Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flesk

Video Game Deals

As usual with these guys, the price is locked at $4.49 for the first 8 hours, presumably to punish early adopters or something.

Or to set a certain minimum average for the duration of the bundle?

Ooo, that's even sneakier.

Groupees

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but here's the Be Mine X bundle.

Unlike previous bundles by these guys, this one's got two tiers. I am yet unsure if I approve of this or not.

Tier 1 ($1 minimum)

- Electronic Super Joy

- Shelter + The Circle (Children's Book)

- Last Knight

- Electronic Super Joy OST (Parts I & II)

Unlocked Bonuses!

- One Finger Death Punch

- Tora - TΩRA EP

- Everything Is Going To Be Fine

Tier 2 ($5)

- Call of Juarez

- Face Noir

- Legends of Dawn

- Finding Teddy

...and a Mystery Game yet to be unlocked.

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 50% off Urban Trial Freestyle.

The Weekend Deals:

- 50% off Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Dammit Valve... I hate you, and yet I love you...

- 58% (oddly specific...) off Total War: Rome II

There's also a Digital Devolver Weekend, with big savings on all their titles. Admittedly they don't have many games on Steam, but still, never look a discount horse in the mouth.

Time for something near and dear to my heart.

Humble Bundle

It's the Humble Daedelic Bundle!

Tier 1 (Minimum $1)

- Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Win/Mac, Steam)

- A New Beginning - Final Cut (Win/Mac, Steam)

- The Whispered World (Win, Steam)

- The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet (Win/Mac, DRM-Free)

- The Chronicles of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream (Win/Mac, DRM-Free)

Tier 2 ($6 +)

- Deponia (Win/Mac, Steam)

- Journey of a Roach (Win/Mac, Steam)

- The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (Win/Mac, Steam)

Plus the soundtracks for each game.

Cannot recommend the second tier highly enough. Some fantastic games here!

Indie Royale

Hey, one worth mentioning! Here's the Debut 6 Royale.

For a minimum of £1.86 (about $2.50), you can get all these:

- FootLOL: Epic Fail League (PC/Mac, Desura/DRM-Free)

- Reversion: The Meeting (PC, Desura/DRM-Free)

- Subject 9 (PC/Mac, DRM-Free)

- Dualsus (PC/Mac/Linux, Desura/DRM-Free)

- ARKADIANAX (PC, Desura/DRM-Free)

- Champions Of Chaos 2 (PC, Desura/DRM-Free)

- Rhythm Destruction (PC, Desura/DRM-Free)

And £4 ($6ish) for a bonus album no-one cares about.

These are all on Steam Greenlight, so if they make the grade, they'll give you a Steam key. That said, none of the previous bundles like this have been green-lit yet, so don't hold your breath.

Damn it, Humble, I just threw money at you twice in the last week. My wallet can't take much more of this abuse.

I'm so low on cash right now that a $6 purchase is something I'll actually have to think about.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but here's the Be Mine X bundle.

Fhqwhgads mentioned it on the previous page.

It's the Humble Daedelic Bundle!

[...]

- Journey of a Roach (Win/Mac, Steam)

Nice. I added that one to my Steam wishlist earlier today, and didn't expect to be able to get it so soon. Looks interesting.

Amazon

The new deals of the week are up. There's not a whole lot of them this time, so I'll list them all.

First, since this one expires tomorrow, the 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership that I might have mentioned before is 0.15% off at $59.90. That's not all though - it also comes with a $20 Xbox Live Gift Card.

And then there are the usual PC deals:

* 30% off Guild Wars 2 (Windows & Amazon): $34.99

* 33% off Payday 2 (Windows & Steam): $19.99

* 67% off Fly'n (Windows & Steam): $3.33

Which all expire next Wednesday. And that's it for this week.

GOG

GOG is not about to start slacking on their sales, and kicks off the weekend with a massive sale on Activision games at 60% off:

* Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (Windows): $2.39

* Pharaoh + Cleopatra (Windows): $3.99

* Zeus + Poseidon (Acropolis) (Windows): $3.99

* Caesar 3 (Windows): $2.39

* Quest for Glory 1-5 (Windows): $3.99

* Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption (Windows): $2.39

* Phantasmagoria (Windows): $3.99

* Phantasmagoria 2 (Windows): $2.39

* Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (Windows): $2.39

* Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within (Windows): $2.39

* Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned (Windows): $2.39

* King's Quest 4+5+6 (Windows): $3.99

* King's Quest 7+8 (Windows): $3.99

* King's Quest 1+2+3 (Windows): $3.99

* Police Quest 1+2+3+4 (Windows): $3.99

* Police Quest: SWAT 1+2 (Windows): $3.99

* Space Quest 4+5+6 (Windows): $3.99

* Space Quest 1+2+3 (Windows): $3.99

* Betrayal at Krondor Pack (Windows): $2.39

* Return to Krondor (Windows): $2.39

* SWAT 3: Tactical Game of the Year Edition (Windows): $3.99

* Zork Anthology, The (Windows): $2.39

* Zork: Grand Inquisitor (Windows): $2.39

* Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands (Windows): $2.39

* Return to Zork (Windows): $2.39

* Call to Power 2 (Windows): $2.39

* Dark Reign + Expansion (Windows): $3.99

* Dark Reign 2 (Windows): $2.39

* Torin's Passage (Windows): $2.39

* Interstate '76 Arsenal, The (Windows): $2.39

* Interstate '82 (Windows): $2.39

* Spycraft: The Great Game (Windows): $2.39

Some of these were in last weeks Halloween sale as well.

Spycraft is in my opinion a great example of GOG's reviews being inflated by nostalgia. I played it myself when it was new, and I have somewhat nostalgic feelings about it, but the game was frustrating like fuck and not really at all fun to play when you think about it. There was some puzzle where you had to make a sketch of a criminal using face recognition software that was especially bothersome, to the point that it still annoys me thinking back on it. It's sort of a fun minigame in theory, but it was so awfully implemented that it was nearly impossible to succeed unless you already knew exactly how to solve it because it was so damn unforgiving.

IndieGameStand

The latest game from these guys is Operation Smash, a platformer that sounds an awful lot like a Metroidvania game (there's talk of speed-running and sequence breaking), so that's me in.

Beat the average (currently $1.32) to get the OST.

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 75% off Portal 2. Again. Ho-hum.

Also - I know I mentioned the Digital Devolver Weekend, but I forgot to mention that the Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior ports are 75% off, making them about $2.75 each. If you don't already own them, rectify that fact immediately.

Get Games

You'll love this.

So, there's supposed to be a Company of Heroes 2 sale, right? 33% off and all that.

The problem is, the link they gave in the newsletter... doesn't work.

OOPS. Fortunately, you can find it by just searching the site normally, but that's a hell of a cock-up, either way.

Anyway. The deal is, as said, 33% off, but each purchase also gives a donation of £5 / €8 / $10 to either the Royal British Legion or the US Veterans Affairs, depending on which one you buy.

Gamefly

ZOMG, Gamefly has a half-decent sale! Enjoy up to 75% off some zombie titles. Or don't. Whatever.

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 50% off FTL: Faster Than Light.

Devolver Weekend's still going on, don't forget. If you don't get/have Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior Classic, you're off my Xmas card list.

Get Games

Let's list these suckers.

- 25% off Lego Marvel Super Heroes (which I REALLY want but am not paying more than a tenner for)

- 75% off the F.E.A.R. series

- 75% off the Hitman series

- 75% off the Serious Sam series (which is STILL cheaper at Steam)

Indie Royale

The Debut 7 bundle has unlocked its final game - Saturday Morning RPG (Desura, DRM-Free / PC, Mac, Linux).

...that's it. You may continue with your pitiful little lives now.

GOG

The new classic gem promo is 60% off Shadow Man (Windows) for $2.39.

I wish they'd add some more classics to the charity sale, as I own most of those games through Indie Game Stand/Humble Bundle and Steam already, and so have both DRM-free versions and the convenience of Steam. I'm interested enough in Creatures Village that I could have bought it alone, but it doesn't let me check out with just the one game.

Gamers Gate

Here's a list of midweek deals, despite it still being Monday. :rolleyes:

- Up to 75% off the Anno series

- 66% off Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

- 66% off the Majesty & Warlock series

- 75% off the Operation Flashpoint series

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 75% off Fable III, which is a terrible game and should be avoided like the plague.

Here's your Week-Long Deals. Quite a few titles there, but I'm not seeing any to get particularly worked up about.

Not a great start to the week for Steam, really.

Get Games

These guys have started doing Daily Deals now. Yay, one more thing to keep tabs on. *sigh*

Today's Daily Deal is 80% off Just Cause 2. Good price for it... if you don't already have it.

Also, don't forget about the LEGO Sale. Some good stuff there.

Humble Bundle

Further stretching the definition of their name, Humble Bundle now have a store. There's some daily deals going on at the moment to celebrate the opening. Here's the run-down.

- 75% off Don't Starve (Win/Mac/Linux, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 75% off Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Win/Linux, Steam)

- 75% off Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete (Win, Steam)

- 75% off Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Win, Steam)

- 66% off The Swapper (Win, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 50% off Prison Architect ALPHA (Win/Mac/Linux, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 50% off Rogue Legacy (Win/Mac/Linux, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 50% off Gunpoint (Win, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 75% off Natural Selection II (Win/Linux, Steam)

Today's Two-Day Deal is 75% off Fable III, which is a terrible game and should be avoided like the plague.

Does this game even work? It's Microsoft and it used G4WL. Have they patched it out by now?

Don't know, don't care. It's still awful.

Does this game even work? It's Microsoft and it used G4WL. Have they patched it out by now?

Nope. And it still comes with Securom also.

And it's terrible.

I kind of like Fable 3...

It could have been good if it didn't have such an awful levelling system/equipment system and if they had actually done something with the whole King idea...

It did have some charm and I was a big fan of the original and it was passable to a point...

Not worth putting up with Bad DRM though...

Fable 1 is also on sale, which is a pretty decent game and as far as I can tell has no DRM (it doesn't even need Steam running).

Might have to jump through a few hoops to get it to run properly, though all I had to do was set the game to Windows NT 4.0 compatibility mode.

Here's your Week-Long Deals. Quite a few titles there, but I'm not seeing any to get particularly worked up about.

50% off Gunpoint and 66% off Anodyne isn't too bad. Safecracker is a decent enough puzzle game as well.

50% off Gunpoint and 66% off Anodyne isn't too bad. Safecracker is a decent enough puzzle game as well.

Oh yeah I love Safecracker, my HeR Interactive forum name (my first forum!) was named after that game.

Safecracker is a decent enough puzzle game as well.

Oh yeah I love Safecracker, my HeR Interactive forum name (my first forum!) was named after that game.

Some of the puzzles are damn hard though, and I have yet to complete the game since I don't want to spoil it and need some long breaks between each session with it.

IndieGameStand (link)

Pay what you want for Full Bore, a digging block puzzle adventure DRM-free for Windows and Linux. If you pay at least $1 you get a Steam key if it's greenlit. Beat the average (currently $1.27) for the soundtrack.

Maybe it's because I've been playing so much Knytt Underground lately, but I'm getting some of the same vibes looking at the screenshots of this game. It also helps that it's "packed to the brim with secrets and hidden rooms". Anyway, I think I might pick this one up. Bought.

Note that according to the Steam Greenlight page it doesn't seem to be finished yet, but I don't see that mentioned on the IndieGameStand page, so I'm not sure what the current state of the game is.

EDIT: Buying for $1 or more also gives you a Desura key, even though it's not mentioned at all on the store page.

Safecracker is a decent enough puzzle game as well.

Some of the puzzles are damn hard though, and I have yet to complete the game since I don't want to spoil it and need some long breaks between each session with it.

There's one I remember that was especially challenging- some sort of safe with ultraviolet light or lasers or something along those lines.

Bundle Stars

Hey, who likes First Person Shooters?

What's that? You do? Well too bad - here's the FPS Warriors Bundle. £2.25 / $2.99 for the following:

- The Ship: Complete Pack (Comes with two extra copies for friends, according to the newsletter!)

- Legendary

- Shattered Horizon

- Section 8

- Dino D-Day

- Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition

All games are Win/Steam.

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 75% off The Fallout Collection (That's 1, 2 and Tactics).

Midweek Madness Deals:

- 50% off Defiance (really not selling, huh Trion?)

- 50% off Lost Planet 3 (really not selling, huh Capcom?)

If there's gonna be new deals from the Humble Store, they'll be live in around 40 minutes. I'll honestly not sure if there will be though. Either way, I'll let you know.

Bundle Stars

Hey, who likes First Person Shooters?

What's that? You do? Well too bad - here's the FPS Warriors Bundle. £2.25 / $2.99 for the following:

- The Ship: Complete Pack (Comes with two extra copies for friends, according to the newsletter!)

I don't like first person shooters, but I had The Ship on my Steam wishlist. It's a pretty fucking sweet deal for that alone, and I think it's worth having a look at even if you're not a fan of the genre. I didn't really think of it as an FPS until now, even though I've seen several gameplay videos of it. As far as I can tell it has more elements of adventure.

[del]Looks like we'll have to wait a bit for the Humble Store deals. The new games are on the front page, but they're not reduced at all yet.[/del]

THERE we go.

Humble Store

Here's your latest daily deals.

- 33% off Planetary Annihilation Beta (Win/Mac/Linux, Steam)

- 60% off Receiver (Win/Mac/Linux, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 50% off Dust: An Elysian Tail (Win, Steam)

- 50% off Blade Symphony Pre-order (Win, Steam)

- 40% off Papers, Please (Win/Mac, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 80% the Alan Wake Franchise (Win, Steam/DRM-Free)

- 70% off Antichamber (Win, Steam)

Humble Store FOR AMERICANS ONLY.

Huh? Where does it say USA only?

Not on Steam

This one's a sale of a bunch of games that, oddly enough, aren't on Steam for whatever reason. And they're all on offer! Go check 'em out, there's sure to be a couple that'll take your fancy.

Mousecraft, featured on that site, currently has a pay-what-you-want going on their website, if anyone found that game interesting. Also, they just got greenlight today, so they will provide steam keys.

MouseCraft was released as an Early Access title yesterday, and if you bought it from their site you should have received a Steam key for it now.

Sign in to follow this