the thread's for Steam keys, but screw it, I'm a mod, I can bend the rules. :P

watchmen_conceptart_DrfDt.png

MOD POWER ACTIVATE

I have a GOG key for System Shock 2 as well, if anyone wants it.

If anyone doesn't have System Shock 2 yet, or hasn't played it, you should feel ashamed for the entirety of the future.

I have Steam keys for The Journey Down Episode One and [del]The Journey Down Episode Two[/del] up for grabs.

Got a few Steam keys up for grabs. One per person (unless I REALLY like you) and as usual, 50+ posts needed.

- Get Over Here

- Heckabomb

- Sleep Attack

- [del]Soccer[/del]FOOTBALL Rage

- Spellsworn

Shoot me a PM saying which one you want.

[del]I've had a bonus Steam key for Retro City Rampage for ages and nobody I know wants it. Please somebody take it from me.

At least, I don't think anybody took it yet....oh well, pm me anyway and we'll see if it works. It's been so long I don't remember. I don't think it's taken yet.[/del]

EDIT: Gone.

[del]I have a GOG.com key for Blackguards: Special Edition, if anyone wants it, as I already got it during their last big holiday sale.[/del]

Edit: It's been taken.

I still have a pretty massive amount of Steam keys in my Humble account, that I can give away. I'm not just sure as to how, as I very much want to give them away, but I want to give them to people who will actually use them, and not just add them to a list of 100 other unplayed games.

Any ideas are welcome.

My keys are mostly older Humble Bundles, both numbered and special ones, up until the Humble Bundle 11. You can PM me to ask about specific games you think I might have.

I still have a pretty massive amount of Steam keys in my Humble account, that I can give away. I'm not just sure as to how, as I very much want to give them away, but I want to give them to people who will actually use them, and not just add them to a list of 100 other unplayed games.

Any ideas are welcome.

Maybe you could make writing a review of the game a requirement of getting the key? I'd be up for that.

Any ideas are welcome.

Maybe you could make writing a review of the game a requirement of getting the key? I'd be up for that.

That's no a bad idea, if people are up for it. :)

I wouldn't require people to necessarily beat the games, but there was a thread on Neogaf, where people posted reviews about 30min sessions with their unplayed backlog games? Maybe something like that? With that, I would feel that they keys have been used.

I thought that thread was pretty useful for other people.

It WAS useful. I used to post in it quite a bit for a while. Then life (and overtime) happened and I kinda lost interest.

Might try getting back into that.

And yeah, maybe 'first impressions' would be better than an actual review. Just something to show that they'd tried the game.

I always write at least a short reaction, if not a long review, of most of the games I play on Steam. Sometimes only on Steam and not on DFAF, but I always do. I don't think that is a bad requirement at all.

Then again, I'm probably the most bloviating person on DFAF next to KestrilPi, so take my opinion on the matter for what it's worth. =P

I compiled a list of games for a giveaway, that I will do in a 1-2h. It will be at least 20 games. All I ask is a writeup of the game, based on at least 30 min of playtime. And the only timelimit I set for that writeup, is that I won't give another game until I have that. :) So don't ask for several games at once.

And I reserve the right to have f*cked up the serial keys, so if some key turns out to be already taken (it shouldn't happen), that I hope to be able to compensate with some other games.

So, here's what I found in my Humble Account and Steam Inventory.

Read post above for "instructions". And I reserve the right to mess up with this. PM me for the game you wish, and your email.

Arma 2 (The base game)

Bastion

Broken Sword: Directors Cut

Brutal Legend

Cortex Command

Deponia

Fez

Guacamelee! Gold Edition

Incredipede

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire*

Legend of Grimrock

Machinarium

Mark of the Ninja

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

Organ Trail: Director's Cut Steam key

Papers, Please

Pixeljunk Shooter*

Samorost 2

The Swapper

Trine 2

Waking Mars

* From my Steam inventory. The rest are Humble Store Steam codes.

Lots of good games in there, but I already have most of them. Ah well.

I just read this article about the developer Arcen having problems now. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/28/ai-war-devs-arcen-layoffs/

Most of their games are stuff I know about, that doesn't interest me, but they have this Populous inspired game, Skyward Collapse, that have looked interesting. I haven't gotten around to buying it before, because other games, so I thought the very least I could do is to buy the cheap game they have made that do interest me.

But right after buying it, I saw that Humble had the game, with a DRM free version, that I would rather have then the Steam one. So if anyone is interested, I have a spare copy of this game to give away.

xtm4MUFpPAs

Send a PM if interested. First one gets the copy.