Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Can't download Android version

I keep getting an error message every time I click to install the game. It reads "Middle Manager of Justice" could not be downloaded due to an error. (481)

Is my phone not supported or something? Is this a problem I should go to Google about instead of you guys?

Are you downloading it direct from your device?

If you have access to a PC, have you tried the remote install feature? Also, at that point it will also tell you if your device is compatible or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doublefine.mmoj

I've just done remote push to both my S3 and Galaxy Tab and both without error.

Also, I believe the install is split into 2, since it downloaded an Additional File. Are you connected via WiFi, since that seems to be the requirement for bigger files these days.

Lastly the install is 221MB, so ensure you have enough space.

The only other thing to add is that I did a bit of a rollout of different devices throughout the day. So if it says that it's not compatible with your device, give it a few hours, all should be active now.

I tried it from there and after deleting some programs I didn't use anymore. Same error message. It says my phone is supported though.

I tried it from there and after deleting some programs I didn't use anymore. Same error message. It says my phone is supported though.

Huh....and are you downloading from Wifi?

Yes. I even tried switching to 3G to see if maybe the WiFi was screwing up on me. Still didn't start the download. I tried downloading something else, and it went fine.

@DF Kee - Maybe we can see if a sideload of the APK file would work? Since the game is free, is that something that could be provided via DropBox or something?

Yes. I even tried switching to 3G to see if maybe the WiFi was screwing up on me. Still didn't start the download. I tried downloading something else, and it went fine.

And to ask a silly question, how much space do you have on your device and which phone and android version are you on?

I have 465MB available on my phone itself and 60.59MB on my SD card. Should I delete more stuff off of my SD card? My phone is an HTC EVO V. I'm not sure how to check which version of android I have.

I have 465MB available on my phone itself and 60.59MB on my SD card. Should I delete more stuff off of my SD card? My phone is an HTC EVO V. I'm not sure how to check which version of android I have.

Ohhhh...that's the problem I believe. MMoJ loads in expansion files, which have to live on the sdcard (google play store requirement). It should take up around 200 Megs...

Had to delete a bunch of old podcasts I had saved, but I got it to download. It's fun so far.

Had to delete a bunch of old podcasts I had saved, but I got it to download. It's fun so far.

Whew! That's great news!!! :D