Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

A Sneak Peek at "Double Fine's 90,000 Friends"

Great video, I too watched with a grin on my face and a few tears threatening to spill out. The music is still hauntingly beautiful, and feeling the emotion transmitted our fellow backers was awesome. Thank you so much, 2PP!! :)

As an aside, I would like to second ChrisMacDee's request. I deeply regret not sending a video, and *if* an extended cut wound up being a reality, I'd very much like to submit an entry, whether it ended up in the final cut or not.

That's nice.

Glad to see people of all types are excited. White guys with glasses, white guys with no hair, white guys in their 40s, white guys in their 20s, white guys in their 30s, a few white girls, white guys with dark hair.

There is so much heart in this video. So much heart in this whole thing. It makes my day whenever I see a new episode pop up in my email. The torment, the wonder, the omg what now? This is how the creative process works. I love that Double Fine has thrown back the curtain and tried this. Obviously, so do a lot of other people.

That's nice.

Glad to see people of all types are excited. White guys with glasses, white guys with no hair, white guys in their 40s, white guys in their 20s, white guys in their 30s, a few white girls, white guys with dark hair.

Dude, I am a Malaysian-born Chinese who is excited with the game too!

Made me tear up. You guys did such an amazing job weaving the different pieces together.

I was kinda sad though! My "rest assured, adventure games are not dead" bit didn't make the final cut. Either way I freaking loved it, thank you so much for including everyone in this amazing visual piece.

Oh my God! What?! I'm in it! I mean, for like, a second and a half, but still!

This video gives me all sorts of chills. :) It's cool to see a bunch of the backer videos together in one cohesive little story.

That's nice.

I have to admit, until the end, I found myself thinking through most of the video "Did seriously only ONE woman submit to this thing?" They tucked a couple more short clips with women in at the end, but still, yeah, it felt a little lopsided.

They included several non-Americans, and one token non-pasty-white-guy guy, but overall, yeah, the homogeneity gave me the same queasy feeling that Indie Game Movie gave me: "Either this depiction isn't a representative depiction of this community, which is sad...or it is a representative depiction, and that's even sadder..."

The video itself seems to be a pretty representative sampling of the videos that were posted in the other thread - I agree that it's sad to not see more diversity, but I don't think that DF/2PP should be taking any blame for the apparent bias.

it's actually pretty cool to watch the process of making a game and for the "making of" part of the game to be so open, it's basically the opposite of AAA games that are so secretive and have so much control of the message they want to provide, whereas this seems like you're saying "here is how we make a game and this is the game we are making (no spoilers) so make your own mind up" and i like that approach, obviously because we have already backed the game it is a bit different than you trying to sell us the game, but i think more games would benefit from showing more of the process and getting some early feedback

OMG...the game looks F**** AMAZING!

QUESTION: Does the game zoom so much (like in the shower scene) or it was only for the video?

it would be really cool if it zooms!

Fantastic video! Congratulations to everyone involved. Also the game is looking really good!

I just watched the stream only to find that I was in it! (At the very end after the vid)! Made my day! :D

EDIT: I'm in the youtube vid but not the Vimeo one, what's up with that?

I just watched the stream only to find that I was in it! (At the very end after the vid)! Made my day! :D

The youtube vid must have been taken from the Horizon stream:

Didn't make it in :/

Awesome video nonetheless! :D

Isn't that you at about 31:20 on the Horizon stream (http://www.twitch.tv/venuspatrol/b/416450563)?

It's not part of the backer video but they likely put it in just after it for a few laughs. Congratulations on your newly acquired internet fame. :D

The youtube vid must have been taken from the Horizon stream:

Didn't make it in :/

Awesome video nonetheless! :D

Isn't that you at about 31:20 on the Horizon stream (http://www.twitch.tv/venuspatrol/b/416450563)?

It's not part of the backer video but they likely put it in just after it for a few laughs. Congratulations on your newly acquired internet fame. :D

I thought the same thing, but the stream has all messed up audio so it couldn't be.

amazing! thank you everyone at double fine and 2pp. you never cease to amaze and make me feel like I'm part of a bigger thing

The video is great! Very nice to see a little more gameplay. Also, yay, I got in for a wee, wee bit!

Great job again on the video, I watch it every day. Also thanks for fitting me in it. Also, I was wonder if I could post the video on my facebook to show all my friends, I figured it would be ok with you guys but I wanted to ask first.

Great job again on the video, I watch it every day. Also thanks for fitting me in it. Also, I was wonder if I could post the video on my facebook to show all my friends, I figured it would be ok with you guys but I wanted to ask first.

I believe you are free to post it around!

Smiles

Awesome video guys! I can't believe how good this turned out, you are truly masters of editing!

1:09 is that Aubrey Plaza?

Sadly, no. It's just me ; )

I absolutely LOVED the backer video. Like so many others, I can relate to just about every comment on the video. Of course, still my favorite of the DF games is "Psychonauts"! I'm so hoping that "Broken Age" gives me as many thrills and smiles and high moments as "Psychonauts"!

Thanks again, guys! It's been GREAT getting to know you through all your documentary videos.

Just watched the video, that was brilliant... I haven't had a chance to participate in the forums properly yet - but fellow backers - you seem awesome!

Also - that theme literally gives me chills. The new footage looks great! Can't wait.

This was done so well. I must admit I had my doubts but you blew me away with this one :)

This might be a dumb question, but in this article it was talked about the (beta?) release of episode 10.

Since I have a backer access I was asking myself how and where (and when) do I get access to the actual game,

I also haven't actual a game key or such.

Did I miss something?

Short version: game is not released yet.

Long version: The game is in still in alpha stage at DoubleFine and the release it aimed at later this year. They plan to give us a window release in a few weeks (or less ?) as they are finalizing the scope of the entire game.

Hope that helped,

Cheers,

Seb

This might be a dumb question, but in this article it was talked about the (beta?) release of episode 10.

Episode 10 of the documentary. The game isn't episodic.

Sign in to follow this