Sign in to follow this  
flesk

Video Game Deals

Call to Power 2 seemed like a good addition to my library from the GoG sale. Call to Power the original was awesome, and seeing a lot of praise for Call to Power 2.

Also, very much recommend Arcanum, was a favorite title of mine back in the day for a robust RPG.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly is the best bundle Humble's done in a WHILE. It's an Adult Swim Games publisher bundle, that has literally everything they've released up to this point besides this month's Mega Coin Squad.

The $1 tier gets you Fist Puncher, Soundodger+, and Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe. The BTA tier(currently $5.90) gets you Volgarr the Viking, Super House of Dead Ninjas, DLC for Fist Puncher/SHODN/Soundodger+, and the PAX demo for their upcoming game Westerado. The $13 tier gets you Jazzpunk and Super Comboman.

There are higher tiers($30 and $75), but those are all physical stuff and include no extra games over the $13 tier.

I'm super curious about Jazzpunk, but I'm not sure if I'm $13 worth of interested?

If you don't have the other games, then the bundle is definitely worth $13. Jazzpunk on its own has gotten cheaper.

I have Super House of Dead Ninjas and its DLC.

Volgarr has gone down to $3.99 before, so I'm not sure it's worth the $4.90 jump to BTA, and I'm not sure Jazzpunk is worth the $9 jump to $13.

I have Super House of Dead Ninjas and its DLC.

Volgarr has gone down to $3.99 before, so I'm not sure it's worth the $4.90 jump to BTA, and I'm not sure Jazzpunk is worth the $9 jump to $13.

Well, if you think the extra DLC and the PAX demo is worth 91 cents, then the BTA is worth it. After that, it's just a $7.10 jump to Jazzpunk and the other game, which I'd say is pretty good.

I can't buy video games at the moment, because I'm currently using my self-allotted game purchase money for potential board and card game purchases.

Sp until I have Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, and a reasonably large set of LOTR LCG expansions, I'm foregoing video game purchases save for ridiculous Steam Sales.

I did put Forbidden Island on the Most Recent Purchase thread, but I really only just ordered it at my FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store). I haven't actually paid for it yet.

Wow, this thread's really died off since I stopped doing the Steam Daily Deals.

...meh.

GOG

It's GOG's anniversary! Did you get them a present?

...not even a card?

...ugh, you heartless bastards.

Whatever, there's a bunch of games on offer all this week. At least THEY care about their anniversary.

Humble Bundle

HOLY CRAP PSYCHONAUTS IS ONLY A DOLLAR GO BUY IT IF YOU DON'T ALREADY OWN IT WOOOO

Speaking of, free copy of Warlock: Master of the Arcane to the first person to PM me.

DRM-free Retro Sale at FireFlower. Get classics like Gobliiins Trilogy, Gun Metal, Jack Orlando, Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire, Knights and Merchants, Litil Divil, Little Big Adventure, Transport Giant Gold and more at a discount.

The HB store is offering Hack & (sorry 'n') Slash with an almost reasonable $ to € conversion but it's Steam only.

The offer of The Cave is loco in this respect.

Transparency and simplicity aren't virtues of the HB store (or someone just needs to learn how to use a working calculator).

Right now you can buy Minecraft for $2.5B, but there's only one available so you'd better hur... oh nevermind. Someone bought it.

Yarr! It be Talk Like a Pirate Day, ya spineless sea urchins! So Steam be hoistin' the main sale with a shipload of Pirate Themed booty that may or may not actually be cursed. (Cursed DLC be extra.)

-- STEAM

Midweek Madness

spotlight_image_english.png?t=1411168247

US: $6.79

spotlight_image_english.png?t=1410820743

US: $4.99

Two-Day Deal

header.jpg?t=1399931035

50% off :: US: $12.49

Play With Friends sale at FireFlower. Includes co-op and multiplayer games like Dustforce, Ring Runner, Space Farmers, The Chaos Engine and more.

You can also use codes FFG-SPEND10-JGQX, FFG-SPEND15-JGQX or FFG-SPEND20-JGQX for a further 10, 15 or 20% discount depending on how much you spend (€10, €15 or €20).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70810315/the-splits-a-trollcore-game-collection

Go fund this. now (right now there's only 17 hours left at the time i'm posting this). Seriously it's $1 for 7 microgames (including 1 ks exclusive game). You can't beat that on kickstarter.

Plus you can play Fignermukcre, one of the games in the bundle, in browser here: http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/fignermukcre/27413/

Plus Over Easy, another one of the games included in the bundle, is freely available for download here: http://wly_cdgr.itch.io/over-easy

Also Boson X is available for free (without a copy of the steam version naturally) here: http://ianmaclarty.itch.io/boson-x

Same with Roguelight: http://managore.itch.io/roguelight

If you have any free time whatsoever this October, this should be enough free indie games to use up all of your time =D

GOG are streaming a community questions and answer session right now. One of the things they said was that:

"1: Hopefully tomorrow. 2: What hopefully? 1: Tomorrow. (hopefully)" they will have signups for Beta testing of the GOG Galaxy project. Sign ups during the first 24h there will be a free game given out with it. Which game? Some multiplayer game that is not in their current catalogue. They want to spread the word as much as possible, as this is going to be the real world stress test for the GOG Galaxy backbone.

They also stated that the processing of signups might take a few days, but it's the signup time, not their processing speed, that determines if you get the game. Also, they want you to play that game as much as possible during the stress test!

As I said yesterday, sign up GOG Galaxy beta test, get Aliens versus Predator classic 2000 for free. And apparently those 24h stated in their community stream actually became 48h...

Steam Midweek Madness:

TtaQlug.png

gm5f6Ld.png

Tomb Raider is an absolute steal at that price.

Free copy of Xcom Enemy Unknown thanks to Playfire and Green Man Gaming!

https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

Not sure if you will get a spare code if you already own it though.

Should do. They just send you a key via e-mail (or they did for me, anyway).

It's worth noting that you only get the key after voting in the Golden Joystick awards. It's pretty painless, but something you kinda forgot to mention in your post, so... yeah, there you go.

Oh, and once you get the 'And So It Begins' achievement, you get a voucher for 80% off the expansion, Enemy Within... provided you're linked to GreenManGaming's PlayFire system. I think.

Just riffing off of the Joystick awards here.

What has Twitch innovated this year to be up for that award? A console app? That's about all I know of. Otherwise, they've been doing the exact same thing for years.

Twitch have done a lot of stability and back end stuff as I understand it. But what have they done broadcaster or user side? Removed a lot of VODs? Implemented a thing that silences whole 30min segments for sounds that can be as short as 1/10 of a second long (e.g. Nintendo coin pickup sound)... and with loads of false positives? Neither positive!