Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bad1080

[solved] did i broke the monks quest?

hi all!

i was just going through the monastery and i may be unable to finish the quest. i did the following:

-go up with the carpets

-climb up with the monk to do the meditation

-break the thingy, push the rock, climb the rope

>but then<

-i went down to the exit and tried to open it with the monks skill

-i went back up the hill to talk to the master again, because i figured out thats what i was missing

-tried to ring the chimes or bells again with my skill but nothing happens, i mean they ring but my master isnt reacting or anything...

-i went back down to see if i could open the exit now but sadly i dont!

then i read the quide/walkthrough to see if i was missing anything but it seems i just may have done it in the wrong order...

so is there a way for me to proceed or do i have to start over again (which would suck...)?

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks for reading!

kind regards

bad1080

Hi. I'm not currently aware of any issue related to opening the exit. The only thing I can think of is when you "broke the thingy," was that portion of the puzzle fully completed?

sorry i don't quite understand the question. i try to describe it more:

when you're up there meditating with the monk (last quest), to widen your view (so the camera zooms out) you can then see a stick to your right holding up a big rock. you can break that stick with your power/skill, then the rock falls down. you can then push the rock to the right to reach the rope.

so i think you cant complete that puzzle without completing the previous part (the meditation) because otherwise you're not able to even see the stick...

i hope that's what u wanted to know. if not and u tried to point out something different please try to describe it more or differently!?

anyway thanks for the answer!

Thanks for the description. It sounds like there's still one more step to that puzzle that you haven't completed yet so once you solve that, you can open the exit.

Sign in to follow this