Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

♥ Steam Key Giveaway Thread! ♥

I've said elsewhere, but La-Mulana is a cool game. A very Dark Souls style experience where you're a frail human in a world that is not only willing to destroy you instantly, but is unwilling to explain itself to you. Figure it out or die. Often times, figure it out and die anyway.

The metroidvania aspects are excellent. The only thing I'm not a fan of (as I've stated elsewhere) is the awful jumping. I know, I know, they did it that way on purpose as a throwback to the original experience etc etc, but anyone coming to La-Mulana fresh like I did is not going to get that nostalgic little reference. It's just going to seem bizarre.

If you can get used to the strange jumping and don't mind (or even enjoy) a game with an almost complete lack of tutorial, the game is pretty excellent.

I already have it. Just saying for anyone else.

[del]Want a Firefall game key? Just PM me![/del]

Edit: Claimed by Neiwl 182

OK, let's try something slightly different here.

I have a Steam key ready to give away. But I'm not going to tell you what it's for. It's a blind guessing game! Woo!

If you want to take a chance, usual rules apply - 50 post minimum, shoot me a PM, etc.

And be sure to let us know how you get on, because you don't want to keep us in suspense...

AND IT'S GONE.

Considering you admitted to buying a Guise of the Wolf key from that awful bundle I'm not going to take the risk...

Ah.. but that's the mystery! It could be bad, it could be good... you just don't know!

(But no, it's not Guise of the Wolf. That one was for ME)

Big thanks to Darth Marsden for the mystery key. Now I have Romero's Daikatana in my steam library) woohoo...

The Gameboy Color version of Daikatana is actually quite good though.

The Gameboy Color version of Daikatana is actually quite good though.
Having tried it, I can confirm this. It's much more of an RPG than the other version(s), and holds up rather well.

Probably should have mentioned that when I reviewed its big brother. Oh well.

Time for another random giveaway!

I have a random Steam key to give to someone, and the first person that PMs me asking for it gets it. Tohis got the last one (hope he's enjoying the terrible AI!), so he's excluded from participating, as is anyone with less than 50 posts to their name.

Let's see who's going to risk it...

EDIT: It's gone. I actually gave away two, 'cause I got two responses within seconds of each other and I'm a pretty nice guy, so I didn't want anyone to miss out unfairly. Heh.

Make sure you share your experiences, key receivers!

I've got two coupons for games. Steam won't let me gift them, but I can trade them to people if they want them. My Steam ID page is in my profile if you are interested.

75% off of Frozen Synapse - Expires on the 23 - So time is of the essence on this one.

90% off of Enclave - Expires April 2

Eh, let's do this again.

One mystery Steam key, to be given to ONE person who PMs me.

Don't bother applying if you've got less than 50 posts or I've given you a mystery key before.

...who's gonna go for it? Ooo, it's so exciting!

[del]MYSTERY KEY GIVEAWAY HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL INDIEGALA GETS ITS HEAD OUT OF ITS ASS AND DECIDES TO LET ME SEE THE CODES FOR THE BUNDLED GAMES I'VE BOUGHT.[/del]

Back in business. No idea what happened there, but I couldn't get the pop-up with the Steam codes to appear. It's back now though, so feel free to PM me!

...no-one?

No-one wants to take the plunge?

3e34632da83f034cf26270b5bd960476_view.jpg

If you don't mind giving me a second key I'll take the plunge =D

Eh, screw it. Check your PMs.

Thanks for the Velvet Assassin Code! Apparently its a "hidden gem in the stealth genre", so I'll probably give it a try when I have the time.

Eh, screw it. Check your PMs.

Thanks for the Velvet Assassin Code! Apparently its a "hidden gem in the stealth genre", so I'll probably give it a try when I have the time.

Bleh. I hated Velvet Assassin. I loved to LOOK AT Velvet Assassin, because it's got a certain style, but it's gameplay made me want to throw my tv out a window.

All due respect to the benevolent Marsden, of course. *tips hat*

Anyone want Ravensword: Shadowlands? I got an extra copy in the latest Humble Bundle.

Regular rules apply.

Gone!

I have some keys that need eating:

Spacechem

The 7th Guest tis gone forever!

What scrumptious games! Usual rules apply ect... I am not responsible for any injuries or food poisioning resulting from activating these keys. If you get injured, just bug Marsden about it or something.

Hey guys,

I have extra copies of the following games:

Dungeon Keeper Gold™ — GOG

[del]FEZ — Steam

Knights of Pen and Paper +1 — Steam

[/del]

PM me if you are interested.

Let's get this thread back up and running again with another giveaway. I have been getting a lot of multiple copies of game codes from bundles lately, so i decided I'll be giving them away here. This time will be slightly different from my previous giveaways though. What I'm right now looking for is the best trades, so when you pm me, try to find another steam key or game that you can trade for my games. Obviously I'd prefer a game i don't own, so i'll let you know if the game you want to trade with me is already in my steam profile. The better the trade, the more likely you'll get the games. If you can't trade, just list the games you want of the ones I am giving away and if no one else wants them then they're yours (assuming you're first to request the game). If it turns out no one wants a game, I'll just posted to the thread directly and whoever uses it first can have it.

I'll let everyone know next week the results, and we'll be able to make the trades then and deliver the games via pm on the forum. No post limits for entering apply, but if you've only ever posted once and someone else is a regular member of the community then the regular will get priority.

Without further ado, here are the steam games codes I am offering to the highest trade offers:

Vanguard Princess

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Reus

Thomas Was Alone

Cave Story+

VVVVVV

Dustforce

Little Inferno

Super Hexagon

Natural Selection 2

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate

We used to have a similar thread for game trades. Haven't been posted in for a long while though.

EDIT: Here it is.

Technically not a giveaway, Permafry, but you're a great forumer so it doesn't bother me :)

It will depend on if there are any games that don't have trade offers for them by the end of this week. If so, then I'll be giving them away.

We used to have a similar thread for game trades. Haven't been posted in for a long while though.

EDIT: Here it is.

Thanks for the heads up flesk; I've reposted the games for trading on that thread too.

Snagged it, thanks.

Never would have bought Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and I'll probably never play it, but sod it, I've given away enough games to earn this one.

Ok, so I bought The Cursed Crusade, but apparently I can't redeem the Steam code in my country. Which is BS, but whatever.

So if you want it and live in the US, then PM me. Usual 50 posts thing applies.

EDIT: It's gone.

I'm just about to close my trading offers. If anyone has any last minute trade requests (or just requesting the games for free since I still have multiple keys that no one has said they wanted) pm me those requests/desires ASAP within the next few hours. After I finalize all trades, the remaining games no one has sent requests or trade offers for will be listed on the steam giveaway post on this forum to be given away first come first serve.