Sign in to follow this  
amloessb

Dropchord on Ouya

So, I downloaded Dropchord for Ouya today since I'm a huge rhythm gaming fan, but I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Every time I hit Play, the game starts up, then immediately pauses. I can't figure out any way of getting out of the pause screen other than hitting A to end the current session. I burned both of my demo credits this way, and I'm just hoping that reinstalling will give them back.

So, is the Ouya version broken, or am I missing something?

In order to control the Chord, you have to use both analog sticks. The left analog controls one side of the Chord, the right controls the other. To pause the game, take both thumbs off the analog sticks, let them reset to the idle position, and the game will slowly pause. If you want to unpause the game, simply hold both sticks in any direction and the Chord will reconnect.

It sounds like you're entering the game, taking both fingers off the joysticks, and the game pauses. Try playing the game without ever removing your thumbs!

Hope that helps!!

Why aren't there any directions on the screen? I have 3 friends, and myself, who lost both their credits before understanding what to do. Now we have no way to try the game without buying it.

Bummer. Sorry you didn't get the hang of it before your credits were spent. :(

If I could toss you a few free credits, I would, but since that's not possible, well, I *probably* shouldn't suggest this, but, you can always delete the game and re-download it to get a couple more credits. ;)

Bummer. Sorry you didn't get the hang of it before your credits were spent. :(

If I could toss you a few free credits, I would, but since that's not possible, well, I *probably* shouldn't suggest this, but, you can always delete the game and re-download it to get a couple more credits. ;)

That easy? Will do! :) I'm sure I'll end up buying it even if that doesn't work since I appreciate Double Fine. You may want to have the developers put some directions in there for a future release on Ouya since I would guess this is happening to a lot of people.

Whoever thought of these Ouya controls was either a sadist or a genius or both. My brain development was mostly finished before dual stick controls were even invented and while I adapted quite nicely to most games using dual sticks, Dropchord makes my neurons fire in panic every which way which makes my thumbs perform random movements with all but the easiest levels. Good news is that I didn't manage to hurt myself yet.