Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Manny19

What's got your juices flowing?

So, I'm tired about all this post-chapter 10 discussion and I want to talk about how great the game is looking so far.

What have you seen so far that's got your juices flowing and excited about the game?

For me it's all the little details, all the technical effect that they're overlaying onto the artwork.

The shiny floors, the flashing lights and the little cloud puffs underfoot. It really compliments the artwork and takes

immersion to the next level.

GO!

The bird that drops the ladder. It's the first hint of puzzles to come. But also the art, backgrounds and animations. At the beginning I doubted the direction the art was going to take, but now when I see the game it looks really good to me.

The bird that drops the ladder. It's the first hint of puzzles to come. But also the art, backgrounds and animations. At the beginning I doubted the direction the art was going to take, but now when I see the game it looks really good to me.

Yeah, the lighting system that Lee went through really makes the difference, adding that polished feel.

It's a reminder of what I miss from an adventure game by Tim Schafer. What excites me is that we're not just getting some relic of an adventure game, we're getting the game Tim and his team would have made if they hadn't stopped making adventures, and it's showing in every aspect of the work we've seen so far.

God, those lighting effects! Seeing the reflection of the player character in the floor. Seeing the space walk scene where rays of light come from behind the door. It feels much more dynamic and alive than just the old "slide show" adventure games I used to play. But I'm not a very nostalgic person in regards to video games. I'm more excited about new things than replicating the old.

The time they announced the game delay hit the spot.

no, no, it's just a joke.

I think seeing the process, watching the first lighting test (the lumberjack), at that point almost everything was sort of static, and then everything became dynamic and well executed doing everything I thought could be there and so much more I never even imagined they would do.

I will also say that even though I'm usually much more into fantasy than science fiction, this time around, while I like the Girl's world a lot, the Boy's awesome space ship has me PSYCHED. :D

Also, regardless of what else I think about it, it is a little neat in retrospect that a called Broken Age with two separate but parallel stories is going to also be done in two parts.

Yeah, once you can see the characters in their own world it brings the art to life.

So, now that Episode 11 is out, I can get back to this post! Yay!

So what's got my juices flowing this time is the startup screens, it's really looking pretty. Seeing that pan across that goes right down to the village and it's seamlessness from the start point made me feel warm inside.

@2PP can we have more game shots in episode please? Nothing too spoiler, just enough to give the game some chat.

@2PP can we have more game shots in episode please? Nothing too spoiler, just enough to give the game some chat.

THIS

When I see just a small snippet of the game IN MOTION I get serious goosebumps and watch those few seconds over and over again.

Just seeing glimpses of the characters interacting or even just the backgrounds has me running possible puzzles through my head. I want to feel like I'm a 386 again or something.

This one looks awesome (so much better than the cloud Sesame Street stuff).

Btw. as the image was spoiled already, does anyone know if there exists a quality still as well?

http://imageshack.com/a/img594/5289/5uov.jpg

Also reminds me of great moments such as...

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/dig/screens/dig055.gif

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/dig/screens/dig075.gif

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/dig/screens/dig099.gif

Love the sample you put up Taumel, and how reminiscent it is of "The Dig". The colour schemes and the organic design. It's beautiful. I have to say that I think Marek is going to be a super special, and memorable character. Kauffman's voice work is amazing and that certainly has my juices flowing! :-)

Sign in to follow this