Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ClapBedon

We love you Double Fine!!

There's a lot of talk from non-backers on the forums. Talking for us. Putting words into our mouths like we somehow only wanted the game made for 400k (Hah!) it's good to come back here and realize the people that still believed in this project, the ones who are here for the adventure, are in it for the long run.

Heart you!

A hunk of burning love! I certainly won't complain that we're getting a better product than we could have ever hoped for!! Have to wait a bit? No problemo! I'm sure Shadowrun and Wasteland 2 will keep me busy until I get my hands on Broken Age! Do whatever's best for the game Double Fine!

You guys, as always, are the best. Thanks for all the love and support!

It's been a rough week, and there's a lot of misinformation out there.

But hopefully it will die down soon. Meanwhile, we will keep plugging away at this awesome game!

Love,

Tim

Double Fine. I haven't loved everything you've done, but I've liked most of it, and loved a good chunk of it. But you're my favourite studio because you have never made me feel like I'm being spun. Everything you do feels honest, to me, and the more open you get the more honest it feels. So it's a real shame to see people who maybe haven't been following Double Fine as closely as me and others assume shenanigans, when what I see is a group of very talented people trying as hard as they can to give us the best game possible.

Maybe I'm just naive, but none of this has shaken my trust in DF as a studio. I think you've behaved as well as you can possibly be expected when faced with a very tricky decision, and I will continue to support you wherever I can!

Love!

more love.

Also I don't mind waiting a bit more if that gets a better game. We already have enough fast crappy crafted games on the market.

Some criticism has been fair, most has been off-base an unduly harsh but this backer is happy with the open communication from Double Fine and the direction you have chosen to go. Ultimately I want to play an awesome adventure game and if you feel this is the best way to deliver the most awesome game you can then you have my trust and support! :)

My support for the team, the game and all of DF remains as intact as ever. In the end, there will be more game than we could reasonably have hoped at the start. After these trials and tribulations are a thing of the past, a thing of beauty we will have to behold.

Being upset with someone for accidentally "designing too much game" is as mad as being upset with someone for baking too much pie.

So go forth. Write game. I'll make more pie.

Pie.

The announcement that we now finally have a release plan for a game that's going to be even bigger and more awesome than expected (why did no journalist spin the news in this positive way?) has totally overshadowed the gorgeous new gameplay footage that was in the documentary episode. The game is looking amazing!

So here's some love from me! (where are those fun pills and sleds when we need them?)

Yeah, I'll chip in with some love. I've enjoyed watching the documentaries far more than I thought I would, and what I see is a team of charming and intelligent people, working with dedication, passion and possibly a little too much ambition on project that they clearly love. So yeah, tough week for the Broken Age team I'm sure, but stay the course and shut up your critics with a great game. it looks awesome so far.

Haters gonna hate!

I hope this humbug dies down soon enough. Meanwhile keep your minds focused on making a kick ass game! Stop reading the web, even I can not read the news and comments anymore because it affects my moods :D As a fellow developer I can totally relate to your feeling of trying to provide the best possible product and ingeniously manage to do it and instead of praise you get bucket loads of crap.

Love and happiness and sunshine and all that!

I have really enjoyed the time I've spent following this project and I have no doubt DF will deliver.

Yeah, I might as well jump on lovewagon. Love love love. The game looks really cool and you all seem like people I'd grab a beer with. Especially Bagel.

Take all the time you want, as far as I'm concerned. Make sure that the final product is something you're all proud of.

I'm looking forward to playing Broken Age, no matter when it's released or what publishing model Double Fine decides to use. Until then, I've got hours and hours of footage from the documentary to gush over and a (mostly) cheerful community to follow. Backing this project has already turned out to be one of the most rewarding investments I've ever made.

I've been trying to get myself to walk to work instead of taking the bus every day recently. I'll try to leave the bus fare I save by walking in the tip jar every week day from now on.

I love double fine too... my wife and I played almost all their games, and loved every one. In fact, my wife's birthday is coming up....think I'll get her a Psychonauts t-shirt.

I've already gotten my money's worth seeing how the game is being made. I have full faith they will get the game done and it will be great!

Sending love into the future!

hr8lYMBf090

Haters gonna hate; Backers gonna back. Jus' sayin'.

<3

A lesser game company would go "We can't afford the time or money to make this awesome game we planned, so lets just not make it. Knife goes in, game-guts come out! Hey everyone, game releases next month! Give us your monies n00bs!"

I love that you guys are making this game as awesome as you can.

DFA already is the best 15 bucks I've ever spent on a game (or sausage) - I love you all, guys! Thank you for this great adventure, and don't let those suckers spoil our fun!

Hugs for all the team, I'm proud of you!

- One of your 90,000 loyal friends

Edit - had forgotten one zero!

Selling shares in Love? I'll buy some of those please!

Love your work Double Fine, love the love!

Sign in to follow this