Sign in to follow this  
Protectobot

Game Suddenly Too Hard

First off, I wanted to mention I LOVE this game and I'm glad I found out about it! :D

I already beat the final boss, but there are still 2 'most wanted' thugs I can't beat. I'm really confused because I was using a maxed out team with maxed abilities and I tried using a variety of different items and equipment in combination, but to no avail.

Meathooks, e.g., has a power rating of 150 and 3500 health!!!!! The WORST part is that when I fully healed my team, the battle almost seemed to be on a timer, cos suddenly he just smacked my whole team with one hit for an INSTANT victory; as if he got tired of fighting me: no matter how close I got to finishing him and no matter how many times I fight him. Is there a limit to how many times I can hit some of the thugs?

Is this because I fought him after beating the final boss? On a side note, the first time I fought the final boss, the same thing happened when I was about to finish him, because he suddenly KO'ed my whole team even though I kept healing everyone!

It almost seems like a glitch! I thought the final boss was hard enough, in terms of that learning curve, as mentioned in the other post, but this is NUTS! Also, I've been able to win with a 'chance of victory' rating of only 29%, I think, but when I try to assemble a team to beat the thug, I can't even get the percentage up to 29% or increase it as I switch characters, powers, and items/equipment! Does he have a weakness I don't know about, or something?

Use your entire team's abilities AND power ups from the middle manager. You should be able to take out the top crooks in 4 attack rounds or less.

Use your entire team's abilities AND power ups from the middle manager. You should be able to take out the top crooks in 4 attack rounds or less.

OOPS, I messed up. I found the answer to my prob in the glitches thread, since I thought it might be a glitch. I used hard deadline like someone else did, and I didn't notice the timer on-screen, at first. I also didn't remember using it every time when I suddenly lost a tougher battle. My main strat was to keep replenishing yak milk to last longer.

I'm SURPRISED, though, that you can defeat a 3500-health crook in 4 attack rounds or less!, but then again, this is the closest I've ever come to playing an rpg/strategy game lol so I'm a tad new to this genre, and I usually do a lot of healing and debuffs so I can attack more often with my ranged fighter (instead of having all 4 characters simply attacking). I just want the battles to last longer cos it's more satisfying to me that way :)

Thanks for the input!

OOPS, I messed up. I found the answer to my prob in the glitches thread, since I thought it might be a glitch. I used hard deadline like someone else did, and I didn't notice the timer on-screen, at first. I also didn't remember using it every time when I suddenly lost a tougher battle. My main strat was to keep replenishing yak milk to last longer.

I'm SURPRISED, though, that you can defeat a 3500-health crook in 4 attack rounds or less!, but then again, this is the closest I've ever come to playing an rpg/strategy game lol so I'm a tad new to this genre, and I usually do a lot of healing and debuffs so I can attack more often with my ranged fighter (instead of having all 4 characters simply attacking). I just want the battles to last longer cos it's more satisfying to me that way :)

Thanks for the input!

That's an interesting point. We actually wanted to fights to not last a crazy number of turns. So in that we were effective. But in late game this is difficult to tune for every different play style. Glad you got through it!