Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarthAve

What's the Last Thing You Bought?

Exactly what the title says. What's the last thing you purchased?

For me, it was a necklace with a fat mouse charm for my friend's birthday, and some mutant hybrid of mirrored avaitors and shutter shades that I'm wearing to homecoming.

Some Super Mario Galaxy figurines!

I have them now set up in my room next to my Twilight Princess figurines! Huzah!

You need not list what consumables/day-to-day products you are buying as it is more or less a given that you shall be eating, paying bills, buying soap etc.

I believe the last thing I purchased would have been Soul Calibur IV, which was rather disappointing.

I bought a Stupid Gulp* full of Pepsi spiked with lime flavoring as well as a chocolate muffin, and my brother got Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Cool stuff.

* Actually named the Mega Buddy to anyone other than me, it's a 52-oz MONSTER of a cup to be filled with the beverage and/or condiment of your choosing.

You need not list what consumables/day-to-day products you are buying as it is more or less a given that you shall be eating, paying bills, buying soap etc.

I believe the last thing I purchased would have been Soul Calibur IV, which was rather disappointing.

I've never understood the appeal of fighting games. The only reason I play SSBB is so I can once and for all prove that Mario is greater then Sonic... over and over again.

I've never understood the appeal of fighting games. The only reason I play SSBB is so I can once and for all prove that Mario is greater then Sonic... over and over again.

I assure you, I am within a similar boat. However, Soul Calibur was a title that spent some time developing the world and the events therein and generally making it immersive and deep enough to keep the casual players interested. The tales of all of the characters were interwoven in one form or another and the combat was fun, making it a great party-game. Overall, it was a series that offered a level of fun and depth that few fighting games could deliver. The combat was also smooth and easy to pickup, yet difficult to master(SCI and II.)

Soul Calibur III received a new director and the designs, character development and tales became too influenced by anime, and before long-- cliche's were overplayed and becoming cringe-worthy, weakening the game as a result. IV shifted the story right to the very back, causing the character's tales to appear as appalling shallow commercials(akin to Tekken) rather than making them believable enough, which they once were. The graphics were brought to the forefront(as is the modern-day habit) as well as the character customization and "guest" characters; guests which were Darth Vader, Yoda and the Secret Apprentice(the force unleashed) all appearing within a title that is loosely set in the early 16th Century. All unecessary additions, and additions that annoyed many of the elder Soul Calibur fans as it caused all of the main roster to take a back seat for the sake of expanding the game's audience.

The combat engine within SCIV certainly is good, yet there is little reason for myself and others to return when the experience feels as shallow as it does. Hardcore players are not really concerned so long as they can really work with the combat engine, so they are largely content. But I think SCIV has assisted in extinguishing what remained of the original casual fans who just enjoyed playing a great game on the whole, rather than one specific aspect.

You could always do that with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games too.... Yoshi NEVER loses.

I guess the last thing I bought was microsoft points, I got castle crashers and sealife safari. I'm not a big fan of fighting games either, but I got the original Soul Caliber in the xbox live marketplace, it's good fun for 10 bucks, I don't regret buying it I'm no sure I'd buy the new one for 60 bucks though. Maybe if I see it used for cheap I'll pick it up, even people who I've played th eold one with say the new one is pretty much the same with better graphics.

You could always do that with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games too.... Yoshi NEVER loses.

I think I'll take a quality fighting game over a poorly made sports title any day of the week. Thanks anyways.

I think I'll take a quality fighting game over a poorly made sports title any day of the week. Thanks anyways.

I just like it cause I can use my Nastia Liukin mii on the gymnastics events and win gold medals. Or, I could get creative, make a Phelps, Lochte, Vanderkaay, and Lezak mii's to create THE ULTIMATE RELAY TEAM OF UNDEFEATABLE AWESOMENESS.

I've become such a cheap-butt lately. The last thing I bought was lead for mechanical pencils.

I was OBSESSED with Mortal Kombat back when I was younger. Since then I really haven't played fighters. I kinda liked Soul Calibur 2, but I didn't get too into it.

Did you see the Zero Puncuation review on the new one? He kinda tears it a new one.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/189-Soul-Calibur-IV

True. Was P-nauts the one he loved?

I thought he had two loves in his life: Psychonauts and No More Heroes. Oh, and those Bosh-whatever pickles. Then again, I haven't watched any of the videos except for one or two on YouTube since they put up that new layout and I can't get them to load. D8

I purchased Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction today. It ought to be with me within a few days.

I bought Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty, which was a fun albeit short game. I think I am going to purchase the new Mercs game today...but I'm not sure.

Is it possible to purchase a hard-copy or is it PSN only? As I own a 40GB and have roughly 10GB left: I would be hard pressed to find some room for it.

I purchased Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction today. It ought to be with me within a few days.
I bought Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty, which was a fun albeit short game. I think I am going to purchase the new Mercs game today...but I'm not sure.

Is it possible to purchase a hard-copy or is it PSN only? As I own a 40GB and have roughly 10GB left: I would be hard pressed to find some room for it.

It's PSN only but don't worry it's only like 2 Gigs. Is half you're stuff being used for downloading demos? Or are you using it for pics, music, and movies? I guess the soultion would be to buy another hard disk. You can open a flap on the side, unscrew a certain piece and gently pull out the hard disk.

It's PSN only but don't worry it's only like 2 Gigs. Is half you're stuff being used for downloading demos? Or are you using it for pics, music, and movies? I guess the soultion would be to buy another hard disk. You can open a flap on the side, unscrew a certain piece and gently pull out the hard disk.

Nonsensical firmware updates and demos sadly. I do have five Oblivion files which take up a tremendous amount of data too, which I shall delete once I no longer require them. But yes, I plan on purchasing a portable hard-drive once I have enough money to do so but for the time being I shall reserve that space. Nevertheless, apparently Europe is obtain a Blu-Wray disc copy on the 12th; then again, it is Wiki so it could may well be lying.

"Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (known as Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty in most PAL regions) is the eighth installment in the Ratchet & Clank series. It was released on the PlayStation Network in Europe and North America on August 21, 2008 and in Japan on August 22, 2008[1]. It will also be released on Blu-Ray Disc in Europe on September 12, 2008[5] . It continues from where Tools of Destruction left off, where Clank was kidnapped by the mysterious Zoni, and follows Ratchet's quest to find him. Due to its length, approximately 3-4 hours of playtime, it was released at a lower price point than most PlayStation 3 games.[6]"

Sign in to follow this