Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Chi

MMoJ Now on Android!

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/middle_manager_of_justice_now_on_android/

For all of you guys with Android devices, you can enjoy MMoJ...for the low cost of free!

Here's the Google Play store link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doublefine.mmoj

Also, exclusive to Tegra powered Android devices are third costumes for @Man and Crimebot.

Enjoy!

Wohoo, playing on my 2012 Nexus 7, working great so far and looks super fun. Thank you, Double Fine!

Yay!! Great to hear!!! :D

Does that mean it is available on OUYA? I'm a little confused about this, just because a game is in the google store, that does not mean it is available on OUYA is it? I'd really like to see the game released on OUYA and the Gamestick consoles, since they are both Android based, shouldn't this be relatively easy? I'd also like to see some behind the scenes on converting it to an OUYA and Gamestick release, it would be really informative to see how much work is needed, thank you.

Ok, it looks like it is not that hard to get the Google play version to work on our OUYA consoles. I think Gamestick will be relatively the same.

I do not currently have a Android device, or else I would download and install Astro File Manager and use its backup option to back up MMOJ. And then I can simply copy it to my pc and then copy it to my OUYA and install it under My Software and then I can launch the game.

Another way for people who do not have an Android phone or tablet, but have the OUYA and Gamestick is for Double Fine to release the APK for MMOJ. Some developers have done this and you can simply copy it to your console and then install it under My software and launch the game.

So please DF make the APK for MMOJ available for download, if not would someone please install Astro File Manager, backup the game, and post a link. I assume that the game is free in the Google Play store. If it is not free, please ignore this post and do not post a link of the game, because if we install the game this way, the developer will not get paid for their awesome game, and that is unfair. If the game is free, please post the APK files.

Also, if anyone else knows of any good games or apps that have the APK available and have installed it on their OUYA please post them here, I like my OUYA, and I plan on installing XBMC and some emulators like dosbox, scummvm, and some consoles, but I am hoping and waiting for a killer app to be released. Hopefully an exclusive game, or some awesome remakes, I think the console is ripe for some awesome remakes.

Does that mean it is available on OUYA? I'm a little confused about this, just because a game is in the google store, that does not mean it is available on OUYA is it? I'd really like to see the game released on OUYA and the Gamestick consoles, since they are both Android based, shouldn't this be relatively easy? I'd also like to see some behind the scenes on converting it to an OUYA and Gamestick release, it would be really informative to see how much work is needed, thank you.

That is interesting. The game requires a bit of multitouch, something that the OUYA touchpad doesn't support. Also we'd have to have to controls make sense with a controller, and this is a very menu driven game. Something to definitely think about....

which Andoid version ist required? Writing a news on this on german website.

Required is Android 2.3.3

Can't find it mentioned anywhere, but does the Android version also have cloud saves or does it only save to the device?

Can't find it mentioned anywhere, but does the Android version also have cloud saves or does it only save to the device?

It only saves to the device for now. We'll look into how Android cloud saving works....

Ok. That would be cool. Would be nice to play it on my tablet every once in a while.

Another thing. My wife just switched from her old S2 to an S4. She backed the game up to her SD card before moving it over to her new phone and was able to transfer it back to the phone memory on the S4. However, all her progress was lost. She hadn't played it much yet, so it's no big deal, but I wonder if it would be possible to back up the save with the game somehow or if that's a limitation on how application data is stored on Android devices.

Ok. That would be cool. Would be nice to play it on my tablet every once in a while.

Another thing. My wife just switched from her old S2 to an S4. She backed the game up to her SD card before moving it over to her new phone and was able to transfer it back to the phone memory on the S4. However, all her progress was lost. She hadn't played it much yet, so it's no big deal, but I wonder if it would be possible to back up the save with the game somehow or if that's a limitation on how application data is stored on Android devices.

Not sure. You should be able to backup your data and restore it. We'll look into it... Thanks for the heads up!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

You can use this application to back up and restore relatively easily. There are tools for stock Android, but they're a little less user-friendly.

As for the Cloud sync from a programmer perspective, it's all right here: http://developer.android.com/training/cloudsync/backupapi.html

You could also use the new Google Play Games for achievements, cross device sync, etc, but that's much newer.

Wow, I've spent 6+ hours a day playing this gem since its release!

Are you guys planning to release new material (missions, villains, snacks, rooms and so on) or is this it?

Wow, I've spent 6+ hours a day playing this gem since its release!

Are you guys planning to release new material (missions, villains, snacks, rooms and so on) or is this it?

Glad that you're enjoying it! There is a planned update next month on both platforms! Stay tuned!

Glad that you're enjoying it! There is a planned update next month on both platforms! Stay tuned!

That's awesome news, I didn't expect such a quick update! :)

And thanks a lot for answering, by the way!

Pure Double Fine style, keep it up guys!

I found out about Android port thanks to Tegra news and wow, that's one hella addictive game. It has Double Fine written all over itself. I can't wait for Broken Age :3.

By the way, you are the first Android game I chose to use microtransaction. Not that I needed the item (the plant if you're interested) but because you deserved it.

By the way, you are the first Android game I chose to use microtransaction. Not that I needed the item (the plant if you're interested) but because you deserved it.

Same here. I played Tapped Out for a while, expecting it to somehow get more fun as I played, but eventually decided it was just a cheap cash-in with the actual content spread paper thin and quit. If the donuts hadn't been so ridiculously expensive I might have found it worth it to buy the smallest pack. All the short conversations at the beginning of fights in MMoJ and the attention to detail in animations and backgrounds had me thoroughly enjoying the game. I got both the copier and the plant and thought they was well worth it. I do have a lot more coins than I can possibly spend now though.

I wanted to say too that I am enjoying the game as well (started playing it on my Nexus 10 tablet).

I know cloud saves aren't officially supported so I used the Helium App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup.license

to copy the save game to my Galaxy Nexus to play during slow times at work :)

But when I try to restore the game back to my tablet, it's as if it did not restore the game and continued where I left off on the tablet.

Has anyone had this issue using Helium or have a better backup/restore program? Or can we use a file explorer and just copy the save over ourselves?

You guys should try to implement the Google Play game services as mentioned earlier in this thread :)

https://developers.google.com/games/services/

According to that page the save is cross platform meaning it your save will work on Android, iOS, or even the web.

Hope to see future updates in the game soon!

PS: I hope you guys can fix the issue where hitting the android "back" button does not exit out of the game completely but instead go back menus and options like the back button does in other games :)

I wanted to say too that I am enjoying the game as well (started playing it on my Nexus 10 tablet).

I know cloud saves aren't officially supported so I used the Helium App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup.license

But when I try to restore the game back to my tablet, it's as if it did not restore the game and continued where I left off on the tablet.

Has anyone had this issue using Helium or have a better backup/restore program? Or can we use a file explorer and just copy the save over ourselves?

You guys should try to implement the Google Play game services as mentioned earlier in this thread :)

According to that page the save is cross platform meaning it your save will work on Android, iOS, or even the web.

PS: I hope you guys can fix the issue where hitting the android "back" button does not exit out of the game completely but instead go back menus and options like the back button does in other games :)

Oh! I've never heard of using Helium to save the game and restore on a different device. I haven't tried to use a file explorer to copy over a save game, but I'd imagine that it would work! And we're definitely going to make the back button work properly. An update with that should be out soonish.

Oh! I've never heard of using Helium to save the game and restore on a different device. I haven't tried to use a file explorer to copy over a save game, but I'd imagine that it would work! And we're definitely going to make the back button work properly. An update with that should be out soonish.

DF Kee, is it possible to copy the MMoJ save game file over between Android devices, or do I need root?

I hope you guys will add native cloud save to this game so we won't have to mess with this in the future. :)

Big issue, probably a development oversight, as this game was built with Iphone in mind.

Android devices have a return button. Now most apps use it to back out of a menu, while in MMoJ, the return button closes the app completely.

Not sure if it's my phone or the MMoJ app, but putting the screen to sleep mode, and turning back on, the game is frozen and has to be restarted.

Howdy.

- Saves files should be able to transfer between Android devices without rooting.

- The Return button issue has been noted and will be addressed in a future update.

- JelDeRebel, which device are you using? That behavior is definitely not as intended.

Sign in to follow this