Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Double Fine Action Cast Discussion

Here we discuss episodes of the

DOUBLE FINE ACTION CAST

It's our official studio podcast, officially recorded in our studio! Check out all the episodes here.

LATEST EPISODE:

The Composers, Part 2

In the conclusion to our thrilling two-part podcast series, "The Composers," the composers answer questions from you, the audience! Well, maybe not you, if you didn't send any in. But definitely people. Join Peter McConnel (Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Broken Age), Austin Wintory (Journey, Kinect Party, Monaco), Brian Min (The Cave, Middle Manager of Justice), and Chris Remo (Spacebase DF-9, Thirty Flights of Loving) for more talk about music and games.

Featuring: Austin Wintory, Brian Min, Chris Remo, Peter McConnell

- Download MP3

- iTunes page

- RSS feed

- Episode permalink

The Composers, Part 1

The Action Cast becomes a bit more distinguished, as it hosts frequent Double Fine collaborators and acclaimed composers Peter McConnell (Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Broken Age) and Austin Wintory (Journey, Kinect Party, Monaco). They sit down with fellow composers Brian Min and Chris Remo to discuss their work on Double Fine's games, and their careers to date.

Featuring: Peter McConnell, Austin Wintory, Brian Min, Chris Remo

- Download MP3

- iTunes page

- RSS feed

- Episode permalink

Ah, neat, I always love hearing composers talk about their music, and Peter McConnell is a legend. I'll listen to this as soon as I have some time.

Great podcast! Looking forward to part 2. You should do more of those, for example with Peter Chan, Scott C and Bagel on creating (concept) art for video games.

I was wondering why Austin didn't write the theme for Happy Action Theater. Did he have too much to write already or was Peter considered a better fit for that? I love McConnell's compositions. That music sketch for Broken Age that was aired during Levi's art stream is breathtakingly beautiful. It made me even more excited for the game.

that was a sweet listen! great initiative to make a podcast on this subject, whoever it was that thought of it. (chris?) it was a treat out of the blue, much appreciated!

Great podcast! Looking forward to part 2. You should do more of those, for example with Peter Chan, Scott C and Bagel on creating (concept) art for video games.

I was wondering why Austin didn't write the theme for Happy Action Theater. Did he have too much to write already or was Peter considered a better fit for that? I love McConnell's compositions. That music sketch for Broken Age that was aired during Levi's art stream is breathtakingly beautiful. It made me even more excited for the game.

Happy Action Theater was developed before Austin's involvement; he came on for Kinect Party. And yeah I agree about Peter's Broken Age work we've heard so far, it's really extraordinary.

Happy Action Theater was developed before Austin's involvement; he came on for Kinect Party. And yeah I agree about Peter's Broken Age work we've heard so far, it's really extraordinary.

I have Psychonauts' soundtrack (both digitally and the cd's you guys sold a couple of years ago) and I got Brütal's soundtrack for pre-ordering the Steam-version (I think - it's my favorite work-music at the moment, and I'm not even a Metalhead!). Any chance we'll ever get downloadable versions of the other soundtracks, like Costume Quest and Stacking? I know there are probably all sorts of licensing issues with that stuff, but I'd love to keep a complete collection of DF-music.

Thank you for the podcast, Mr. Remo! I subscribed to the DFACast on iTunes, and I've been listening to it as I draw. I loved Peter McConnell's work on the Sly Cooper soundtracks, and I was really happy to find out that he'd done the music for Psychonauts as well. I love the interactions and discussions between the two composers.

I have Psychonauts' soundtrack (both digitally and the cd's you guys sold a couple of years ago) and I got Brütal's soundtrack for pre-ordering the Steam-version (I think - it's my favorite work-music at the moment, and I'm not even a Metalhead!). Any chance we'll ever get downloadable versions of the other soundtracks, like Costume Quest and Stacking? I know there are probably all sorts of licensing issues with that stuff, but I'd love to keep a complete collection of DF-music.

I know the Humble Indie Bundle versions of Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Stacking, Costume Quest, and Amnesia Fortnight 2012 all came with soundtracks. I'm not sure about the non-Steam versions of the last three.

I'm pretty sure the Costume Quest and Stacking music was available as part of the Humble Double Fine Bundle. I think the reason we've never released it is because those games have such a small amount of total music, so there wasn't all that much to release. But maybe we could do a combo release or something.

Chris, a couple of questions.

Are you going to have more involvement in creating music for Double Fine games any time in the future? I really enjoyed your work on Spacebase and Thirty Flights.

Will the soundtrack for Dropchord become available at some point after the game is released?

The Composers, Part 2

In the conclusion to our thrilling two-part podcast series, "The Composers," the composers answer questions from you, the audience! Well, maybe not you, if you didn't send any in. But definitely people. Join Peter McConnel (Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Broken Age), Austin Wintory (Journey, Kinect Party, Monaco), Brian Min (The Cave, Middle Manager of Justice), and Chris Remo (Spacebase DF-9, Thirty Flights of Loving) for more talk about music and games.

Featuring: Austin Wintory, Brian Min, Chris Remo, Peter McConnell

- Download MP3

- iTunes page

- RSS feed

- Episode permalink

Been quite a while since last time, hasn't it? I hoped for one from the SpaceBase DF-9 crew when that went Early Access, but I guess those guys were busy:) I hope we can at least get a concluding session on the AF2014 just like we got AF2012.

Sign in to follow this