Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atkinson_2pp

Sidequest: "Look, the Clocks..."

Awesome Sidequest! Thanks 2PP! And love your exuberance, Dave! I imagine you look like Drexl from True Romance when you're working in front of the computer.

Also, scientific fact: Independence Day was a horrible movie. I know Broken Age will be F'ing awesome and nothing like that disaster-on-film.

This sidequest felt incredibly inspiring. Dammit. I really need to go make something of myself now! How passionate he was talking about (some of the) games he was working on, it seems like he really loves what he does. I need that sort of thing.

I am so glad I backed this project, even if for some reason I never end up playing the game I got my money's work just based on videos like this.

This was rather epic.

Sega Genesis deserves more love.

And damn, no one should have the GI Joe Shuttle and Aircraft Carrier at the same time. LOL

Realise I'm a bit late to the party, and I don't really comment on things but...

I really loved this Side Quest, and I love your take on the clocks. I can remember being amazed at similar things when I was a younger gamer (I estimate we're very similar ages).

But also I really like the general ethos that making tiny bits of polish and extra touches can be picked up on and have a dramatic effect, going the extra mile if you like. I'm sure a lot of us try to do that in our work and personal lives, but I just thought that your way of illustrating that mentality with the clocks from Final Fantasy 2 was really elegant and touching, and it really stuck with me. So much so that I rewatched the side quest tonight.

Nice one Dave, keep the clocks ticking.

Sign in to follow this