Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 10: Part One of Something Great

That would be nice, but is also incredibly unlikely. :-)

2PP was so far never able to release a followup episode within a month. But I won't complain if it happens. ;)

Hey Double Fine and fellow fans. I was a slacker backer, and have only just caught up in the last week. This is my first post!

1) What a rush! 2 Player and Double Fine are taking me for a ride. I thought Amnesia Fortnight was a blast. This is 10x crazier.

2) Sad to see this sort of struggle, but I can't think of a job I ever did where this didn't happen. Good companies always make space for making the cooler product even if it cuts a little into profits. In the long run, Broken Age will sell more copies. The idea of selling early reminds me of the TellTale games which ended up working out for them after Walking Dead. So, it could be done. All right. Kickstarter funds not making enough? Nah. Not asking for enough to start with? Not since they didn't know this would happen. In one of the first episodes they said Stacking / Brutal Legend took millions to make. I'd say keep those budget people on board and be really careful with Massive Chalice because it made one third of the money that Broken Age did. And for whatever project comes on AFTER both of these games, maybe things will go better. :)

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON.

Edit: Elsewhere in the adventure game world, KickBack a team of two just spent two years on their adventure game for iOS: http://www.kickback-studios.com

Thanks for the episode! Game looks amazing!!

I think you are doing the correct. Good job!!

I wonder if 2PP has footage of Greg and Tim reading forum posts, hahaha. Would love to see their reactions ;-)

I wonder if 2PP has footage of Greg and Tim reading forum posts, hahaha. Would love to see their reactions ;-)

Yeah, this would be interesting to see :)

And then we comment regarding their video reading the forum post

Or the backers film themselves reading their posts

Are 2PP filming as they are reading this right now?

Oh, my head hurts.

Getting my money worth from the documentary (episodes), which I think it was the main selling point of the Kickstarter, I'll happily buy the game (if it's good)

And then we comment regarding their video reading the forum post

Or the backers film themselves reading their posts

Are 2PP filming as they are reading this right now?

Oh, my head hurts.

Oh no! The quantum paradox is too much! Boom!

I'm very excited about the game, and i think splitting it into 2 parts is a great idea... helps get the core idea out there for non-backers to try a product. Giving extra funding for the completion of the game... as well as building Hype for the next installment.

I know i will be the guy who refuses to play it til both parts are out to play it all in one go. I hate cliff hangers, these documentaries drive me insane... (in a good way) cuz i never know when the next one is going to come out.

Though i know I'll likely crack and play part one and hate myself... lol, then my real wait will begin.

Was DF trying to secure additional funding since the KS ended (as others have done)?

Because it seems like you guys just hit a wall one day of No Money, and acted like you didn't expect this to happen.

Hi guys. Considering this episode was released just over a month ago, is there an estimated release for Episode 11?

Hi guys. Considering this episode was released just over a month ago, is there an estimated release for Episode 11?

Best advice is not to pay attention to it, cuz the time between episodes is really inconsistent. (which isn't bad, each episode has a different story to tell. meaning allocating and capturing the right moments for the arc may take longer)

It will come out when its ready, you'll just go crazy asking when its coming... cuz they can give you an estimate, but they could still be 2-3 weeks off. has happened before. I understand your concern.....

Some how this turned into a rant, my apologies. I'd expect the next episode anytime between now and mid September... id expect a good majority will be about the media's backlash on allocating more funds (which is just a common issue in games design) and them explaining their point of view clearer.

i'll take this time to begin a new topic.... What do you guys expect to see in the next episode. Theories, hopes, etc?

I'm definitely not worried about it. I know they try to keep it roughly one per month so I thought they might have an eta by now.

Showing the reality of game development here.

It's really brave of them to do it in this way, I feel I got my money's worth just with these documenties. I look forward to it being finished (but please make sure you take your time)

I trust you guys to do what is best for the game. You are on the ground, we are only spectating. You know the game design business, we don't. If you think it's best to release part of the game in January, then I'm behind that decision. Looks like you're all doing an excellent job so far, and I have enough confidence in everybody involved to make the best decision.

I think the idea is fine. If the backers had to wait until 2015 I think they'd survive. The question isn't really so much what the hard core backers think -- that money has been long spent, and you don't need to convince them to open their wallets. The real question is, how can you finish the game properly?

It's important to remember that what backers bought into was the game development process -- watching sausage get made and all, remember? This decision is part of that sausage. Seeing the anguish that goes into deciding how to bring in more money to finish a game is a part of what we paid for.

We all know what needs to happen for the game to be all it can be. More money has to be brought in. So bring it in. Bring in fresh blood. Get a new group of people interested via the Steam "Early Access" system.

The backers shouldn't look at this like it's some sort of compromise -- this is the game getting made, right before your eyes. This is how you make ends meet when you run out of options.

I love the way the art and animation is looking on the game. The watercolor and stencil look is amazing!

Keep it up!

I have watched most episodes a couple of times and eveything works except this episode, nr 10, which I haven't been able to play other when it recently was released. (Ipad/Safari).

This episode isn't playing when you click the "Switch to other player" option below the video.

Finally, it's here![vimeo]69527676[/vimeo]

To avoid spoilers I didn't watch these until after finishing Act 1. The problem I'm having is that this video doesn't work. The first 9 parts worked with the "other video" alternate link (none worked with the embedded link). This part doesn't work AT ALL. Can you email me it or repost it or something? I'm really loving this documentary series and was excited to get caught up. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this