Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cecil

GfWL is going down, developers are getting rid of GfWL in existing games, what about Iron Brigade

I hope this IP has a future in the hands of DF. I've always wanted to play it, but I'm a huge supporter of the "fuck off, GFWL" movement. I'm excited to see if DF gets the rights to the IP. If that's the case they could switch this one to Steamworks, or make a sequel with Steamworks included from the get-go. Either way, I'm pretty sure if I dig Sanctum 2 and the IB demo I'd love the full game.

/fingerscrossed

In the last weeks there was quiet some activity on Iron Brigade on PC. Some random people met on the steam forums,

I even picked someone up and ran a full 100 waves of survival despite the stutter lag. Good times. We've supported

new players learning the ropes, using hilariously bad/experimental loadouts and even managed to miss gold.

All in the name ye olde plain good fun!

Sanctum 2 was recently acquired through a bundle by me and I gotta say I quiet enjoy it. It satisfies some of my

IB urges and it feels more substantial to me than Orcs must die. But yes, I think you won't go wrong with IB,

if you like Sanctum 2. IB is the moustache of (action)tower defense games! I mean this in the most positive way.

It is also my first and only (online) gfwl game, which is the reason you'll find me under the handle of 'LetItHackTheMec'

there. I thought I would never use this service, except for offline use. Serves me right. But to the point, Iron Brigade

was just too great and hilarious, when I was introduced to it at a friend's, that I wanted to enjoy with others.

If you get the chance to try it out, do it! Iron Brigade is a beautiful experience, in gameplay and story.

Iron Brigade deserves a future. I demand a future. You here me, universe? YOU HEAR ME!?

ITSP was patched on Dec 4th. That was the first Arcade title to have GFWL removed. Any luck on Iron Brigade?

In the last weeks there was quiet some activity on Iron Brigade on PC. Some random people met on the steam forums,

I even picked someone up and ran a full 100 waves of survival despite the stutter lag. Good times. We've supported

new players learning the ropes, using hilariously bad/experimental loadouts and even managed to miss gold.

All in the name ye olde plain good fun!

Sanctum 2 was recently acquired through a bundle by me and I gotta say I quiet enjoy it. It satisfies some of my

IB urges and it feels more substantial to me than Orcs must die. But yes, I think you won't go wrong with IB,

if you like Sanctum 2. IB is the moustache of (action)tower defense games! I mean this in the most positive way.

It is also my first and only (online) gfwl game, which is the reason you'll find me under the handle of 'LetItHackTheMec'

there. I thought I would never use this service, except for offline use. Serves me right. But to the point, Iron Brigade

was just too great and hilarious, when I was introduced to it at a friend's, that I wanted to enjoy with others.

If you get the chance to try it out, do it! Iron Brigade is a beautiful experience, in gameplay and story.

Iron Brigade deserves a future. I demand a future. You here me, universe? YOU HEAR ME!?

**echoing universe**

First of all, Merry Christmas to DF and all the faithfull Trench-Marines! :)

And now DF, how 'bout a little gift for the community? Any good news from the front? 8-/ Well all just wish GFWL gone...

The ball is in Microsoft's court, but Microsoft prefers to pout, cross arms, and turn the other way instead of acknowledging the ball's existence. Hopefully things behind the scenes are going better than that metaphor implies, but knowing Microsoft, that's pretty much how I imagine it going at the moment.

As far as I know, the other developers that have had success removing GFWL from their games had one very big advantage: They owned the rights to their games. Microsoft is clinging to the sinking GFWL ship even though it has already hit rock bottom and coral is starting to grow on it. DF has a fight on their hands if they want to convince Microsoft to allow them to remove GFWL from IB.

I wanted to buy the 4 pack on steam, so I could play with friends, but then I read that there is a game breaking bug because of gfwl.

Has there been any update or word from Doublefine about this issue? GFWL has been said to go down as early as July, a lot of companies are changing over to Steamworks. I would like to buy Iron Brigade but ever since this whole GFWL fiasco, I've been reluctant in doing so.

Has there been any update or word from Doublefine about this issue? GFWL has been said to go down as early as July, a lot of companies are changing over to Steamworks. I would like to buy Iron Brigade but ever since this whole GFWL fiasco, I've been reluctant in doing so.

I can't even buy Iron Brigade even if I wanted to, because Steam blocks out GFWL titles in our country. I just hope Microsoft, DF, or whoever is holding up the removal of GFWL gets their act together.

Tim said a few days ago that they're still working on it. Let me dig up the tweet...

Edit: Here it is.

Yep Microsoft is the publisher and they have the rights so they are the only ones that can decide if it is allowed.

Tim said a few days ago that they're still working on it. Let me dig up the tweet...

Edit: Here it is.

One day, we'll wake up and there it will be, Iron Brigade, free from GFWL.

I refuse to cease waiting for this day.

No further word on this I take it? Would be nice to have it combined with a removal of the 30FPS-lock. I'm holding off buying it until it happens, just like I did with ITSP. I bought that literally the day it went GFWL-free.

Still crossing fingers.

They are turning blue...

Is there any news on the GfWL removal. I love this game. I have missed this game and want to play it again. I will pay buy this game again to play. Please fix it I will give you money!

Please oh please let this happen. Let Iron Brigade go free! I have no idea as to the status of this game being playable any more, but I have hope!

The problem I have is that I have the PC version of the game. Without GfWL working I can't play the game at all. I can't bypass the login screen. I love the game. I would love to play again, and to see more content!

Here's hoping they can do away with GfWL. Just a horrible piece of software.

But at least the fact that steam achievements seem to be in the works

could suggest that some work is done on Iron Brigade. :D

Funny that a game for sale, and is still not working. Please can we get some word from someone about Iron Brigade?

Yeah, I'm REALLY curious now, because at this amazing sale price I'd love to buy a copy for a friend or two, but I can't exactly do that if I don't know whether the game will be playable post-GFWL..

I hope everything's going well behind the red tape for you guys at Double Fine.

Just drop a \m/ if you're still alive and kicking. Or if you've got some humour

reserves left, update the FAQ in the steam forums. A blackguard would say

the place needs some cleansing by the holy flame of reflecting irony. 8)

Not me, I'm not a blackguard! =)

Sign in to follow this