Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobsayshilol

Multiplayer Mod for Spacebase DF-9

Hi anyone reading this thread!

I started working on a multiplayer mod for Spacebase a while ago, then forgot about it (because of Uni and stuff), then I remembered it about 3 days ago and decided to continue trying to make it.

I have the following working so far:

- Time control

- Building areas, walls and doors

- Changing doors

- Zoning areas

- Job changes

I have yet to make these bits:

- Character movements and thoughts are the same on all connected clients

- Meteor impacts

- Fix bugs that were in the standard game

- Add goals (maybe)

- Add competitive mode (maybe)

Once I have a working mod I will upload the source code so you can try it out.

I will update this post as more things are changed.

Here's a video showing it in its current state:

Thanks for reading!

Seriously that's so cool! It's especially flattering that you'd spend your free time messing around in our little thing we made. You are super cool.

Looks like I wasn't the only one with this idea, The compiled LUA files with Spacebase can be decompiled in a reasonably useable state and I was able to fix a few bugs for my own sake this way (like displaying people on the job board that are dead and the frequency of meteorite strikes) but I wasn't sure on the legalities of putting it out there.

Multiplayer seems awesome, and definitely more ambitious then I would ever want to go, good work.

Thanks for the comments you 3 - especially 2 DF employees!

I haven't been able to make any edits to the mod since posting the original message due to some technical hitches between my laptop and main computer, but hopefully I should have them fixed and the mod finished soon. Also this is my first time coding in lua, so it will probably have more bugs than usable parts and may take a lot longer than it would for anyone else to make it.

Sign in to follow this