Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arch-Stanton

Player Harassment of Game Developers

Pretty hilarious that he expects armed guards at PAX because some little kids (he even says the adults don't do anything) threatened him on xbox live. He needs to grow a pair. As for dragon age 2 ? They fuckin deserved it. HAH, just kidding.

Nowhere did it say he expected armed guards.

And, him needing to grow a pair... He was the head of enforcement for Xbox Live, a public target for all the nutters out there. I'd say he's got a massive pair.

Game fans are some of the best and worst people in the world. The whole thing is that the internet allows for immediate response, which means that all the Devs get are knee-jerk reactions and not thoughtful commentary. I thimk it would be nice if every one who read a post on any social media was required to wait 10 minutes before replying to a post they read, that would probably have a great impact. they could even make shorter wait times contingent on your response history. That and I think online harassment should be as illegal as it is in the physical world.

Yea, that's kind of wild that you have to deal with vulgar comments sent your way like that. What does that say about the human psyche when things like that are so easily thrown about? Hopefully as time goes on people in general will develop more polite internet manners as it is used more and more for communication. Maybe.

Sign in to follow this