Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

A Sneak Peek at "Double Fine's 90,000 Friends"

Hey guys, glad people are enjoying this. I just wanted to quickly thank everyone (again) that submitted a clip and offer my most sincere apologies to those of you that didn't make the cut. This video had to run under a specific amount of time in order to fit into tomorrow's program so please don't take your exclusion personally. Some folks had some really interesting stories to tell and had even gone to the trouble of editing mini-documentaries of their own, but they just didn't fit in with the info we needed to get across for this presentation. One day, time permitting, I think it'd be worth it to do an extended version* just for you guys that better represents the 60+ (!) videos we received

*[No promises, but I like the idea enough to keep in mind during future downtimes]

Awesome video and editing! Thank you so much for this, and for including our video in the "90.000 friends" screen at the end.

The feels. I have them. :')

Great video. And I want to say thank you for all those who submitted clips for doing that and saying the things I couldn't find the words to express clearly.

Hey guys, glad people are enjoying this. I just wanted to quickly thank everyone (again) that submitted a clip and offer my most sincere apologies to those of you that didn't make the cut. This video had to run under a specific amount of time in order to fit into tomorrow's program so please don't take your exclusion personally. Some folks had some really interesting stories to tell and had even gone to the trouble of editing mini-documentaries of their own, but they just didn't fit in with the info we needed to get across for this presentation. One day, time permitting, I think it'd be worth it to do an extended version* just for you guys that better represents the 60+ (!) videos we received

*[No promises, but I like the idea enough to keep in mind during future downtimes]

I would love this. :D Thanks for the consideration at least! :)

Great stuff.

Makes me wish I'd submitted a video myself but I'm not so much "with the words".

Good job to those who did, you fedora wearing weirdos. :)

You are awesome!

This was freaking cool. Although many of us hoped our videos would get chosen but didn't, the end result echos our collective thoughts about Double Fine and Broken Age. Very well done!

What a way to capture the feeling & experience of Broken Age! So awesome to be a part of this; the video turned out great. In my attempt to be concise in order to meet some imaginary/arbitrary time constraint, I realize now that I ended up talking a mile a minute which probably didn't fit well into the pace of this video, so I'm even more thrilled that a clip of mine made the cut. Thanks Double Fine/2PP for including us in all of the ways you do, and thanks to everyone who submitted – I've watched some of these videos multiple times and it was great to see them all again alongside their inspiration.

Also...

Sorry my audio quality was so bad. It's really noticeable compared to the other videos.

...you're not alone! I used my home studio equipment (which I quickly learned is not adaptable to video recording) and mine still turned out pretty rough. I was shooting for appropriate volume compared to some of the other videos, and while I achieved my goal it was unfortunately accompanied by a torrent of noise. Obviously, however, 2PP did a great job dealing with our messes. :)

Well, on June 13 at 10am Pacific Time (5pm GMT) at the Horizon indie event run by Venus Patrol, we will be debuting "Double Fine's 90,000 Friends," 2 Player Productions' creation based on those videos!

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but if you want to watch said event, it's being livestreamed here:

horizon.venuspatrol.com

- or -

www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-watch-horizon-indie-game-conference

I know I'll be watching!

(Source: @brandonnn)

That'd be awesome :) See if this did happen, would it be possible to give backers who may have just missed out on submitting their video a window to send one in? I started making one but then saw you guys had all you needed!

Really happy to be part of this little adventure that we are having together. Wish I could have said better things in the video I posted. Anyway, awesome job for making the video!

That'd be awesome :) See if this did happen, would it be possible to give backers who may have just missed out on submitting their video a window to send one in? I started making one but then saw you guys had all you needed!

I suppose you could, but know that the more videos there are, the longer it will take to get an extended cut done.

I suppose you could, but know that the more videos there are, the longer it will take to get an extended cut done.

What? You don't have the time to edit together 90,000 videos? (I also regret not making one, but…)

This is an awesome video! Now I really regret I couldn't make a clip to submit, though the chances of it getting chosen would've been slim. (And I probably would've ended up with most of the footage consisting of me thanking Tim for creating Grim Fandango, since that game pretty much saved my life at one point...)

Really, this kind of community feedback is heartwarming.

And Broken Age looks amazing!!!

Gah! What a tease! Kellee Santiago, former President of thatgamecompany, now a part of Indie Fund, has announced that TWO new games from Double Fine are being funded from them. WAAAANNNNTTTT MOOOOOORRRREEEE!

Damn it... my big CGI animated epic of insurmountable proportions featuring Jack Nicolson, Hulk Hogan, India Arie, Jennifer Aniston and Grover didn't make the cut?

Oh wait... right... um... all the actual game footage made me go... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

(I must admit though I hope those parsers are temporary, I'd love for the game to have some exciting mouse parsers/avatars or just not ones that look like they came from before Maniac Mansion even... EVERYTHING else looks amazing!)

1. Amazing 2. I made the cut! 3. I missed the stream of the conference D: is there any where I can watch it or is it gone forever?

This turned out so great guys! And Horizon was super awesome. Thanks again for everything. And remember to flip your videos live if you'd like!

Nice job, guys - really get's the backer inspiration right :-)

- Kev

Do you guys know a link to a video of the Horizon session? I didn't have a chance to watch it live.

Any new news to come out of E3 other than this video? Gameplay, screenshots, anything?

That video offered plenty of new footage, especially gameplay footage, that was only a glimpse of in Episode 9.

If anyone wanted to link the video to their friends who didn't back, it's currently on the Double Fine YouTube channel

Sign in to follow this