Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flesk

Video Game Deals

Those were/are fantastic rpg games. If you're oldskool enough then Tales of the Unknown, The Destiny Knight and The Thief of Fate offer tons of fear and adventure, plus the inofficial fourth part Dragon Wars. The problem is that every version is best played on another system. So, as for Tales of the Unknown you want to play the Amiga version (best sound/graphics/interface). But the C64 intro is already missing in The Destiny Knight on the Amiga and as the gfx quality first slightly, then more noticeably decreased with each title, The Thief of Fate was looking best and offered the best style and gaming experience on the C64. Playing the MS-DOS versions isn't the best idea.

I love the original game design of The Bard's Tale series, for me it's still working, just offer a wide variety of great monster animations, redesign and improve the interface, make it hard, offer more story and riddles and this still works. Fargo could make such a brilliant up to date version.

And the latest The Bard's Tale (the 3D one) is still one of the most humorous video games out there.

SERIOUSLY tempted by this, but does anyone know if this has the same problem as the Steam version - IE: my system slows to an absolute CRAWL whenever there's fire effects? It renders the game damn-near unplayable.

I'm sure you'll let us know about every drop in framerates. Well, at least this way the fire has a real meaning to you and you can actually fear it.

This reminds me of a tip i once got on the TTG forum when i was asking for german subtitles for a game so that the kids understand what's going on as well. The TTG-dude (Chuck, Kevin, ...?), can't remember who it was, suggested that i could do all the translations, noises and so on on my own whilst playing the game with them. I thought, well maybe, that's not what i was hoping for but actually it's not stupid either and i could give it a try. So, i translated everything what happened on the fly as best as i could, of course you need to talk with different voices, moving a bit around and playing those dudes as well and, uhh, for the kids it was a lot of fun but it was extremely exhausting after some time. I had to continue this way for the full season then. Curse you, TTG-dude! ;O)

That sounds like a lot of work. I've translated books as I read them, and that was hard enough. I'm very impressed by people who do simultaneous translations for a living.

IndieGameStand (link)

I don't think you posted this one, Darth Marsden, and I forgot about it.

* Pay what you want for Six Sided Sanctuary (Windows) (DRM-free)

* Beat the average for Six Sided Sanctuary OST (mp3)

This deal ends tomorrow.

It kind of reminds me of EDGE and it's on Steam Greenlight. Pay at least $1 to get a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

You're right, I [del]deliberately skipped[/del] FORGOT that one.

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 50% off Eador: Masters of the Broken World.

Here's your Week-Long Deals. Mostly nothing, but there's one or two interesting deals there (Jagged Alliance 2 Gold and Little Inferno in particular).

GamersGate

Enjopy the Columbus Day sale! So many random games on offer I DARE not list them all. Seriously, there's hundreds. Check 'em out.

If you're interested in Crysis 3, Medal of Honor 2012 or MoH: Warfighter and don't mind Origin, they're on offer too.

Also on sale - the Supreme Commander series. Apologies in advance if you happen to be a Mac user.

Finally, there's also a Simulator Week Sale, which features, you guessed it, a crap-ton of Simulator games. Plenty of cross-over with the Columbus Day sale, just to warn you.

Indie Gala

Remember the Indie Gala October bundle that you didn't buy? Well, they've added two new games - Naval War: Arctic Circle and The Showdown Effect.

You may now continue to not care.

GOG

Today's classic gem promo is 60% off The Bard's Tale 1, 2 and 3 (Windows/Mac), making it only $3.99. You still get a copy of The Witcher with any purchase off GOG.com.

bought.

Been some time since I bought a game.

Hey guys there's a new Humble Bundle.

WITH ANDROID.

Usual rules apply. Pay what you want, Android/Windows/Mac/Linux, $1+ for Steam keys, BTA to unlock bonus games.

The bundle contains:

Ticket to Ride(plus USA 1910 DLC)

Greed Corp

Incredipede

Anodyne

BTA:

Worms: Reloaded

The Bard's Tale

Great selection overall. Greed Corp, Incredipede, and Anodyne deserve more attention for being awesome.

I don't know, beside of The Bard's Tale which other games are great in this bundle exactly?

The ones Dashing mentioned at the bottom of his post.

EDIT: Double ninja'd. You guys are fast.

Nope, nothing for me in there this time.

Saying so the games i enjoyed the most in 2013 so far are: FTL, The Cave, Costume Quest, Scurvey Scallywags, Kingdom Rush Frontiers, an intensive LucasArts adv session, The Last of Us (my game of the year), Pikmin 3, Naya's Quest, Outlast, many Tetris variations, ... and i guess i'll add The Wolf Amongst Us as well, only due to the colours. I somehow never found time to play The Swapper (i guess due to the lack of an OS X support), oh, and i'm glad i didn't buy Bioshock Infinite.

Miss out on the Capcom Celebratory weekend on Steam? Well, don't worry, because over at...

GameFly

...they're doing the same sort of thing, with up to 75% off Capcom titles.

The GOG version of The Bard's Tale works absolutely fine on my PC. Huzzah, I can now actually play it.

You mean leave it installed for 3 years, never touch it and completely forget you had it.

Well, yeah. OBVIOUSLY.

GOG

Today's Indie Gem Promo is 50% off FEZ (Windows/Mac), making it a nice $4.99!

There's really no reason you shouldn't already own this by now though.

I said NO reason.

Yeah. Any reason you could possibly give for not wanting to own FEZ is a shitty one.

So guys, Let's build a Doujin Bundle....2!

Lots of vertical and sidescrolling SHMUPs, and two dating sims.

Two of the shooters, eXceed 2nd - Vampire REX and eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package, have Steam keys.

The Tale of ALLTYNEX is here, called Kamui now for no apparent reason.

One of the dating sims is about a human girl who goes to a school where she doesn't really belong.

It is, of course, a school for pigeons.

q42GljL.png

4g03G4k.jpg

It's a pretty typical dating sim.

Sign in to follow this