Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

A Sneak Peek at "Double Fine's 90,000 Friends"

Remember when we asked you to submit videos of yourselves talking about the Double Fine Adventure campaign and what it means to you? Well, on June 13 at 10am Pacific Time (5pm GMT) at the Horizon indie event run by Venus Patrol, we will be debuting "Double Fine's 90,000 Friends," 2 Player Productions' creation based on those videos!

Well, it won't quite be a debut. Because the real debut is right now, just for backers! Please don't leak this until tomorrow—but you know the drill already. Here you go:

[vimeo]68164131[/vimeo]

We know you're waiting for Episode 10, too. So here's an update from 2PP's Paul Levering explaining what's going on:

Documentary Update

Hey everybody, sorry for the delay on episode 10! We’re currently jamming away on it and the expected release date is June 21 (on or around there). I believe it was mentioned that this episode posed some unique challenges that require us to shoot for longer than usual, and it’s been quite the undertaking to put it together. We also had support for the Humble Bundle and MASSIVE CHALICE to handle, but that extra time allowed the DFA story to develop enough that we could close that thread out in a single episode.

Currently everyone is working at full capacity! Paul Owens continues to build episode 10, Asif has been working on the backer video, Marc is finishing up a new Sidequest, and I’m producing video content for the MASSIVE CHALICE campaign.

We’re comfortable with our ability to simultaneously support both DFA and MC, and we’re taking steps to adjust and improve our workflow. There are hurdles in place that currently are slowing us down, but hopefully in the coming month or so we can have those out of the way! We’ll let you guys know when the new plan swings into effect!

Currently there is a ton of content being released for MASSIVE CHALICE, so if you’re interested in learning more about Brad and some other team members at Double Fine, swing by the Kickstarter and check them out! These videos are much longer and simpler than what you’ve come to expect from the DFA material, and we’re planning to find ways to differentiate the two series. MC will likely be more driven by technical development, something many of you have been asking for but is difficult to get across with DFA.

Thanks for your patience, we’re looking forward to giving you episode 10! It will be worth the wait.

That was really great! I sadly didn't get a chance to submit a video, but the clips there are really good and echo my sentiments. It's been one hell of a ride so far.

There also were some new peeks at Broken Age gameplay. Very nice!

Every time I see the "and 90,000 of our friends" it makes me get goosebumps in a good way. And the soundtrack is killing my heart, similarly, in a good way.

Smiles

I loved this video! You guys put it together wonderfully :) I especially loved the fact that I was IN IT! :D WOOT! and that other indie Developers like me are finding inspiration from the process you all have opened up for us :)

SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL!

I wish I could get an mp3 of the song used throughout the video now and just leave it on repeat. It's perfect.

Great work guys! I had a big cheesy smile for that whole video. Sums up the journey so far perfectly. Can't wait to see whats to come! Hope you guys are having a great E3!

That was beautiful. I am regretting SO much not having had the time to record my own video. Not so it would have been picked for the main video (heck no! my english is awful!) but just, JUST to be part of the whole thing. There is passion in the selected ones.

Keep up the awesome work. :-)

Holy hell the game looks great!

I don't mean this to sound too surprised (because I did trust you guys) and this video is also meant to be about the backers but

HOLY HELL THE GAME LOOKS SO GREAT!

the excitement is literally killing me, but I will hold on until the game is finished.

Incredible. Props, guys, the game is looking amazing, and on a side note, i'm just really happy that something like kickstarter came along so projects like this could happen.

THOSE EMOTIONS, MAN, CAN'T HANDLE THEM.

Double Fine, as always, are awesome.

And you Backers? You're pretty damn good as well :)

Fantastic video. My shared emotions towards this project, all summed up by people who feels the same way. (Adventure gaming IS NOT dead!)

Nothing beat the time just checking the kickstarter page and see the pledges grow, I felt so happy for Tim and the crew.

So sad that we didn't make the cut with our kids. I think Broken Age is great for kids from other countries learning English, and that is the message our kids wanted to share, but we posted late to the forum because of the floods here in Central Europe :(

The video looks amazing and if it doesn't twinge the strings of people at E3, go eat their hearts. With some salt. More seriously, it's an awesome video, glad to see it show a lovely condensed version of the journey so far with everyone and really loving the music too.

This video put a smile on my face. And a happy/excited/heartfelt tear in my eye. The best kind. In all seriousness, this is wonderful. All of the clips and snippets seem to echo my thoughts on the project and this whole journey we've all been on, which by far has been inspirational and incredible thus far. Excellent work!

Also, count me among the many people who want to play that song on repeat; it's so beautiful!

Just in case anybody's hunting for the original videos, most of them are hiding in this thread (there were one or two that I hadn't previously spotted, so some may have been submitted via other means).

Somebody with more time than me should totally make a shortlist of the videos which were featured :D

Video looks great - I'm very happy and proud to be sharing this with my 90,000 backer cohorts ^_^

That was totally great!

And, I'm glad you were able to get something out of my long ramble! :)

So sad that we didn't make the cut with our kids. I think Broken Age is great for kids from other countries learning English, and that is the message our kids wanted to share, but we posted late to the forum because of the floods here in Central Europe :(

You made it onto the "90,000 backers" screen at least. :)

Sign in to follow this