Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bad1080

[solved] 360 controller anyone?

hi all!

wow my 'new topic' button just arrived - must be shipped from asia or something... ^^

my question is: is there any way to get a somewhat descent controller support on pc? maybe i am just doing something wrong here but this is my problem:

-i have the game on steam

-i want to use a xbox 360 controller (cable) on win7 (x64)

-when i start the game it recognizes the controller just fine (configuration wise), but only as player 2... well there is no player 2 here, i just want to play on my own (forever alone *sniff)

-if i click on drop out player (or whats it called) in the menu, it drops the pad player / player 2. player 1 is always on keyboard and mouse

so i want to play single player with my pad, thats all. maybe there is an easy solution for that i just overlooked. or there is an easy fix i could use.

thanks anyway for reading and in advance for any help!

kind regards

bad1080

Hi, bad. Have you tried pressing Esc to enter the menu then selecting Drop Player? That's how the player on keyboard and mouse is dropped.

-if i click on drop out player (or whats it called) in the menu, it drops the pad player / player 2. player 1 is always on keyboard and mouse

hi and thanks for the reply! yea i tried that, but maybe i was doing it wrong or didnt understand how it is working... i tried the following:

-pushing a button on my pad so second player would come up

-'selecting' player 1 by pushing input button on keyboard or mouse

-press esc then 'drop player'

all i could do i drop out player 2 with the pad controls, anything other than that sadly didnt work... what am i doing wrong? maybe i need to switch player 1 and 2 before drop out but i dunno how to do that?!?

thanks again!

It should work and I think if you dont touch the keyboard and mouse and use the gamepad to press start keyboard and mouse never get loaded.

i just thought of that myself and wanted to give it a try just now, when ur answer arrived ^^ thanks to you too!

i am going to test that right away now!

edit: yea that works! but it is not quite clear, would have been easier with an option 'controller /keyboard /mouse' or something like that.

thanks again! and i already got an new problem ^^ but i gonna need a new thread for that...

Sign in to follow this