Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flesk

Video Game Deals

Steam

Today's Daily Deal is 50% off Kentucky Route Zero.

Get Games

These guys are repeating their Lego sale, with up to 75% off Lego games.

There's also a Batman: Arkham series sale, with up to 75% off the games from the series. Arkham Origins - and its Season Pass - are both 55% off, if you're wondering.

Indie Gala

These guys always seem to have a sale of some sort on, but here's the games currently on offer.

There's some bundles on the second page - make sure to check those out.

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 60% off Ducktales: Remastered. Can't remember if it was cheaper during the Christmas Sale, but it's still a good price for it.

It's the same price as the flash deal (I think) during the sale. I think it's fun, but I agree that the constant cutscenes can get pretty tedious. Especially when you've seen them all a few times already.

I made the mistake of starting my first game in normal mode because I'd forgotten how hard normal mode used to be in Nintendo games. Also, because you have to get through an entire level to save your progress, I've had to come back to the two levels I've completed so far many times, since I often can't reliably put off half an hour of continuous gameplay time.

Overall though, I like the game, but I'm not having nearly as much fun as I did playing the original with my little brother back in the days. Not sure if it's worth it if you didn't like the original or are a massive Ducktales fan.

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos looked interesting enough that I used the change I made selling steam trading cards to get it. If I like it and have the time to try it I'll let you guys know what i think of it.

I thought Lume was pretty nice. It's very short though, and it's only the first of several planned episodes. Like The Dream Machine it's a hand crafted game, and these things obviously take a huge amount of time because more than two and a half years has passed since this first episode was released.

...provided you don't already own all the games in it. Like I do. :(

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 66% off The Swapper, which is highly recommended.

The Midweek Madness Deals:

- 50% off Anmesia: A Machine for Pigs

- 50% off Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

IndieGameStand

The latest from these guys is Shin Samurai Jazz, an 8-bit platform-adventure game involving Samurai and Jazz, oddly enough.

Beat the average (currently $1.72) to unlock some bonus games - namely, Jump/Boxer and samurai_jazz - see the page for more details.

...provided you don't already own all the games in it. Like I do. :(

Fair point; I actually own all but Reus and Joe Danger 2, but I'll be giving the rest of the keys away and hopefully I won't have any of the other games that will be added in a week.

The only game in that bundle I already owned was Runner 2. I considered picking up many of those games during the Steam sale but ended up not grabbing them at the time. Guess that worked out in the end.

I own all of those except Joe Danger 2: The Movie. What caught my attention though was this

All of these games are available DRM-free for Windows, Mac and Linux

As of now that only applies to Runner2 and Surgeon Simulator. If the other games have indeed been ported it's awesome news. Most likely it's just part of the HIB template though.

For all the games that weren't already on Mac/Linux, the video for this HIB says "making its Mac and Linux debut" for each of them, so I assume they've been ported.

For all the games that weren't already on Mac/Linux, the video for this HIB says "making its Mac and Linux debut" for each of them, so I assume they've been ported.

Oh, sweet! I didn't watch the video. Been looking forward to playing Papo & Yo and Reus, but I have too many games on Windows backlog as it is.

Looks like Reus and Papo & Yo have downloadable Linux versions, but those Linux versions aren't on Steam just yet. I imagine that'll get addressed soon enough.

Gamefly

These guys have got an End of Winter sale featuring some OK-ish deals that haven't been properly price converted, much to my eternal frustration ($3.19 = £3.19, etc).

BUT. Thankfully there's also a 20% off code you can add at the checkout! GFDJAN20 (or GFDJAN20UK if you're in the, well, UK).

Steam

Today's Two-Day Deal is 75% off The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Coolsome WILL be pleased.

Daily Royale

Today's Deal is 70% off Nihilumbra. Which I bought on Steam during the Winter Sale. *shrug*

Indie Royale

Oh for the love of...

The latest bundle from these guys is the Choices 2013 Bundle, which, as you might have guessed, contains games they've already had in OTHER bundles.

Because, y'know, I really needed an excuse not to buy this one.

*sigh* £2.37 (or equivalent) gets you:

- A Valley Without Wind I

- A Valley Without Wind II

- Cognition Ep. 1: The Hangman

- Cognition Ep. 2: The Wise Monkey

- Dungeon Hearts

- Pid

- Richard & Alice

- Waveform

£4 + for a bonus album you care about even less then the bundle.

Indie Royale

Oh for the love of...

The latest bundle from these guys is the Choices 2013 Bundle, which, as you might have guessed, contains games they've already had in OTHER bundles.

At least it's a bundle with games worth owning for once.

Bought to my attention by a certain fellow forumite:

Humble Bundle

The latest Weekly bundle is the FrozenByte Bundle.

$1+ Tier

- Jack Claw (prototype game)

- Shadowgrounds

- Trine

$6+ Tier

- Shadowgrounds: Survivor

- Trine 2: Complete Story

...so yeah, nothing new here unless you really, really want the soundtracks, which come with each game (at the same tier level).

Humble Weekly Sale: Frozenbyte

The bundle includes:

Shadowgrounds

Trine

Jack Claw

Pay $6 or more and get:

Shadowgounds Survivors

Trine 2: The Complete Story

I get this weird déjà vu feeling... Almost as though all of these games were already in a bundle -_- Ah well I guess for those who were late to humble bundle and never got this bundle this is still a pretty good deal, but it's slightly disappointing that they're having to repeat bundles like this...

GOG

As you may have gathered, the latest release from these guys is BloodNet, an adventure game with RPG elements that no-one remembers because it has a ridiculous 'sci-fi with vampires' plot, awkward graphics and an unbelievably clunky interface.

Not convinced? There's a few Let's Plays on YouTube, but none of them reach the end of the game.

...yeah.

Whatever. Let's have a better deal from these guys - like an Adventure Game sale! Up to 85% off a bunch of pretty good adventure games... and BTTF:TG. I'd also recommend skipping Gomo, since that's not been well received at all. Otherwise, go nuts.

Nah, I'm a cowboy this month! Yeehah, bitches.
You are, as they say, all hat and no cattle. ;)

Sign in to follow this