Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SunMar

What is the scope/budget now? Last episode+update raises more questions than answers.

Hi,

Maybe it's me, but what is the scope and budget now of the game? The last episode and update talks about a lot of things, but for me they only raised more questions than answers.

In the beginning it's all horror with the schedule going all the way to July 2015, the game having to be cut by 75% and being much smaller in scope than Grim Fandango or even Full Throttle. At the end it is decided to release the game in two parts, but never answers the questions how big the game will be. It may not be cut 75%, but is it now cut 50%, 25%? And what about the scope? Is it a game like Grim Fandango, or the smaller Full Throttle, or is it still smaller than Full Throttle? I honestly haven't got a clue after reading the last update and watching the last episode. All I can do is guess an interpretation.

It's quite frustrating that we are told some guestimate horrors about schedule, money and scope, and then in the end only hear what your solution means in terms of schedule. You almost completely lack to tell what the solution means in terms of money and scope, which in my opinion are far more important than schedule. Ok, if the game is delayed until mid-2015 I'm not going to be happy, but whether it's late-2013 or mid-2014, I honestly do not care. It just means a longer documentary :). What I do care about is what's happening with the funds (what is the budget of the game now, how much is spend, how much is spend by the time you release part 1, and how much do you still need to raise to finish part 2), and what kind of game we can expect in terms of scope when you release it.

Regards,

Marijn.

In may they said they weren't through the 2.2 mil money yet so they might be just over budget now.

Probably 25% cut from what had to go for 2015 tim said the 50% cut was if they didn't do pre-release.

Will the game be cut 90%? Will Tim shave off his soul patch? Will there be more anal dildo jokes?

Stay tuned for the next episode!

The schedule they had way back (I think it's in episode 7) showed them needing 4.1 mil to make it to September (not 4.1 extra, 4.1 total) so if they strictly stuck to the kickstarter money I think they'd be running out right around now.

Sign in to follow this