Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atkinson_2pp

Sidequest: "Look, the Clocks..."

There's something really strange going on with the pagination of this thread.

Excellent stuff. Dave, I just watched a bunch of Quentin Tarantino interviews. You have the same level of passion for games. Awesome! :-)

Good lord...

Honestly, Dave Gardner seems to be an affable guy, the sidequest's great, the haircut makes him look really handsome, but, and you knew a but was forthcoming, the "like" thing was possibly literally grating on my nerves, or at least it felt that way after a while. Every third word!

Prolonged sigh - and I'm better now. A bit.

Very nice Sidequest. You people at Double Fine are so passionate about your job, all games from this company can only come from pure love for the genre. Never change!

The sidequests are geting better and better..

I've spent 50 minutes on this and it seemed like 10!

2PP probably spent more like 5000 minutes on it, so they will probably be sad about your comment. It's never enough!

2PP probably spent more like 5000 minutes on it, so they will probably be sad about your comment. It's never enough!

Hahaha, that is probably a close estimation. This took me a longer time to edit than I would like to admit. Mostly because I could not figure out what to cut and I kept getting entranced by his energy and stories, despite hearing it more than 60 times (most likely).

Hahaha, that is probably a close estimation. This took me a longer time to edit than I would like to admit. Mostly because I could not figure out what to cut and I kept getting entranced by his energy and stories, despite hearing it more than 60 times (most likely).

Crazy energy :D

So just divide it to 3 parts and release one part every year on December :)

This Sidequest was super relatable for me. Little throwaway details that designers lovingly place into games have always been exciting to discover.

I remember interviewing Dave and thinking dude he is a small Gary Oldman on speed.

Yes! I was trying to put my finger on who he reminded me of, and he's totally a (slightly) mousier Gary Oldman. In the best possible way of course.

I also loved this Sidequest.

Mostly I consume without posting but I really enjoyed it and Dave and wanted to mention it.

Now if someone could edit him into clips from LEON...

Now if someone could edit him into clips from LEON...

If only we can find extra time to put Dave in front of a green screen! Just have him reenact big Gary Oldman scenes.

So just divide it to 3 parts and release one part every year on December :)

Haha! Just think, we spend so many hours, meticulously animating elaborate cut scenes, beads of sweat dripping onto our keyboards as we shake gripping our Wacom pens tightly, late into the night to make our cut scenes... and then everyone just hits the escape button when they start! :(

lol JK,

The trick is to make them start and end before you even noticed you were in a cut scene and your already back playing again (although, we are having a lot of fun with some long ones in Broken Age!) My favorite compliment from a coworker, Ben Burbank (who I worked on White Birch with last year!) came by for lunch and he said, what the fuck are you making Saturday morning cartoons over here?! ( I had a very overly dramatic 'falling' animation up on my screen at the time.. look for it when we ship!!:D )

Love you guys! its fun to chat! (and bonus, notice I NEVER say Like when I type!)

also, for the Oldman fans, ask anyone at DF and they'll tell you, this is what I look like when I'm working, on the other end is my computer:

Oldman.jpg

also, for the Oldman fans, ask anyone at DF and they'll tell you, this is what I look like when I'm working, on the other end is my computer:

Oldman.jpg

No wonder the game is taking so long and eating the budget - Dave keeps shooting the computers!

Oldman.jpg

So are we to assume Dave uses Windows 7 Professional?

39eBmLP.png

That's freaky and awesome at the same time. Just look at how Gary Oldman portrays this energetic talkative talented animator in the image on the left.

Thank you, Dave, for turning this into a Gary Oldman thread. I adore Gary Oldman.

His hammy villain roles are enjoyable, but I also love when he plays nicer characters, like Sirius Black and Commissioner Gordon.

Sign in to follow this