Sign in to follow this  
PaulloDEC

Dropchord - Android Discussion

Thought it might be handy to have a thread dedicated to Android players, so here we are!

To get the ball rolling, I'm wondering if a black-screen scenario is something the devs might be aware of? When I start the game on my Galaxy Nexus I get a black screen with the Android soft-keys down the side and nothing else. I can exit easily enough with the back or home keys.

I'm running Android 4.1.2 if that helps.

Thought it might be handy to have a thread dedicated to Android players, so here we are!

To get the ball rolling, I'm wondering if a black-screen scenario is something the devs might be aware of? When I start the game on my Galaxy Nexus I get a black screen with the Android soft-keys down the side and nothing else. I can exit easily enough with the back or home keys.

I thought the Android release wasn't until tomorrow? I myself am eagerly awaiting it; or is it just delayed in Canada. (If so, I may have to tell Dracogen on you...)

I thought the Android release wasn't until tomorrow? I myself am eagerly awaiting it; or is it just delayed in Canada. (If so, I may have to tell Dracogen on you...)

That's odd, it isn't on the Play store anymore. The press release said:

It will be released for the OUYA game console on July 31, and iOS and Android mobile devices on August 1.

...and it's currently 10am on August the 1st here in Australia, so I wasn't surprised to find it on the store this morning.

Did I get an accidental early release or something?

Well, looks like there may have been some launch hiccups. I couldn't find the game's official page on Google Play via a search, but selecting it from my transaction list took me here: http://i.picpar.com/QSs.png. Looks like a couple of others bought it before it was taken down, getting the same black screen as I did.

Yes, there was a subtle issue that caused a problem on the Google Play version (locally deployed builds were fine :P). Anyway, that's been resolved now and the version that's available now should start and play just fine.

the version that's available now

The app doesn't appear to be available at all right now. It sounds like you sent a fixed version to Google, so do we just have to wait until Google puts the app back up with the new version?

It's up on Google Play now, I bought it about ten minutes ago. I played a couple levels tho I'm at work so I'm saving more playing for later.

What's up with the device compatibility on this? I've got three different Android devices, all running Android 4.0 or greater (Nook HD+, T-mobile G2 running CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2), and a Nook Colour also running CM 10.1) and the Play store says that Dropchord is only compatible with the Nook Colour. There is also something called 'Crazy Dropchord' on the Play Store that appears to be illicit (it's package name is com.doublefine.rad.android, while the real Dropchord is com.doublefine.rad)

[edit] Looks like the device compatibility got fixed and it's compatible with all my devices now. Awesome.