• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Protectobot

Focusite Meteorite Question?

I researched focusite and accidentally tapped on the description before being able to read it fully. I noticed that it's listed under the meteorite combiner menu, but when I read the descript. for each level of focusite that's made, it says + % of focus. Does this mean that focusite makes you use MORE focus than usual? I thought the idea was to make it use less, but the plus sign (+) makes it looks like it's a spoof item that's there as a joke (like how a certain green crystal affects a famous comic superhero), or it's in the game to make it more challenging.

I'd like to figure this out on my own if possible, but I don't know how to collect/create the presumed purple meteorite shards that are one of the ingredients needed to make focusite.

I'm also guessing that meteorites can't be researched anymore, since I only downloaded the game recently (early June) and I don't see a way to do that. Maybe the game design has changed since then?

Any help on this topic would really be appreciated! :D

There should have been 3 meteorite recipes that you can research. The researched meteorites can only be acquired through combining. The base meteorites are all random drops or can be bought from the store.

The +% on focusite really should be -%. Focusite bling at +100% doesn't use any focus at all, which really breaks character builds. Heros with great long range group abilities now end up having a ton of useless focus points that can't be reallocated.

Since it looks like this game's been put out to pasture, you may as well use the save game meteorite dup bug. Just equip all of your heros with meteorites, force close the app and reload. Now unequip the meteorites from all heros and force close again. When you load it up again, the meteorites will have been added to your inventory, but they will still be equipped on your heros. Unequip, force close, repeat. Combining meteorites along the way and re-equipping, you should be able to have pretty much unlimited Bling level meteorites in 15-20mins.

I researched focusite and accidentally tapped on the description before being able to read it fully. I noticed that it's listed under the meteorite combiner menu, but when I read the descript. for each level of focusite that's made, it says + % of focus. Does this mean that focusite makes you use MORE focus than usual? I thought the idea was to make it use less, but the plus sign (+) makes it looks like it's a spoof item that's there as a joke (like how a certain green crystal affects a famous comic superhero), or it's in the game to make it more challenging.

I'd like to figure this out on my own if possible, but I don't know how to collect/create the presumed purple meteorite shards that are one of the ingredients needed to make focusite.

I'm also guessing that meteorites can't be researched anymore, since I only downloaded the game recently (early June) and I don't see a way to do that. Maybe the game design has changed since then?

Any help on this topic would really be appreciated! :D

Huh, you can't research meteorites? Or it's possible that you researched them all. And focusite means you use LESS focus. So you use that percentage less that usual.